Author Topic: Teach Me Somethin' (Invite Only)  (Read 9349 times)

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    The man your man could post like
    • View Profile
Teach Me Somethin' (Invite Only)
« on: December 04, 2016, 05:06:41 PM »
Anyone who had been given the chance to spectate or compete in the Vytal Festeval Tournament would know that Amity was a monstrously immense complex, something akin to that of a flying mall. Since he was granted the honor of being one of Beacon's representatives at the tournament, Juno found himself spending an increasingly large amount of time here, watching fights, understanding the layout, keeping tabs on brackets, and so on. The news of a "Nathan Eau" hospitalizing two competitors easily found its way to him, but it didn't concern the young man. Nathan wasn't his opponent. Not yet.

No, Juno had his eyes set on the other headline-making first year.

Jack Pettibone had gained quite the following, and upon watching replays of the man's fights, Juno could see why. He was attractive, skilled, and charismatic. His kit was minimal, but his ability in regards to hand to hand was mind-boggling. Not to mention his speed...

The operator of ANUBIS had dealt with speedsters before. His bout with Xanh Lo Kurstein more than proved his skill in doing so. But Jack seemed nigh flawless in his ability to avoid incoming danger. As Juno sat, watching and replaying his future opponent's fight against boxer Griz Blancard, Juno studied Jack's movements, the way he flowed with the onslaught of punches that the boxer threw at him.

It was concerning, at the very least. The end of the fight was lackluster, but what Jack did pull off was not to be taken lightly. The dude was good.

Damn good.

"You've been watching this same clip for about an hour." Phi stated as she phased into existence on Juno's shoulder, her cerulean form giving off a faint light of the same hue. "He doesn't look like much of a problem to me. You have ANUBIS, and you have me. We can more than keep up with him."

"It's possible, yes. But I still don't know enough about him to make a proper assessment. Xanh was easy to figure out in the heat of the fight. Pettibone just... Isn't. I can't place it." Juno replied, a mildly frustrated sigh escaping his lips as he minimized the fight against Griz and switched to a recording of his fight against Bianca.

"I just need time to figure this guy out. We can't afford to lose so early into this thing."
Juno Varia: The Street Punk

Juno Vert: 1st year student of Beacon, Armored leader of Team VCVS

Phi: #007ba7

Nebu Nekhbet: DUAT unit 01: Desegnation RA

Nebu/Rho: #FFD700

Austin Vartra: TBA

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
Re: Teach Me Somethin' (Invite Only)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 06:28:04 PM »
Nathan, clad in his coat and attached hood, was enjoying some of the place's fast food incognito. Thank goodness for that attire, or he couldn't have made two steps outside of Beacon before becoming a target for people, in one way or another.

It had been about five minutes since he'd set down with his tray. Three large burgers and a small mountain of fries. While eating, he'd glanced around like usual, doing a slight recon of his surroundings,before spotting someone watching some videos.

Watching from an angle, he'd seen what looked - from that distance - like Jack Petitbone (heh) dodging almost all blows from another fighter. He'd watched along, trying to figure out the fighting style.

Just... speed and technique, apparently. Didn't seem too bad, but then again, appearances could be deceiving. Still, most likely solutions seemed to attempt to overwhelm with multiple angles of attack, or beat him at his own game.

His thoughts were interrupted by a blue, translucent... thing appearing on the guy's shoulder. Well, that was, uuh, special. Said guy then proceeded to say how important it was to get a grasp on his opponent.

"Uuuh, if I may intervene, the bloke just seems good at close range, apart from that speed of his. Solution is to either overwhelm him and give him nowhere to dodge to, force his retreat or beat him at his own game."
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 07:35:15 PM by nathan67003 »
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 12:15:21 AM »
Someone was watching.

Of course someone was watching. In public spaces, someone is always watching. However, this fact didn't make the unexpected intrusion of his thoughts any more welcome. 'Multiple angles of attack'. It wasn't like Juno couldn't pull it off. It was more about hiding the tells. Keeping his opponent guessing.

No, the issue here was that he didn't know enough about his opponent to know what to expect.

Juno's fight with Xanh offered a perfect summation of how important it is to be familiar with your opponent. He didn't expect her water powers, but was able to adapt and adjust accordingly. She couldn't predict his constructs, but he never showed the extent at which they operated. He made it so she couldn't adapt, swapping between setups to mess with any strategy she may have had.

The green haired operator shifted his attention back to the hardlight screen as the playback of Bianca v. Jack began. What he saw in the opening moments prompted him to crease his brow.

So this guy could teleport. But... So could Caja. However, he knew that hers was hereditary, and Juno knew for a fact that his girlfriend was in no way related to his opponent. Yes, there were likely more lineages of teleporters, or people who sprung up wit the trait, but it was a point of curiosity.

Nevertheless, Juno knew how to fight teleporters. Countless spars with his teammate-now-girlfriend had given him an idea on several strategies employed by teleporters. Nevertheless, from what Juno could tell, Jack was faster than Caja, and his grenades made him more versatile.

It was like he was going up against a combination of Caja and Verdant.

Juno paused as his train of thought came to a rest, having realized that whoever the person who spoke to him was, they hadn't gotten a response in the past... One, maybe two minutes? A flick of the wrist prompted the screen to shatter into hundreds of small green hexagonal panels, each of which dissipated shortly thereafter.

"Speed is far from the problem. It's more along the lines of versatility. I have seen glimpses of how this man fights, and from what I have gathered, he's no joke, and that isn't enough of a clue as to how far he can go or the extent of what he can do. Whatever happens, the next fight is definitely going to be tricky."
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 12:53:36 PM by Rush »

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 05:50:38 AM »
Nathan hadn't given much thought to the fact that the guy hadn't answered him. In all honesty, he ight've done worse and not even noticed that someone had spoken. He did, however, react when the screen vanished in a pretty constellation, followed by the owner's answer.

"True that, albeit all following fights in this tournament will probably be tricky. But I actually happen to know the guy. Though I've never really fought him, I can tell you that he's ready to do anything to get the upper hand, especially if he's got a goal in mind besides looking good and charismatic. Sure, he may be versatile, but I assume most people who've been in the tournament so far have been saving up their assets for later. Y'know, to have an edge. As far as I'm concerned, you two are probably equally blind about each other. It's just up to you to keep him on his toes and stop him from getting the advantage, I guess. Outmatch him, use your strengths against his weaknesses, yadda yadda yadda. The whole shebang."
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 10:21:57 AM »
"Would be a lot easier if I hadn't left my own ace on the table in my last match." Juno commented, swinging one of his legs over the bench to somewhat face the unnamed and apparently hooded individual behind a mountain of food. Whoever he was, he seemed to carry more than average knowledge about Jack Pettibone. Claiming to know him was definitely a testament to that, and while he definitely didn't know this person, Juno decided to trust him. He was kind enough to give him advice, at the very least.

Hopefully, Juno could get a name from this individual as well.

"So. What do you go by?" he asked, looking over the hooded figure with some level of interest. "I'm Juno. Juno Vert. The cyber pixie on my shoulder is Phi."

"Hello." She greeted in response, leaning forward a bit in an attempt to get a better look at the stranger's face. There was something oddly familiar, maybe something she had seen while data surfing? Possibly. She'd need time to place it, though.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 10:45:28 AM »
Nathan didn't really waste replying to the turning man's comment. "Yyyeeaaaah, that sucks. Now that you mention it, I'm kinda proud that only my team knows my semblance."

He then proceeded to further chat with the man - who was no longer named 'man' or 'guy', but 'Juno', as well as the cute blue thing - or cyber pixie, apparently - named Phi on his shoulder. "Pleasure to meet the both of ya! I'm -"

Here, Nathan paused to think it over. Perhaps a bit too long, but he freaking hoped it wasn't long enough to be noticed. His name wasn't exactly rare, but it wasn't common either and if his newfound acquaintance moved to pull his hood back... Well, let's just say he would've liked Ergia in storage form for that. Now, what was he gonna say?

Not finding a potable answer within his self-allotted time, he went with the first non-lie, yet non-truth he could muster. "- Nathan. Nathan Nad."
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 01:32:25 PM »
Nathan... Nathan... I could have sworn that I've heard a lot about a Nathan... the AI started, focusing on the face under the hood. Where most people wouldn't be able to see past the shadows cast by the hood, she could see the boy's face. A quick scan was all she needed to gather enough data to start searching through news reports and records, eventually coming across the young man's two fights.

Interesting...

"Well, Nathan. It's nice to meet you. Where do you study? Haven? Atlas?" Juno replied, hoping to continue the conversation, potentially get to understand this individual. It was odd that he would hide himself in public, but Juno didn't know the circumstances. He wasn't one to judge. Not yet, at least.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 01:56:06 PM »
"Nah, I'm at Beacon. You?", Nathan responded. On the side, he dutifully registered Phi leaning in, almost as if she could see into the hood. A quick glance & frown is all that showed of his knowledge of this.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Kiith

• Personal Text
    I don't know what I'm doing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 03:36:16 PM »
Another afternoon, another bunch of hours spent at the colloseum.

At times, Xanh's conscience got the better of her, and whenever that happened she started to question why she was still coming here every day basically. Surely there could have been more useful things she could accomplish with her time. She could have finally gotten around to sort out all the crap that had accumulated under her bed lately, or could have actually done some revision for that stupid history test that had been looming on the horizon for a while already. Or she could have gotten in some extra practice instead of just sitting around watching other people fight. And her own performance in the tourney definetely had shown the girl that she could use every little bit of extra exercise she could get.

But that was the point. Xanh had been so confident in her chances, had expected to return here - not as spectator, but as fighter - until the very final matches. And then she just got kicked out on her first try, in an act of total surprise on her behalf, and utter ridiculousness on behalf of the guy who had beat her. 'Juno...', that name, the name of her opponent had burnt itself into her mind as she had tried to figure out where she went wrong and what was this dude's deal over the course of the last few days. Xanh almost did not want to think about it anymore, for at this point it just always left her annoyed in an aimless way every time she acitvely tried to come to terms with the issue.

What usually was a good distraction from these thoughts though - as well as from that pesky conscience - was, in fact, spending time around the colloseum. Just indulging in the excited atmosphere that was created by the droves of spectators for a little always helped her feel a little better about things, and even if you're not the one down in the arena: watching other students from all over the world beat each other up in some good old fights was not half bad either. Right now though, there seemed to be some downtime before the next match. So, what better time would there be to get some food in than this?

As the girl was walking through rows of benches and tables that filled up a large part of the one of many areas she had strolled into, making her way towards the food stands, she could not help but listen to what was going on around her. So many people here, all with their own things to do, and their own stories to tell. Yes, being amongst so many people made her always feel a little better...

And then, inbetween the noise of an older couple talking about the weather or something and  a group of friends probably having a heated discussion about the last fight, she made out something that in any other place might have just passed right by her ears but, here, immediately caught her attention.

"I'm Juno".

Quickly Xanh came to a stop. Who did just introduce himself somewhere? Not quite sure she heard right the girl decided to wait for a moment at the side of the walkway, raising her eyebrows, listening a bit more closely.

"Juno Vert".

'Oh, you can't be for real...', was the first thing that shot through Xanh's mind, accompanied by a quiet, elongated sigh. Of all the people in all the places around Amity it had to be Juno fucking Vert that she passed by? Now that was just great.
Even if some part of her - probably the one that was still hungry - told her to just leave the matter be and move on, she just had to lift her head a little and have a look around, checking the closeby tables for the source of that voice. And yes, she had not just imagined that: Not far away at all she spotted the guy, his striking green hair sticking out like a sore thumb. Apparently he was having a conversation of his own by someone she could not really make out from over here, courtesy of his hood. And a little, blue...thing had joined them in whatever they were doing as well.

Again there was that little piece of her consciousness which tried to tell Xanh to just move on, but by now it had been mostly drowned out by a strong mix of annoyance and fierce determination to approach this situation - and these two conversing guys - in a way she had not quite figured out herself yet. But there was not much time to think about it anyway, as her feet had already begun traversing the few metres of distance between her and them, and as Xanh came to a halt just a bit to the side of their table she gave the one who beat her a less than amused look, her forehead decorated by a frown.

"Look who that is! Juno the Grea, first of his namet! I wonder what he's doing here! Giving out autographs, perhaps?". Rubbing her chin for just a second, as if her question was to be taken seriously, she ultimately turned towards the other person. "If that's what you're here for it's probably for the best if you just moved on and get some food or something. I know he got some nice, cheap tricks up his ass, but", before finishing her sentence she laid her left hand next to her mouth and went into a fake whisper that was, in the end, not very quiet at all, "I don't think it's gonna get him very far..."

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 05:13:29 PM »
So, this Nathan was a beacon attendee. Just like the one in the news. The gears had already begun to turn in Juno's head, but he honestly didn't want to get too involved. Whatever was going on wasn't his quarrel, Phi's whispered murmur cemented the fact that he was sitting not too far from the infamous Nathan Eau. Juno really shouldn't have been surprised. The media was out for this kid's head. What was more frustrating was that it took a bit for Juno to notice the obvious. However just as Juno was about to drop the Nathan's surname, a familiar, agitated voice rung in his ears.

Xanh Lo Kurstein, fellow student at Beacon, had sauntered in, a sarcastic edge to her voice and an unfortunately bitchy attitude in tow. The young man rolled his eyes as he turned to face the outspoken competitor, a hand pressed dramatically to his chest.

"Oh, Ms. Kurstein. You wound me. I'm wounded. Can't you see how wounded I am?" he replied, holding his pose for a dramatic moment before standing up, grandly gesturing to the girl before him. "Oh, how will I possibly go on, knowing I have displeased the lady Kurstein? What is left to live for, to gain, to derive joy from?" he declared, a light smirk on his face as he finished with a small bow. Once he was done with his little show, the young man straitened up, towering over the girl as he spoke. "I'd like to think you had more reason to come here than to complain. We were given the honor of representing our school, after all." he continued, pausing a moment to look her in the eye. "It might do you some good to practice sportsmanship."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 02:25:32 AM by Rush »

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 07:07:38 PM »
Nathan noticed Phi lean in and whisper something to her accomplice. Looking at her for about a second, he let it go after determining that he wouldn't be able to tell what that was about without asking. As his mind waited for an answer from Juno, it was suddenly filled with more metaphysical salt than there was real one on his fries.

Glancing up a bit, he witnessed as a shortish, pretty young lass started spewing forth various misgivings about his interlocutor. Nathan'd been about to point out that he already had plenty of food, thank you very much when Juno threw his own box of kosher sodium chloride into the mix.

All Nathan could say about the events unfolding before him was, in a hushed tone that probably nobody heard, "...Someone's being a sore loser and the other's just enjoying rubbing it in..." On that note, he bit off the first quarter of his second hamburger.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Kiith

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 05:53:28 AM »
As Juno not only picked up the proverbial ball thrown at him but proceeded to throw it back in her face, Xanh's expression transitioned from mere displeasure to one of outright annoyance. To her, that guy was full of himself that he would probably just explode if you tried cramming anything other than his ego into him! Just looking at him, standing there in front of her, all calm and collected while spewing around his nonsense made her whish she had another shot at smacking his face.

"Oh boy, you're getting all the pleasure out of this right now, hm? Fair enough! Use all of your weird, fancy bullshit and your magical armour of absurdity to screw over everyone and then joke about them! I guess that's the winners' spoils", in a gesture of apparent resignation, she threw her arms up, only to take them down soon after to lean forward a tad and firmly point towards Juno's chest. "But don't you try and lecture me on sportsmanship, or on, ahem", she quickly and demonstratively cleared her throat before transitioning into the best worst Juno-impression she could come up with on the spot, "'the honour of representing our school'! Because, I don't know, I somehow fail to see where you have grounds to talk about that!"

"But then again, hey", letting out a dismissive chuckle, Xanh once more turned towards the hooded figure who, even if he might not have wanted to, was now involved in this just about as much as the reason for her anger, "I don't get this guy anyway, not at all. I mean, just look at him! Probably hit his head one day, fell unconscious and woke up thinking he's the shit".

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 10:41:12 AM »
Was... Was this girl for real? Juno could understand being upset at a loss, but this... This was just stupid! Sure, he may have not helped matters much with his more... condescending tone, but to be frank, she approached him acting like a child throwing a tantrum. You don't have the grounds to talk about sportsmanship or honor- Bullshit. At the very least, he knew more about those principles than her, given her current behavior.

So he stood there and seethed, glaring down at her the longer she spoke, strategizing, planning what to say next whenever she finished her rant. He could see Phi open her mouth to retaliate, but he quickly raised a hand, a nonverbal cue to let him handle this one. Once Xanh was done, he then took a deep breath, collecting himself before speaking. "So. I don't have the grounds to talk about sportsmanship? At the very least, I didn't go out of my way to hassle you about the results of our fight.

We fought, you performed admirably, but I won. If you have issues with what happened, then explain them. We can talk, and I can do my best to explain away any issues you have. If you just came here to bitch, then you can leave."

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 10:48:12 AM »
Nathan merely remained seated, occasionally exchanging a couple of glances with Phi, all the while eating his hamburgers and fries. He was almost done with the second one, now.

Taking any side in this would probably not have been the greatest idea.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Kiith

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2016, 01:05:40 PM »
Actions and dialogue of Juno Vert have been written by Rush and were only put together in this post by me

"Yeah, you didn't go out of your way to hassle anyone! You just pick up random people like whoever the fuck this guy over here is  to brag about it,  or get your groupies hyped up for your next circus show. You know, when I can hear you spout your name from three rows away like you're winner of this thing already then there's clearly something wrong with your attitude, no matter if you're all cool and humble now!"

"But fine, fine!"
, again, she threw her arms up in an effort to vent her frustration without smacking anyone, "If I get an audience with Juno Fucking Vert, then why not let me use the opportunity to tell you that you, with all your fancy pantsy equipment in the arena and your 'so far above everyone' attitude, are a cheesy little shit!"

"Oh, gods forbid I introduce myself to a complete stranger. Gods forbid I have a decent conversation that has nothing to do with you. Gods forbid I try to put up with your shit. You, who can't comprehend a loss, who can't seem to understand that my world doesn't revolve around you. I was just talking to Eau about my upcoming fight with Pettibone! Is that such a goddamn sin? Well?"

"Don't you try and get me with this shit! This is exactly the point. Even if you're not just laughing your ass of at how at how you somehow, with your magical powers of asshattery, kicked and flung me around like a ragdoll, you're just talking shit about your next opponent! Maybe already  putting a plan together on how to best humiliate him, eh? And the point is: I don't get it. I don't get how I have to be absolutely fucked over by you and sit on the sidelines now, despite trying everything, while you, the idiot with grass for hair, an arms factory for equipment and this joke for an attitude get to sit here and conemplate your next big show with random peeps like Na-".

In the state of agitation she had talked herself into it took Xanh a few seconds to fully comprehend what Juno had said there at the end. But as the words - and the one, certain name that was dropped with them - sunk in she stopped mid sentence, almost as if coughing up on her own words. A few times she just quietly blinked, looking inbetween Juno and the hooded figure. "W-wait....who did you say this was? Whom you where talking to...?", she asked, her voice still all but happy sounding, but suddenly very quiet.

"I don't talk shit about my opponents, Xanh. I had respect for you as an opponent, which you just wasted away by acting like a child". He stated as the girl paused, only to be slightly taken aback by the insistence of her question. "I said I was talking to Nathan Eau. He's another competitor in the tournament".

"Nathan Eau? Nathan? Eau? Nathaniel? Motherfucking? Eau?!", she reiterated multiple times, her eye twitching, just riling herself up further the more she repeated the name of the person who, until now, had just sat to the side, eating his food.  From one moment to the next, as she swung around on the spot to face Nathan, Juno had become the least of her concerns in this scene.

"You motherfucker...!", she brought out between clenched teeth and quickly closed up to where he sat on the table, reaching out with her hand as she still was walking in an effort to get a good grip on the guy's neck before he could pull any shenanigans. While still charging at Nathan though she could already feel a strong pull on her still lowered arm, hindering the girl from advancing just as she was about to get a grip on anything. Without even turning around to face whom was trying to keep her on the spot she yelled: "You stay the fuck out of this one! This is between me and this little shit!"