Author Topic: First Year 1v1 1st Round: Griz V Jack [Limited: 2/8]  (Read 8972 times)

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 1st Round: Griz V Jack [Limited: 2/8]
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 05:12:55 PM »
Jack let the rubble and dust settle, keeping himself composed and on the alert. In fact, he waited for Blancard to notice him standing there before speaking. He knew blinking in behind him again was a silly option, with flappable opponents it was a sure thing, but he knew who he was dealing with. And so he posed, at the ready, where he had blinked to, off to Blancard's left, just out of immediate striking distance for an aura manipulator. Once he'd been spotted he hopped down from the rubble pile he'd stood on.

"Yeah, like I said, Saggio is important..." as the words trickled out for all to hear, he started to move, slowly picking up pace as he went. "But if you really want to watch me put it all on the line..." He ratcheted up to a jog now, discreetly palming a grenade into his closed fist. "Then Orabel Arachne is the one you want to see me fight for!" Roaring out his testament, he shot forward, as fast as he could without blinking, his movements a blur. In a breath the grenade was at Blancard's feet and going off (30% if taken full on, decrease the further you are from the epicenter, fire and impact dust blast easily strong enough to throw someone into the air)

Jack would follow through the remnants of the blast, either putting a flying kick hard enough to knock a man to earth(20%) into his target's midsection were things to go airborne, or unleashing a barrage of dozens of seemingly uncoordinated, chaotic open palm strikes (20% if all land) after a spinning heel strike to the head (15%) should things stay on the ground and the grenade be avoided.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Aura Check 100%
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

Timeworker

• Personal Text
    Natus es angelorum morientur gehennam ignis
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2016, 04:03:42 PM »
Seeing Jack shoot forward Griz glared at him...did he think he was joking around? Even if he was fast, without his semblance his blows are more than manageable. Yawning slightly Griz was barley able to see the grenade land before it went off.

Glimpsing the grenade land at his feet Griz absorbed the shock wave with the rest of his dwindling force field of aura. Recoiling at the pain Griz's shield absorbed the kinetic ejection of the blast . With the blast's explosive energy being absorbed into the shield Griz was able to stay on his feet and in the fight. With a newly gained sense of stability Griz saw Jack's strikes with only a few moments to spare and rushed into the attack. Channeling his aura briefly Griz put his aura training to use. Using a burst of intense speed powered up by aura Griz pushed forward in a blur to match Jack's. Griz weaved between Jack's palm strikes as they scraped the side of his aura. Griz started sweating and panting as the world seemed to spin around him. Feeling sick like he was about to vomit Griz barely saw Jack's kick coming before he was able to desperately push himself out of the way using a burst of aura.

This isn't great...I don't think I will be able to continue like this for much longer...
Griz's aura was dependant on sleep, the more sleep he got the more aura he had vica versa. Due to being forced to start at 100% Griz was...for the lack of better words horribly sleep deprived. Of course the effects of this could be held off using copious amounts of caffeine but he could feel himself starting to crash.
Checking his aura he was still around a average person's aura level and could theoretically continue but Griz couldn't bring himself too.
"Sorry Pettibone but it looks like that's it for today, I can tell you're a good opponent but I'm not exactly at my 100%. If it's alright with you I don't really feel like taking a grenade to the face when I'm not all here."
Griz started walking shakily towards the edge of the arena

"If you ever feel like facing me when I'm at my best then you'll find me. Until then...kick some ass, I'll be rooting for you."

Griz has forfeited due to physical exhaustion
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 04:22:31 PM by Timeworker »
Griz Blancard 1st Year Student at Beacon"I need a nap"
Dorothy Burgundy 3rd Year Shade, Elite Scavenger "Treasure is everywhere, you just need to know where to look!"
Xavier Cendres2nd year Beacon "Everything can be solved with a wrench, screwdriver, and a whole lot of time"

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2016, 11:21:16 PM »
Good, the shield was down. Freaking finally. Jack slowed his momentum just enough not to smash bodily into Blancard and cut loose, his strikes meant to disorient and confound, not cripple. The palm strikes, at least, the kick was another matter entirely. He was ready for the surge of speed and power that came with facing an aura user, something he intended to master himself one day. What he wasn't ready for at all was the sudden lax behavior from his opponent, something so unexpected that he wiffed an otherwise flawless strike and allowed Blancard to stagger away after some aura use put him out of range.

He paused, staying in a loose guard in case this was some sort of diversion, even if it wouldn't exactly be like the famed tourney fighter to pull a low-blow. Jack himself wouldn't even pull something so obvious and stupid. The explanation was forthcoming enough. Inwardly, he seethed. Sure, it wasn't like Blancard had chickened out, he understood completely...it wasn't the guy's fault at all, so no beef between them there. He was just beyond pissed he hadn't had the chance to win in a fair fight, to beat Griz Blancard with all of Remnant watching, just like he'd beaten Murk and Skunk. Instead of letting his crushing disappointment get the better of him, he went right on being the hero.

Jack blinked over to where Griz had thrown his jacket and pants, snatched them up, and blinked next to the man as he walked, throwing the jacket over the exhausted man's shoulders. He gave him a shoulder to lean on and waved over a medic with water as they neared the exit. "Man, it's okay. If you're not 100%, then I've got no reason to wail on you anyway. If I'm going to fight a dude, it's when he's good and ready. Take care, bro."

The crowd watched in near silence, the edge-of-the-seat match they'd been hoping for now an impossibility. Ember chuckled to herself, passing it off has bemused laughter at how sweet Jack was. Really she was just tickled to death that Orabel would get no trophy this round, and be unable to strut about like she was actually something special.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 11:29:11 PM by Uncouth T-Rex »
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!