Author Topic: [OPEN] Once Upon a Time, on a Hot Summer's Day  (Read 4718 times)

Asterisk

• View Profile
[OPEN] Once Upon a Time, on a Hot Summer's Day
« on: October 09, 2016, 06:16:50 AM »
There was a heat-wave today and it was hot. One could fry an egg on the pavement in the heat of 56 degrees Celsius and throughout Beacon Academy, many students stayed indoors as the school racked up its dust bill on the air conditioning. Many others that walked around outside dressed either in clothing infused with ice dust or without most of their clothing. And some were swimming in the school pool, not treating this hot day as an excuse to skip training while some played and splashed water at each other. Another small group of students though, were situated at the cliffs by one of the cascades.

"Holy shit, are you really going do it Strelka?" Clad in a pine-colored bikini with her white dust-cooled bolero over, Stella peered over the edge of the cliff.

Strelka, who was dressed in a black one-piece swimsuit with electric blue designs replied, "Sure, my dad and I used to do it all the time. Would you like to come along?" With that, she took a deep breath, exhaled, and then ran before leaping off the edge. Plummeting head-first as the water came towards her, the third-year adjusted her form and hit the water hundreds of meters below face-on. Swimming back up to the surface, Strelka waved at them, now dots over the edge of the cliff before swimming over and resting under the waterfall, enjoying the sensation of the thousands of pounds of icy cold water falling on her in this infernal temperature.

Seeing Strelka surface, Stella smiled. "Sure, why not." Stepping up to the cliffs to look down at the huge drop again, she walked backwards a few feet, taking off her jacket and tossing it to the grass next to her. She was, to be honest, quite nervous but that wasn't going to stop her from trying to impress someone like Strelka in terms of bravery. Sprinting forward, the CEO of Prometheus jumped off with her feet pointed down, arms around her abdomen. Descending fast, she let out a "WHOOOOOO!!!!" before she hit the water. The sense of coolness felt good in the heat, and she was proud, the sense of accomplishment rising up her chest as a warm feeling. Once her head broke the surface, she yelled out, "HOLY SHIT THAT WAS AMAZING!!!" She swam to Strelka as they high-fived each other under the waterfall. She then yelled up at the top of her lungs, unsure whether the sound would travel that far with the sound of the water crashing down, "HEY CAMMY TOSS DOWN MY SCROLL!"

Back on the cliffs, Camellia in a pink bikini with white frilly designs had heard the girl, and after barely recognizing what she was saying, yelled down, "OKAY!" Taking the other girl's waterproof scroll, she tossed it down. It hit the water with a large splash about ten meters from Stella and Strelka then sank, emitting a glow.

"THANK YOU! AND ANYONE ELSE WANNA COME ON DOWN?!" Diving underwater, Stella found her scroll and grabbed it before swimming back to Strelka. "I'll bring an airship around later so we can all go again."

"Ah, thank you." Strelka blinked, surprised. She had not expected to see Stella as the first one down, aside from herself.

Meanwhile, Marigold, dressed in a black bikini with yellow designs had hung Stella's jacket on the branch of a nearby tree before taking a running stance towards the cliff while smiling.

"You too Marigold?!" Orchid asked, having come along in a black one-piece similar to Strelka's but with hot pink designs. She was quite nervous too, and the heights made her knees turn to jelly. When she agreed to come, she though it would be like the cliffs back at the Emerald Forest. But these were MUCH higher.

"Come on, the General's gotta show some face in front of her people right?" Running and gracefully pushing off the cliff with her feet, Marigold performed two front-flips before stretching out her arms and hitting the water with a small splash. She felt a proud sensation just like Stella's as she came back up, breathing heavily. "Wow! The was really really exciting!" She went to the edge, and climbed into a crevice she found along the cliff wall, sitting in it with her feet in the water and the waterfall splashing her. She leaned back and relaxed, watching boats pass by and the city in the back.

Ophelia had been sitting on the edge of the cliffs wearing a black bikini with grey designs. Feet dangling off the ledge, she smiled and watched as they dove off the cliff one by one. She was happy. Her childhood had involved nothing except for training and classes, but now she has a chance to fully experience the joys she had missed out on with her friends. Real friends. Not ones her parents paid to develop her. She looked over at her daughter, who was trying to drag Orchid off the cliff.

"H-hold on! I-I don't think this is a good idea!" Stammering, Orchid caught a glimpse of the drop and forced her way out of Camellia's grip, running a few meters back in-land to look at them. She pointed at Ophelia. "And don't you help her! I know how you two are!"

"What do you mean?" Ophelia asked, jokingly denying any accusations. Laying back and raising her legs, she pushed off the floor with her shoulder blades, back-flipping in the air once before landing next to Camellia. "Guess she skipped her turn. Come on, lets go together."

Camellia smiled. "Okay! Let's do this! 3!"

"2!"

Camellia smiled. "1!"

They both leaped off at the same time, Camellia flapping her arms with her feet pointed down while Ophelia dove off headfirst, arms outstretched, an aerodynamic streak entering the water without so much as a splash, only ripples. Camellia on the other-hand, had curled up into a cannon-ball and made an extremely large splash, her aura protecting her from damage. Both re-surfacing, they took each other's hand and raised them triumphantly in the air as they joined the three, who clapped.

Marigold then said, "Come on Stella, go get your soon-to-be-wife."

Laughing, Stella turned and pushed off the rocks, back-stroking a bit until she looked up the cliff wall and called out, "COME ON ORCA! YOUR TURN!"

Orchid, who was laying flat on the floor and peering over the edge said, "Why? But it's so high!" She slowly got into a kneeling position, looking at Stella.

"IT'S REALLY FUN ORCA! TRUST ME ON THIS!"

"YEAH COME ON!"

"Okay okay, hold on!" Orchid scooted backwards before getting up, legs shaking while walking backwards. She then ran forward, but stopped her self right when she was about to jump. "WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING?! GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

"Okay yeah. Stella, let's get back to the cliff."

Orchid looked down the edge of the cliff, nervously swallowing. At least she could look over the edge now. "UMMM... ARE YOU SURE?!"

"YES! YOU CAN DO IT! ORCHID! ORCHID!" The others chanted Orchid's name along.

"AL-ALRIGHT THEN!" Orchid took a step back. She suddenly felt a a burst of confidence. Not wanting to lose that chance, she immediately jumped off and plummeted. "WOAH IT IS FU-" Right then, she hit the water and sank, kicking upwards as Marigold and Stella pulled her up to the sound of everyone cheering. "It is fun!"

"Nice Orchid!"

Stella gave her a kiss on the lips. "Oh wow, I'm so proud of you."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 08:00:20 AM by Asterisk »

Leycil

• Personal Text
    Crew said? Croo said? Crew shade? Crow sahde?
    • View Profile
Re: [OPEN] Once Upon a Time, on a Hot Summer's Day
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 08:07:31 AM »
While everyone was diving down into the waters of the falls of the cliffs. A certain two person group watched just a bit further away from the commotion caused by Orchid jumping down.

Wearing her midnight blue onepiece swimsuit that looks more like a Japanese kindergarden swimsuit but instead of a name label, it had the dangerous looking sigil of Lucillé, who looked nothing like danger when you look into her cute eyes and touch her floofy tail. She stood at the edge of the waters, really nervous that she was shaking up to her weasel tail.

The other was Galileo, who in modesty, wore swimming shorts that had diamond patterns on them. He was wearing reading glasses and it was well worth numbing his hand for a chill on a Semblance made raft, he even put dust into it so it felt cool. He was chillding reading his book, a miniature model of wipeout on the hand rest of his raft. If you look closely you could see white mice actually doing the wipeput. He had let his indigo hair out and no crazy suitcase in sight.

He saw the nervous girl collasped to her knees. He called to her and gave the simple just do it motivational speech before going back to his book, 'The Philosophy of Lhia Sebeouf, award winning actress and comedian.'

Lucillé took her step into the water and falls in, she floated upwards and swam past Galileo, giving him thanks before diving down and headed towards Orchid. She wanted to congragulate her. Good thing weasel tails were at least able to be used in water, she spun in around like a propeller.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:17:04 AM by Leycil »
Colton Joule - Fist of Lightning

Leycil Redlee - The Data Sniper

Lucillé Leyes - The Bladed Dancer

Orion Noon - High Noon Trickshot

Galileo Mephis - Randomness at its finest

Worldbuild: Flake Homestead: ShowHide

Thx to Asterisk's for the amazing banner

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 08:17:13 AM »
Orchid turned around at the splash after her to see the girl break the surface of the water. "Oh my god, hey Lucille! Did you just jump too? You're so brave!"
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 08:29:55 AM by Asterisk »

Leycil

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 08:27:00 AM »
"I-I'm not brave! I-I just had a bit of m-motiviation f-from you and that guy up there," Lucillé said looking dwn very embarrased to be praised infront of so many people.

Just then, a raft was floating down slowly as it had drifted of the waterfall. Galileo flipped to the next page his book while the mice watched the raft float down. Last thing they need was that the raft popped. And it did. Galileo did a few flips, and landed on his feet, standing above the water, a platform made using Shape was beneath his feet.
"No applause?"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:19:45 AM by Leycil »

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 09:41:32 AM »
Cherry started to "talk" Ismael into going into the water with them. Where them refers to, Cherry Rockwell, Carmine Rodwell, and Farco Lione. And "talking" refers to Ismael being forcibly thrown over the cliff by Cherry carrying him and throwing him over. Ismael is wearing a long-sleeved swimming shirt, pants like swimming trunks, a strange black mask over his mouth with weird engravings, and swimming shoe things. As Ismael lands he doesn't land gracefully, but just didn't come up. As Cherry saw that Ismael didn't come up and scream at her she was afraid and instantly jumped off and dived under to find him. Carmine was just as fearful and dived in as well, but instantly came back up because he was unable to find him. Farco in the other hand wasn't worried at all, he didn't think Ismael was weak enough to die by drowning. Ismael came up with Cherry punching him in the arm. Cherry is now wearing his mask, and taking it off revealed that there was a mouth piece on it. She then said, "You are a dick". Ismael responded with a shrug and taking back his mask. He looked around and found a shit ton of people with Marigold, Strelka, Orchid, and Camellia to name a few. Ismael waved towards them as he waited for Farco to jump. As Farco jumped he flailed and fell in, he came up and said, "Wow that is cold". They all laughed at Farco for his outfit: he is wearing a pink Speedo. While cherry is wearing a black bikini with a red rose on her left breast, Carmine is wearing a normal pair of black trunks and they all look to be having a good time.
Ismael Skhaos
The Weird Armory of team INKK (Active)

Cherry Rockwell
The lightning Ace of Team ---- (Not in use for now)

Carmine Rodwell - #960018
The Lone Tiger (Not in use for now)

Farco Lione
The Prince of team ---- (Not in use for now)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 06:10:29 AM »
Wearing a dark grey and cyan swimming shirt along with white swimming shorts that had an electric blue fower motif on the left, Anna arrived at the top of the cliff, having flashed her semblance the whole way due to the unfamiliar terrain. She still didn't really know why'd she had agreed to Orchid's invitation. Sure, she was her team leader, but she was also a friend and that suggestion had certainly not been an order. Flashing her semblance yet a few more time, she realised that Orchid wasn't actually there. Where was she, then? She could faintly hear voices down below, but couldn't single out any of them above the cascade's rush.

Sighing, Anna backtracked a few meters, claiming a good reading spot at the base of a large tree she'd spotted earlier. At least she'd brought one of her waterproof books...
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 02:03:32 AM »
"Wow." Marigold said, looking at all the people that dove down the cliff after them, waving to Ismael.

"So, is this a party now?"

"Wait, holy shit, should I call my my catamaran over and we can have a cliff-diving party? Also, is Astrid in Vale right now? She can join in and DJ!"

"Definitely."

"YES!"

"Oh I am so down."

"A party sounds wonderful, especially with the water and this heat. And yes, Astrid is in town. Would you like to have a party guys?" The last question was addressed to the others.

"Well I mean, I'm going for another round, party or not. Will there be drinks?"

"Yes. I'm not letting people dive while drunk though."

As Stella finished, an airship with her symbol arrived, hovering slightly over the water as a ramp lowered and Strelka climbed up. "Anyone going again?"

Where they are right now: ShowHide
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 02:11:07 AM by Asterisk »

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 02:09:29 AM »
Once Ismael gets his mask on he just sinks and doesn't come back up. Right when Cherry heard the word 'party' she screamed at the top of her lungs, "PARTY!", in a very high pitched and lively voice. While Farco and Carmine both have bet to see who could get to the top first then dive back down. Then they were off to try and rush to the top of the cliff again.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:15:56 AM by Th3King0fChaos »
Ismael Skhaos
The Weird Armory of team INKK (Active)

Cherry Rockwell
The lightning Ace of Team ---- (Not in use for now)

Carmine Rodwell - #960018
The Lone Tiger (Not in use for now)

Farco Lione
The Prince of team ---- (Not in use for now)

Leycil

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 05:48:30 AM »
Galileo laughed at the suggestion.
"A party you say? Why it can't be a party without some balloons right?" Galileo cupped his hands and blue bubbles flew out, then slowly stopped and bunched together like balloons. Some of the mice hitched a ride on the balloons as Galileo made more.

Lucillé obviously did not know what to do, she did not expect a party, she doved into the water and thought to herself what to do before bursting out realizing she has none. She just floated there in wonder when suddenly someone came down the sky. She blinks and sees hot pink hair.
"I immediately received word! I have sent people to have Asterisk brought here and a portable floating stage," Lizzy said quickly before suddenly bursting into the sky to be caught by a helicopter before Lucillé said anything. Lizzy fainted from shock and slowly sunk down into the water.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 07:40:38 PM »
Anna reflexively kocked up her head as the sound of an engine could be heard in the distance. Briefly holding her semblance's second stage, she saw an airship fly in and disappear beyond the cliff. It had the symbol of Orchid's fiance, as well. Not thinking much of it, she dialed her semblance back down, fully immersing herself into her book.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"