Author Topic: Search and Seizure (Closed)  (Read 6108 times)

Asterisk

• View Profile
Search and Seizure (Closed)
« on: September 26, 2016, 11:38:15 PM »
In a large glass high-rise building that was the headquarters of the Vale Department of Investigations, on the 30th floor, there was a glass-walled briefing room with a long elliptical table. 8 seats where located around it, three on each long side and one at each end. The glass doors of the room were open and next to it stood a woman in business casual holding a stack of folders, waiting to hand them to the selected operatives when they arrive.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 11:43:07 PM by Asterisk »

Asterisk

• View Profile
Re: Search and Seizure (Closed)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 11:53:25 PM »
Meanwhile, back in the city.

Ophelia sat at home typing a novel on her laptop when her doorbell rang. Getting up, she answered and smiled to see a middle-aged man in a suit and sunglasses standing at the doorway, a black sedan with a driver in it waiting behind him. "Andrew! What are you doing here? Am I in trouble?"

The man removed his sunglasses, eyebrows raised. "Do you have any reason to be in trouble Meredith?"

Ignoring the question, Ophelia replied, "Come on in! Can I get you anything to drink? Wine? Water?"

"No I'll stay right here, thank you very much. Look, we need your help with a case. Can you- can you take a ride with me to the HQ please?"

"Oh you see, now I think I'm in trouble. Andrew Knox comes knocking at my door asking me to go for a ride?"

"Miss, I've heard that joke way too many times."

"Which one?"

"Look, fine. You have full immunity. Now can you come with us?" As Ophelia looked over Andrew's shoulder, the driver waved at them.

"Sure, but we're not going in that." Reaching over, Ophelia took her keys from a glass bowl next to the doorway table and opens the garage. "Come on, take a ride with me."

"Oh, oh my." Andrew couldn't help but grin with excitement at the sight of the modified exotic car as they walked towards it together. He hesitated right before he got in, looking over the top at Ophelia. "Wait, how did you get this?"

"It was acquired legally. You want to see the invoice?"

"Yes I do."

"Andrew... Come on, seriously?"

"Seriously."

Sighing, Ophelia opened up the passenger compartment and took out a few papers, handing them to him.

"It says here that it was purchased by an Abigail Hunter."

"Yes, and she gave it to me."

"Or, they're the same person under different names. Are these modifications licensed?"

"The paperwork is all under there."

"Hmmm... They don't look forged..." Looking over the pages until his satisfaction he handed the sheets back to Ophelia, who was tapping her finger on the roof of the car. "One last question."

Putting the papers back as Andrew got into the shotgun seat, Ophelia sat in the driver's seat, gave him an annoyed look, and said, "Yes? What now?"

"Can I drive?"

"Do you want to get there faster?"

"Absolutely."

"Then no."

Pushing a button, both doors closed and as Ophelia started up the car, Peter dialed into a walkie-talkie and said, "Henry, meet us back at HQ."

Over the device, the voice said, "Oh sir, you are one lucky man..."

"Yeah, I may not be so sure about that..."

Backing up, Ophelia asked him while smiling again, "Now that I have full immunity, you want to know how the Grasnelke Heist was pulled off?"

"Oh I want to know how all your cases were pulled off."

"Other stories for another day. Whenever you decide to give me immunity of course. Now then, the Grasnelke Heist..."
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 11:58:30 PM by Asterisk »

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 05:05:51 AM »
Camelia had walked straight through the front doors. Instructions had been clear: use your scroll to get where you need to go. Walk in, take the elevator, and someone will be waiting for you when you get out of it. Which she was in the process of doing. Not sure if the woman nearby was the one that was supposed to guide her further into the bowels of the facility, she stepped out and to the side of the elevator, crossing her arms. Even though she was clad in her armour, she somehow still felt intimidated by the building's occupant, the V.D.I. Which she pronounces Vidi, because it's cooler.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 06:42:34 AM »
Revya had been in the Beacon cafeteria eating an early lunch when he got a message on the scroll informing him that he had been selected for a mission. Well that sure is interesting.[/b] with minimal hesitation Revya sent a response accepting the mission and was promptly sent a time and place to be. Revya sent a message to Francis that their plans would need to change before he got up and left with a grin on his face. it's a long drive on straight roads and I'm on an official mission. I can finally test the upgrades I made to Ladybug[/b] Revya was giddy with excitement as he reached the garage and swung a leg over his bike. Revving the engine a couple of times before tearing off towards the location he had been given.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

ArosFarron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 10:22:56 AM »
Liliana looked at the address as she walked through downtown. She was having trouble finding the address and was also getting distracted by people stopping her on the street. Eventually she made it to V.D.I and sighed. "I hope this fame does not get in the way of this. It is my first real mission. Time to go in I guess." She sighed and walked up to the door.
Merletta Yoru: The Shadow Hunter
Liliana Blossom: The Maven of Song (Team REBL)
Lady Blair Valka of Felwinter "The Lady of the North
Alexander Noire

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    The Destroyer of Dreams & Expectations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 10:24:45 AM »
It had been a busy morning for Suntalia. Waking up early to go for a light jog with her brother, Danube, though it was her jogging and her brother sitting under a nearby tree meditating, Suntalia continued her morning by creating some dust bullets for Dynami and Areti. It was during that time that she got a message on her Scroll of a mission for her. Squealing out with delight, Suntalia accepted the mission and, finishing up the bullets she was working on, quickly dressed herself in her combat attire before leaving the room, her weapons holstered and harnessed properly and a small knapsack on her back.

Skipping downtown towards the designated spot, Suntalia continued to hum to herself as she watched cars drive pass her. This'll be fun! I wonder who else will be on the mission? Maybe I know them? Maybe I DON'T know them! Maybe I can make friends! she thought, a myriad of questions popping into her mind as she eventually made her way to the building that was to be the meeting place. Looking back down at her Scroll to see what her instructions should be, Suntalia entered the building. Waving at everyone with a beaming smile on her face, she walked up towards the elevator and pushed the button. Upon entering the elevator, she began to hum to the elevator music that was playing, rocking slightly on her feet to the tune.

Upon exiting the elevator, Suntalia continued to skip as she made her way down the hall towards the room that they were to meet in. Smiling to herself as she found the room, where a lady stood at the doorway of what appeared to be glass doors, she quickly looked over herself to make sure she looked presentable. Despite it looking cumbersome and hard to maneuver in, her orange and yellow outfit was extremely light, allowing air to flow around it easily, and yet was still tough enough to last during a fight. If that wasn't enough to stop people or Grimm from attacking her, she still wore light chainmail underneath that helped give added protection.

Brushing her fingers through her hair and making sure her hairpins were holding her hair up properly, Suntalia reached the room and gave a winsome smile to the lady. "Good morning!" she sang happily, her voice sounding like a bell jingling in the air. "My name is Suntalia Ryker, but you may all call me Talia!" she continued as she looked up at the lady before her. "What your name?" she inquired, noting that a few others had arrived as well for the same mission.
First Year Beacon Student: Rackley Winchester - The Hawkeye Sniper currently Teamless

Second Year Beacon Student: Jett Davenport - The Playful Shadow Knight of Team MLDC (Melodic)

Third Year Beacon Student: Suntalia Lyn Ryker - The Voice of Thunder currently Teamless

Fourth Year Beacon Student: Savas Carnelian - The Quiet Berserker Leader of Team SARK (Stark)

Beacon Professor: Oberon Falcov - The Man With A Plan / Team Strategy Teacher of Beacon

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 03:50:13 AM »
The woman smiled. "Agent Kiara Woods. In a non-professional environment, feel free to just call me Kiara, otherwise please refer to me as Agent Woods. It's a pleasure to meet you Talia." Handing them the top three folders, she continued, "Please find any seat, you'll start once the others arrive."

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 07:40:27 AM »
Noticing the decidedly upbeat girl as she flew by her and headed to the lady who'd just been standing there, Camelia decided to follow suit. Arriving at the glass doors, she asked "Um, excuse me, is this where the..." She checked her scroll for the exact words. "...selected Vidi operatives are supposed to meet?"
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

ArosFarron

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 11:06:42 AM »
Lily finally arrived on the floor for the meeting. She looked around and smiled at the woman who waited for them. "Um...Hello. Is there where we are supposed to meet? I received a letter." She looked down at the floor. She was nervous and anyone else in the room could tell.
Merletta Yoru: The Shadow Hunter
Liliana Blossom: The Maven of Song (Team REBL)
Lady Blair Valka of Felwinter "The Lady of the North
Alexander Noire

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2016, 06:56:42 PM »
Arriving at the building Revya pulled into a parking space at speed skidding in and likely reducing the lifespan of his tires by half in the process.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    The Destroyer of Dreams & Expectations
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 04:23:20 PM »
"Ooooh...Agent" Suntalia said aloud with a hint of wonder in her voice. Taking a folder from Kiara, Suntalia proceeded into the room and took a seat in one of the middle chairs. "Agent Kiara Woods is a little TOO professional, don't ya think?" she asked, letting out a smile to Kiara, a dimple crossing both her cheeks. "I'll have to come up with a new nickname for you by the end of this meeting."

Opening the folder, Suntalia briefly skimmed through it before closing it to look at the others who had arrived. "Hi! My name is Suntalia, but you can call me Talia. What's your name?" she inquired, cocking her head to the side as she glanced back and forth between the two newcomers.
First Year Beacon Student: Rackley Winchester - The Hawkeye Sniper currently Teamless

Second Year Beacon Student: Jett Davenport - The Playful Shadow Knight of Team MLDC (Melodic)

Third Year Beacon Student: Suntalia Lyn Ryker - The Voice of Thunder currently Teamless

Fourth Year Beacon Student: Savas Carnelian - The Quiet Berserker Leader of Team SARK (Stark)

Beacon Professor: Oberon Falcov - The Man With A Plan / Team Strategy Teacher of Beacon

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2016, 12:15:40 AM »
Kiara smiled, "Alright, Talia. I will be expecting a new nickname by the end of your meeting." She walked over to a chair at the corner of the room and sat down.

Meanwhile, Ophelia also arrived, parking a few spots from Revya before they got out.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2016, 06:07:21 AM »
(Wow, love how Camelia and Lily were completely ignored :P)

Camelia walked into the windowed room, unsure about herself - especially since she'd just been almost entirely ignored, something she wasn't used to. As she sat down at the chair closest to the doors, she noticed the small, slim... orange? girl that was already sitting down address her. A beaming smile spread across her face as she happily waved hello to the lass. "Hi! I'm Camelia! Nice to meet you, Talia!" Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted another figure coming towards them that wasn't the agent. Waving another hello, but this time to the pink-haired girl, she spoke up again, a smile still on her face. "Hi! What's your name?"
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2016, 09:20:00 AM »
Revya was stepping off of Ladybug when he noticed an impressive car pulling in a few spots ahead of him Damn. that sure is a nice ride they've got there. Completely forgetting that he was there for a purpose Revya rushed over to admire the car.

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 03:22:47 AM »
Ophelia silently watched Revya with a smile as he perused her car.

Meanwhile, Andrew recognized him. "You must be Revya. One of the participants of the mission?"

The VDI sedan continued on until it found another parking spot further away and parked.