Author Topic: New Students and Temporary Visitors [Open] [Event]  (Read 24183 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
Re: New Students and Temporary Visitors [Open] [Event]
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2016, 11:56:00 PM »
Zabar craned his neck back and put his hands on his hips as he looked up to the ceiling after hearing some commotion behind him. Something about being kicked in the face. "Oh, I'm a member of team Dawn. Dustin, myself even though I don't get the pleasure of having my first initial on the team, Weigela, and Narina." he lowered his head back down and his hands into his pockets. "The other three they couldn't, well, they couldn't be here. 'Course I've been here for... I think three months now. We were supposed to meet up once everyone else arrived, but you know how it goes. Things come up. Plans change. Enough about me, though." He leaned in slightly. "A leader, huh? I could never deal with all that bullshit." He spoke as if he were telling Juno a secret, and just like that, he leaned back in place. "I do excel at eliminating Grimm, though, so they keep me around... You gonna be in the tournament?"
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    The man your man could post like
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2016, 12:38:08 AM »
As Zabar explained that he could never handle leading a team, Juno let out a light chuckle. Leading a team did have its challenges. Most notably that he functioned as both team mom and team dad to a crew of occasionally angsty teenagers. Telling people to constantly clean up their stuff gets old fast. "It's an adventure, I can tell you that." Juno replied, pulling his hands from his pockets as Zabar asked about whether or not he was competing in the tournament.

"Competing? Dude, I'm in all three 1st year divisions." he bragged, a confident grin on his face as he rolled his shoulders. "I'm going to assume I'll see you on the field?"
Juno Varia: The Street Punk

Juno Vert: 1st year student of Beacon, Armored leader of Team VCVS

Phi: #007ba7

Nebu Nekhbet: DUAT unit 01: Desegnation RA

Nebu/Rho: #FFD700

Austin Vartra: TBA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2016, 01:31:44 AM »
"Hm."  Zabar let out a slight laugh. "You're going  to have your work cut out for you." The Shade student sized Juno up. "Won't have much time to explore the festival, will you? Shame. I, on the other hand, will be happily indulging myself in all sorts of treats from the marketplace."  He pulled out a scroll from his pocket. "I told Narina I would document all the Valish foods for her once the festival started." He said the scroll back into his pocket. "But to answer your question, maybe. Never know who you're going to face out there on the field, since it's l randomly chosen. But I will be participating. Who knows, maybe we'll me in the first round or, if we're lucky, the finals."

Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Evilparsnips

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2016, 01:45:22 AM »
"Yngvarr Erikson."He said, glad the girl was making introductions instead of running away or attacking him. "Yeah, I would know a Haven student anywhere. I'be done some traveling recently..." Yngvarr stopped himself before he could say any more. He quickly changed the subject. "So, you taken a look at any of these missions? Any take your fancy?"

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2016, 05:03:35 AM »
Camelia looked even happier - if at all possible - at Malina's response. "I'm Camelia Sol, leader of team CBLT. Don't worry about it - my crew isn't here either, but they're close by, doing this and that. I'm certain your own team is in a similar situation."
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Leycil

• Personal Text
    Crew said? Croo said? Crew shade? Crow sahde?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2016, 07:14:32 AM »
Galileo strolled in, he heard of a little social event happening and decided time to spread his tricks to the other Academies as well. He arrived in a much simpler outfit, but those of the female gender. He tied his hair up in a pony tail, wearing a headband patterned with diamonds in a psycadelic design. He wore a white dress shirt with a blue scarf around his neck tied under the collar. A blue skirt was around his waist and blue strap one shoes with white knee long socks. If anything, Galileo in all angles looks like a girl, even on closer observation except that area.

But his indigo hair stood out along with his briefcase and cane Crux in his right hand. Galileo then walked to the very front, near the stage and set down his briefcase. He then made a card with his Semblance Shape with his hand and threw it into the air, with a snap of his fingers the card explodes into sparkles, hoping to garner attention. Once he did, he begins his magic.
Colton Joule - Fist of Lightning

Leycil Redlee - The Data Sniper

Lucillé Leyes - The Bladed Dancer

Orion Noon - High Noon Trickshot

Galileo Mephis - Randomness at its finest

Worldbuild: Flake Homestead: ShowHide

Thx to Asterisk's for the amazing banner

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2016, 02:21:35 PM »
Mint entered the auditorium full of students, and a feeling of social anxiety washed over her that she hadn't felt since her first day in Vale city. Sure, she loved being around people, but she hadn't imagined this many could ever be in one place at one time. Combined with the fact that everyone around was taller than her and blocked her view of the room, the resulting effect was enough to faze even Mint. She tried to smile and, hands in the pockets of her hoodie, started scanning the room for familiar- or at least friendly- faces.

This endeavor became even harder for her when everyone around started turning their heads to face the front of the room. Eventually, Mint found a bit of the school's plumbing pipeline that she could climb up to, and, hanging from this, surveyed the room. From this angle, it was clear what everyone was looking at- a hooligan on stage putting on a goofy magic show.
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

Leycil

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2016, 05:41:23 PM »
Galileo takes up a piece of black cloth, large enough to cover his whole body and standing atop the briefcase, he twirls and covers himself with it and within a blink of an eye he emerges wearing his more classic signature clothing. As he bows he takes Crux up and uses it to lift up a black bag. He puts a ball inside and sees it doesn't fit if it wasn't obvious enough, he laughs before throwing the ball into the air and the ball goes into the bag without effort.

Galileo then takes off his top hat and draws a deck of cards.

"Who would like to draw a card?" Galileo asked loudly.

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    No such thing as too much enthusiasm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2016, 05:44:49 PM »
When Sherwood was told to report to the auditorium for the inter school event, he hadn't expected it to be so... relaxed. Asides from the proper decorum shown when the Headmaster of Beacon spoke, the large room had turned into a loud buzz of conversations and people shuffling about. Multiple school uniforms were apparent in the crowd, reminding Sherwood that the other schools were visiting. Something about cooperation and mutual learning. He sighed. Students are rarely so mature to work towards such a lofty goal.

...Himself included, he noted to himself. He had no interest in meeting dozens of new students, Beacon or otherwise. What he really wanted to do was meet his team, and get ready for classes. But this would have to do in the meantime. Peeling himself from the back wall of the auditorium, Sherwood wades into the crowd. He puts on a relaxed front, not one of some hooligan who doesn't care about things, but of someone wizened to the world and comfortable the way things are. With any luck, he might stumble on his to be teammates, and kill two birds with one stone.
First year @ Beacon: Sherwood Cathasaigh - Leader of Team ASPN

First year @ Shade: Sona Aurelia - Member of Team VLPS

Head of Archaeology @ Shade Academy:  Dr. Richard Pelle - Graduate of Team RALE

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2016, 06:10:09 PM »
The display made Mint temporarily forget the crowd and get back into her usual enthusiastic self. She eagerly waved her hand at the magician to volunteer herself while rapidly crawling along the pipe towards him with her other hand. When she decided she had probably been noticed (having by now crawled somewhat near the front of the room), she dropped off the pipe, creating a decent-sized gust of wind around her for dramatic effect.

"Right here! I wanna draw a card!"

Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.

Leycil

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2016, 06:26:09 PM »
Galileo sees a girl waving her hand eagerly and watches the girl land infront of him with a gust of wind, holding on to his top hat before it flies. Putting the cards into the hat, he puts it on and gives his head a little shake before the hat rolls into his hand.

"Go ahead, draw," Galileo said with a smile, inside the hat was a pile of messed up cards waiting to be pick.

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    No such thing as too much enthusiasm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2016, 06:51:22 PM »
Sherwood shifts left and right, trying not to be bumped by the crowd as it packs itself around the foot of the stage. His eyebrow raises, mildly curious. Watching whatever was happening certainly sounds more interesting than small talk with random folks. Sherwood looks to the stage itself, now empty of staff members. He makes his way around the sphere of people watching, and climbs the stairs on the right side of the stage. From his vantage point he could see the... magician? The city certainly is strange to have a huntsman magician.

Either way, he could see the magician and his audience participant starting some form of trick. He pulls a piece of straw from a pocket and chews on it idly, watching the show.
First year @ Beacon: Sherwood Cathasaigh - Leader of Team ASPN

First year @ Shade: Sona Aurelia - Member of Team VLPS

Head of Archaeology @ Shade Academy:  Dr. Richard Pelle - Graduate of Team RALE

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2016, 06:56:51 PM »
Sandy had been scanning the area where the majority of the Haven students were when he noticed a sparkle out of the corner of his eye. He turned to look and saw that there was a magic show going on at the front of the room. "what the hell? Well I guess he's doing a great job at the mingling thing."
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2016, 06:59:55 PM »
Mint reached into the hat, slowing her enthusiastic pace somewhat. She touched three different cards before settling upon the one she would pick. Pulling the card out of the hat, she tilted her head and twitched her ears with curiosity. Though this was sure to be a fruitless venture, Mint was still determined to figure out the magician's trick before he even performed it.

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2016, 07:17:05 PM »
Brooke frowns and looks past Yngvarr at the.... spectacle... happening behind him. "Uh, no... No- no I haven't." With a shake of her head and a sigh, she looked back to the boy in front of her. "I was going to just go on a mission with my team, but clearly that's not the goal... So..." She shrugged and looked around her again. "Not like they're here anyway. Oh, what year are you?"

"Yeah, I'm sure." Malina said as she glanced slightly toward the stage. "Didn't take too long for this place to turn upside down, huh? Seems like this shit always happens. You know, I heard one year before the initiation, someone blew a hole in the locker room roof. I really shouldn't be surprised at this point, but hey what are you gonna do, right?" There's no way this girl couldn't tell she was didn't want to be here, right? Malina hated this, she just wanted to go the dorm or to the training arena. "Are you... first year?" She asked the girl, attempting to keep up appearance.