Frostbite [Closed]

(1/8) > >>

Kaliot:
Mahava Plains
Frouri
Town Center
General Vicinity: Townspeople
Immediate Vicinity: Savas Carnelian, Aurelia Caelius

It was the middle of winter and the wicked air clawed at their bare skin with every passing breeze. Still, it was still not as bad as the harshest of Atlesian winters. Fortunately. There were few clouds in the sky leaving room for the noon Sun and its warmth to lay claim. A fresh sheet of snow had blanketed the town during the past night, but it was short-lived in the paths of the townspeople, trampling all over it or brushing it off to the side of walkways; there were a few unmolested patches here and there, but still they owed their lives to temporarily merciful or ignorant children.

Aurelia sat in the outside dining area of what was essentially a cafe, typically used by those who just wanted to watch blacksmiths work or for those waiting for their items to be finished. Chatter and the sound of metal-striking-metal filled the air, and behind that, a background of rocks and pebble rubbing together as people walked down the gravel pathways. She took a sip of her expectedly-cold tea only having ordered it a few minutes ago.

"So, when do you plan on visiting Praetor Rubra?" she said as she was setting down her cup. "I'm sure she's dying to see you. But I wouldn't be surprised if she''s seen you already".

She was proud of that one.

jjb2158:
Despite the reassuring ringing of metal on metal from the blacksmith, the cold air surrounding him, and the familiarity of the building surrounding him, Savas couldn't help but scowl slightly over his folded arms as he sat across the table of the huntress before him. It wasn't the fact that he was home or Aurelia's little remark that had him on alert. No, those weren't the reasons for his mood. It was the fact that he was sitting at a cafe having a drink with a female and the fact that everyone around them might consider them a couple. Not to mention the fact that his companion today was a huntress. And so, as immature and stupid as the reason may be, it was enough to get him slightly on edge.

"Nggrh" he snorted, trying to keep a straight face. "I'll visit her later." Holding back on saying more, since he knew that Praetor Rubra already knew he was here, he simply looked down at his now cold cup of coffee. "What did you want of me?" he finally inquired after a moment of awkward silence. Despite never being on a mission together with her, he knew of Aurelia during his first year in Beacon. At the time of his first meeting with her, he was the hopeful Academy student that wanted nothing more than to learn as much as he could from his peers, including her since they were from the same town. Now, after three years of experience and loss, he was less hopeful and more resolved that he would forever be at war against the cruel world that was before him.

Holding nothing against her request to have him accompany her back to their hometown, Savas simply wanted to get this meeting over with as well as this visit home so that he could get back to Beacon and finish his final year there.

Kaliot:
Aurelia, like usual, was completely oblivious to the 'situation'.

She pouted her lips. She leaned back in her chair, crossed her arms, and then put one hand against her cheek. "I just wanted some company on this long trek, is that too much to ask? Besides, who better to ask then my junior". She sighed and leaned forward back onto the table. "I was contacted by Praetor Caeruleus [Aurelia's Praetor] with a request from Praetor Rubra to bring you here. And you know how she is: had I declined, she would've definitely left to hunt you down. We can't be having that now could we. Besides, it's always nice to visit home every now and again".

jjb2158:
Listening to Aurelia's reply, Savas relaxed slightly. I guess Rubra wants to talk he thought to himself. Picking up his cup of coffee lightly so as to not crush it by accident, he drank some of the contents before placing the cup back down. "Ngggrh...you have a point on that" he remarked, trying his best to not sound too skeptical of her. Despite being on familiar terms with Aurelia, Savas still found it hard to befriend people, whether it was due to his sheer size or because of his desire to not grow close to people any longer. "I guess it would be good to visit home and see everyone" he added, his voice rumbling deeply in his throat.

Shrugging his shoulders to adjust Sandalphon and Metatron on his back, Savas turned his attention briefly to look at Aurelia. Despite not seeing her around all that much after she graduated from Beacon, she still looked the same as before. No matter how much he tried to keep his distance from people, there was something about her that made him want to look up to her and to listen to her like the old days. Doing his best to suppress his feelings, he did his best to keep his composure around his companion, if anything to at least look like he had grown up from the boy he once was that she knew. "And what about you?" he inquired, looking over at the blacksmiths for a moment before switching his gaze back on Aurelia. "Will you be visiting your old roots while here?" Gazing over his horn at her with penetrating olive green eyes, he picked up his cup again and took another drink from it.

Kaliot:
Her eyes met his with the same intensity. "Huh?," Aurelia said, slightly caught off guard. She tilted her head, and one of her free hands balled into a fist and began gently tapping against the table with no clear bear or rhythm. "I...yeah, I guess you could say that. Family, old comrades, old mentors, old friends. You know, the usual suspects". Her hand relaxed to pick up her cup . She finished the rest of her tea, it making a quiet dink as it met against the plate on which it had been served.

Aurelia scooted back her seat and stood up. "Finish up. She's waiting". Aurelia laid some money on the table, enough to cover for the two and just a bit extra. She leaned back against the table, parallel to the walkway, with both her hands atop each other protecting her body from the table, watching the blacksmiths work away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version