Author Topic: An Afternoon Downtown [Closed]  (Read 662 times)

Kaliot

• View Profile
Re: An Afternoon Downtown [Closed]
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 03:06:18 PM »
With nothing more to say, Airi sighed and stood her ground beside Lyra. "Mother, what am I even doing?," she muttered under her breath, only just loud enough for Lyra to hear albeit unintentionally.

It wasn't that Airi didn't have faith in his combat abilities considering his accomplishments during the Vytal Festival, she just didn't have faith in his outlandish pursuits. She turned toward Lyra. "Well, I have no clue where this path is going to bring us so...," Airi turned her head back to Sovereign, "be prepared for anything".
Ask Me Anything!

Spoiler: Characters • show

Sophea Devi Visorith - Beacon Nurse, Gardener, Health Nut, Scholar
Mao Visorith - First-Year Beacon Student, Team SFF[M]
Aurelia Caelius - Beacon Graduate, Huntress, Team [A]URM
Izumi Cremisi - Member of Obsidian Rose, Assassin, Thief, Arcade Enthusiast
Airi Fogden Bicardi - Second-Year Atlas Student, Family Heiress
Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]
Yu Mei - First-Year Haven Student
Suna Arevik - First-Year Shade Student, Scavenger-in-Training, Team S[S]MR
Mara Lev - Mercenary, de facto Leader of Siren

Spoiler: Worldbuilding • show

Mahava Plains - The bastion of Eastern Sanus
Obsidian Rose - Valish Criminal Organization

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    wat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 09:41:51 PM »
With a bright smile on his face, Sovereign seems extremely pleased by the fact that he's free to do what he wants. He's slightly less pleased at getting a chaperone out of Airi, but he can make it work. "Great! Let me melt the guy out of his icy cage and make sure the cops come by to pick him up." Sovereign hurries over to the frozen criminal and quickly melts the ice off of the criminal.

Once the ice melts down - leaving the criminal with a wet suit - Sovereign quickly picks up the criminal by the arm and slams them down to the ground behind him. That should be enough to keep him down until the police comes by. Looking around in the environment he's currently in, Sovereign finds the optimal bystander to call for the police and hold the gangster down.

"Hey, can you guys make sure that the police come by and pick this guy up? Thank you!~" With a grin, Sovereign looks back to Airi and Lyra, giving them a "follow me" gesture before running off into the direction the hideout would be.
Spoiler: White Fang • show

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

Spoiler: Vale • show
First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

First Year, Team ZCFR: Fenix Cerulean - "Stand behind me, I will protect you."

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Spoiler: Atlas • show
Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Spoiler: Mistral • show
Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 06:09:09 PM »
Airi tightened her cap, making sure it wouldn't fall off as a result of her chasing of Sovereign. She turned back to Lyra and gave her a quick nod before following after the vigilante.
Ask Me Anything!

Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]

FunkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2017, 09:58:50 PM »
Lyra still didn't know what to think of this strange man, and she wasn't sure if they should follow him when he asked them to go along with him.  Nonetheless, Lyra saw that Airi seemed quite comfortable with him, or at least sufficiently so.  As a result, Lyra elected to trust Airi and follow along.

Spoiler: Adults • show

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    wat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2017, 12:41:23 AM »
While Sovereign was running, he did peek behind him to see if the two were actually going to follow him. To his surprise, they actually did! However, the thought of Airi following him did make him kind of nervous since he can easily get busted if he messes up while he's on her watch. Regardless, Sovereign sped away so that they have enough time to take down criminals AND get dinner. Preferably without Airi being present because she is a complete downer.

"COMMENCE PLAN A!" Which is essentially no plan since Sovereign just barged in and dive kicked one of the cannon fodder into a wall. Recovering his footing from the dive kick, Sovereign quickly eyed the shmucks around him, deducing that there is currently twenty five people surrounding him, and around twenty three of them are cannon fodder. With a grin, Sovereign knew he can probably deal with the two mercs on his own (but it's not very preferable). Not knowing how much space he had put between himself and his current allies, Sovereign decided to buy a little time and distract some of the poor gangsters by using his wind dust to push all of them back with force.

(OOC: Do you guys wanna do an official combat system or just try to keep it reasonable without worrying about numbers?)
Spoiler: White Fang • show

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

Spoiler: Vale • show
First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

First Year, Team ZCFR: Fenix Cerulean - "Stand behind me, I will protect you."

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Spoiler: Atlas • show
Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Spoiler: Mistral • show
Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2017, 06:04:45 PM »
Airi was running out of stamina but the boy was still going; he was far too energetic for her to handle, though that should've been obvious from the beginning. Finally, he reached the destination. Unfortunately, when he kicked in the door, it was filled to the brim with 'gangsters'. Hopefully his info wasn't bogus or he'd be hurting a lot of sketchy but otherwise innocent people.

By the time she caught up, Sovereign had already (sort-of) initiated combat. Airi reached down toward her waist to grab her rapiers, but they weren't there. "Tch." She stamped her feet against the pavement, thankful that she at least had her greaves. Otherwise, she'd be close to worthless in a skirmish, even against people these people who didn't have as much training as her.

Airi rushed up beside Sovereign and raised her fists in a defensive stance. "I hope you're right about this."
Ask Me Anything!

FunkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2017, 05:22:37 AM »
Lyra was the last to reach the building, and thanks to her rather weak constitution, she was all out out of breath.  Standing just outside the threshold of the door that Sovereign had kicked in, she watched the boy and Airi get to work against the occupants.  At least at the onset, she didn't notice anything particularly threatening about the people inside, so she wondered if Sovereign's intel was correct, significantly doubting him.  Either way, Lyra wasn't in a position to contribute anything, so she kept minimal attention to herself, waiting for aura to be spent so that she could harvest is for her own attacks.

Spoiler: Adults • show