Author Topic: Rightful Retribution [Closed]  (Read 14965 times)

Koop

• Administrator

• Website Owner

• Personal Text
    Hello again!
    • View Profile
Re: Rightful Retribution [Closed]
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2017, 04:38:06 PM »
Recovering from her loss of balance after the injured man collided with her, Kaali stood up straight with her sword still in hand but resting. Her eyes focused with purpose on Cerulean, considering him the primary threat for the moment. "Nowhere in our orders does it say to kill anyone! Who are you to decide who lives and who dies?!" Her grip on her blade tightened as she took a deep breath to calm herself before looking toward the injured one as if checking to see if he'll run or do some fancy wooshy speed attack like before.
Kirkka Scarlet - Beacon Academy Groundskeeper - Dust and SCF Expert - SCF Tuner
Alban Inverno - Headmaster of Beacon Academy
Kaali Charen - First Year at Beacon Academy
Mia Brightspear & Waffle - Beacon Dust Shop Owner, Huntress, Bear Owner, Dust Expert. Also Waffle is a bear.
#d70040 #104e8b #00FF96 #337AB7 #FFD700
Color/Format Scheme: "Talking." Thinking. Doing.

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2017, 09:09:19 AM »
Cerulean grunted as he pushed on Takif to help get fully to his feet. Deal with the threat first. Then debate with the children. With that thought in mind another clone appeared directly next to Riot where hopefully no one would be able to interrupt in time. This time instead of using the blade the clone simply drove the pommel of Takif directly into Riot's head in the hope of knocking him unconscious.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Capta1n_Henry

• Personal Text
    I'll decide your fate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2017, 06:28:55 AM »
As Mae softened her fall with her aura, she noticed that the one actual hunter in the group was still trying to harm Riot for seemingly no apparent reason. Hoping that she could try to slow Cerulean down again, she loaded up her normal canister and took a short breath in before firing a bolt at the clone's head.

Ordelis

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2017, 07:52:07 AM »
Though the dark man watched over Cerulean he didn't see the clone coming as it went to stun him over the head. He probably would've been hit but was instead showered in a burst of broken glass for the second time as Mae's bolt destroyed the clone.  "That's getting real old" the dark man said as he moved to cover his face with his arm.
"So I guess the answer to my question is both" the dark man said with interest as he looked between Cerulean, Kaali, and Mae, his gaze returning to Cerulean in case another attack came.
"And to answer your question helmet" he continued indicating Vahn's question, "I would hide it but I'm guessing it's not a coincidence a team came out here and started attacking random people.

Tribune Riot, the monster who slaughtered an innocent little village and seeks to continue his rampage, in the flesh"
he said with a sarcastic mocking tone. "So what's the order assassination? Scout? Arrest? Really if you could just continue patching me up that would..." he paused mid sentence. Off in the distance Grimm could be seen but they weren't going for them, rather they were running in the direction the team was originally headed, Hadaya, as if something was attracting them. Riot suddenly took on an expression of panic and confusion, without another word he started running back in the direction he came from, in the direction of Hadaya.
Solar Rasie "What's this thing? What does it do? Can I play with it!?"
https://i.imgur.com/161JzXc.png

Ribeiro Ispecs
"Can I see the color of your blood? Please?"

Vahn

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2017, 04:05:53 PM »
Vahn notice the look of shock in his face before he started running.  Seeing him run to the direction of Hadaya, he remembers that Riot and the slayed Grimm originally came from that direction, causing him to worry about the status of the village and its people.  Vahn starts to follow Riot as fast as he can, trying to get beside him. "For someone who is wanted for slaughtering people, you seem more worried about Grimm going to a village full of innocent people than yourself.  Unless you know something that's worth making the hole in your stomach worse." 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 04:16:22 PM by Vahn »
Freelancer: Vahn Crimson ~ Wannabe Hunter, Grimm researcher, Protector

Koop

• Administrator

• Website Owner

• Personal Text
    Hello again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2017, 03:23:52 AM »
Kaali was about to reply to his request for bandages but was interrupted when Riot took off running, or something that resembled running considering his current state. Spotting the grimm heading toward the town, and watching Vahn take off after the critically injured Riot, Kaali turned and fixated on Cerulean. Her guard was fully up and her semblance was steady and active, but her blade still remained at her side instead of in front of her. "There appears to be a higher priority than slaughtering an injured human. Agreed?" Her face showed a fair bit of resolve, but it was evident that she was nervous, perhaps a little scared. She knew the person in front of her was a full-fledged huntsman. She knew that a direct fight him would be brutally hard. But she kept her straight face as best she could as she pushed the fear to the back of her mind. The Grimm were the priority. They're always the priority.
Mia Brightspear & Waffle - Beacon Dust Shop Owner, Huntress, Bear Owner, Dust Expert. Also Waffle is a bear.

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2017, 09:53:59 AM »
Well that's certainly interesting. Cerulean thought as Riot reacted to the goings on around him. That sure didn't sound like the man he had been expecting from the reports. Then something else caught his attention. Grimm heading towards.... the town? Then at the very least there were survivors remaining. In enough pain to overwrite Riot's presence and the probably muddled emotions Kaali seemed to be feeling. Act now. Justify later. Cerulean pulled Takif from the ground and twirled it into a position behind him where he could run without it getting in his way before taking off without bothering to respond to Kaali's question. With any luck she wouldn't be stupid enough to attack him as he made to follow Riot and Vahn towards the village.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Capta1n_Henry

• Personal Text
    I'll decide your fate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2017, 10:32:23 AM »
A look of confusion cast over Mae's face as the 3 males ran off towards the village. Why would Riot, the one who presumably slaughtered towns, running back to one about to be infested by Grimm? The faunus sheathed her crossbow and looked at Kaali with the same confused look, before taking off towards the town, following the 3 warriors.

Ordelis

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2017, 01:24:43 PM »
Run, that's all Riot did as he moved his legs. Every breathe was agony, sweat drenched off his skin as his strength was at his limit from his forced activity. A fire burned in his lungs as his body told him to stop but something was still keeping him going. The team that followed him easily caught up to his slow pace, Riot himself ignored Rory's question as he was more focused on getting to his destination, and could barely spare the breathe to run let alone talk.

The group came to a hilltop that overlooked a fairly large village with a sturdy wooden wall, tall towers stood spaced out behind the wall presumably acting as a guard. The sound of battle could be heard from within the walls, small Grimm were pouring into a hole in the wall that the monsters presumably made. It was obvious from the outside where the source of the Grimm were coming from but if the Grimm were scattered enough it would be hard for the ones fighting inside to know.

"Fie..." was the only thing he said as Riot ran for the breach in the wall knocking away any Grimm that were in his way. Twice he had to use his explosive wind maneuver to get around them and one more time to enter through the hole in the wall.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 04:31:36 PM by Ordelis »

Ribeiro Ispecs

Vahn

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2017, 12:07:32 AM »
Vahn watches as Riot goes in the wall, unable to follow because of his concern with the Grimm continuing to enter the village.  Vahn quickly turns to the others, point to the Grimm's entrance and try his best to keep his plan short. "I don't know about you guys but I say we forget about Riot for now, get in there and patch that hole as best as we can.  We should cut a path in there together and split the team in half once we're through.  One pair deals with any Grimm inside while the other tries to fix that hole, then join the fight."  Pulls out an Earth dust canister from his belt as well as his Six Crimson.  "If no one has any better ideas, I'll help close up the breach.

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2017, 01:09:01 AM »
Cerulean followed Riot's lead and rather than pause to deliberate simply continued running for the wall. Seeing the hole he did however come up with a plan similar to Vahn's. He couldn't do much in order to repair the wall but he was fully intending to ensure no further Grimm made it into the town. He ran straight into the onslaught with Takif held like a lance creating an area in front of his charge that would slice in half anything in his way until he reached the wall.

Capta1n_Henry

• Personal Text
    I'll decide your fate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2017, 08:30:26 PM »
Mae ran behind the men, staying closer to Kaali as they came to the wall which granted the grimm entry into the village. The faunus loaded her regular bolts and started to shoot the monsters that came near the charging Cerulean, covering him as he ran to the wall. I'm running out of ammo... she thought as she kept firing bolts at the Grimm invaders.

Koop

• Administrator

• Website Owner

• Personal Text
    Hello again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2017, 02:12:23 AM »
Kaali had followed the rest of her team to the walled village. The damage to the wall was quite severe, but the whole could serve as a nice bottleneck as long as they could get the other side under control. Stepping forward, Kaali addressed Vahn and Mae while she examined the village wall. When she discovered an easy spot to get over it. she pointed it out. "From the sounds of it, we need to help inside the wall too. We can use that hole as a bottleneck if we can clear out the ones inside. The three of us should get in there and do that. We can let Cerulean and Riot handle the incoming ones. They're both frustrating to talk to but they seem capable, despite injuries. We can get in over there. Its a long jump but the hill rises up near the wall there. The high ground will benefit your ranged weapons, too."

Sheathing her weapon due to the lack of immediate danger, she began moving toward the wall and getting ready to leap across. The jump was long, but she knew she could make it. The question was whether the other two could, should they come with. As she thought, with the help of her semblance she made the jump on top of the wall easily and turned around ready to try and catch the others if they needed help.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 02:16:30 AM by Koop »

Ordelis

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2017, 09:50:15 AM »
The combined efforts of Mae, Cerulean, and Vahn effortlessly held off the swarm of luckily only small Grimm mostly consisting of adolescent Beowulf, Creeps, and the occasional Boarbatusk. Mae and Vahn casually blasting down the Grimm like targets on the range while Cerulean a fully fledged Hunter twirled, spun, and impaled his weapon as anything foolish enough to get close to him vanished into a haze of ash. From the numbers the swarm was going to continue for a bit, though three was more then enough to hold it off.

Kaali who had a good vantage point, stood atop the wall right next to a wooden guard tower that at a glance looked to be empty. From where she stood she could see the situation in the town, small Grimm were rampaging around causing havoc, but the defenders of the village carrying ordinary weapons consisting of swords, and rifles were already in combat with them. Possessing no real great skill over the weak Grimm they were evenly matched, the advantage the village had was that it made its strength in numbers. Looks like the group got here before the situation got out of hand. Throughout the village people could be seen moving about through the alleys and streets not in panic but as if looking for something, their direction was headed for the wall presumably looking for the breach.
A King Taijitu however gave the villagers some trouble, its speed outmatched their bladed weapons and its dust weapons proved ineffective against its defense.

Kaali looking down from her spot on the wall, Riot could be seen collapsed against a wall nearby the breach, his fatal wound finally catching up him bringing him to his limit. While the flow of Grimm was stopped, he was still at the source of where they came from, and predators always knew when it came to knowing when a prey was on its last legs. A group of five creeps could be seen sprinting down the road toward him, honing in on their prey.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 09:56:05 AM by Ordelis »

Ribeiro Ispecs

Vahn

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2017, 03:07:37 PM »
Once they free up enough space between the wall and the swarm, Vahn opens his container of earth dust and drops it right on top of the breach.  Hoping it can at least hold them off for a moment before turning to see Riot being surrounded and the King Taijitu rampaging.  He aims his revolver at the giant snake but is greeted with a click. "I'm out!"

Cursing under his breath and grabbing another container of dust from his belt, he points to the creeps.  "Someone needs to get Riot!  I'm taking on King Snake over there."  Inserting the dust into his armor the same way he did when they first encountered Riot, his claws and legs are surrounded by electricity. He shoots off towards the Taijitu and goes for a slash towards the back of it's head.