Author Topic: Rightful Retribution [Closed]  (Read 14981 times)

Ordelis

• View Profile
Rightful Retribution [Closed]
« on: August 10, 2017, 06:05:18 PM »
WANTED
Tribune Riot
Former huntsman gone rogue
Accused of single-handedly destroying the village of Patz and letting Grimm prey on the survivors
Formerly believed to be deceased until he was reported last seen outside the village of Hadaya

This is a search mission, the objective is to confirm or deny any sightings of Riot first hand.
Riot is considered extremely dangerous and is not to be directly confronted with. Should you confirm Riot's general location hide or run away immediately to report.

Riot is recognizable by his white hair, a burn scar marked on the left side of his face, generally dark clothing, and an ornately decorated black and gold rifle with a chained knife on the stock.

Upon disembarking the Bullhead, you will take the path to Hadaya and search the forest for any sign of Riot as you make your way towards the village, the possibility of Riot hiding in the village is also not unlikely.

The roaring engine of the Bullhead calmed down to a gentle hover as it descended on an open clearing on the outskirts of an unnamed forest. The side door opens and lets down its four huntsmen and huntress;Mae Tulimanu, Cerulean Steel, Vahn Crimson, and Kaali Charen .While the forest was difficult to navigate without any real landmarks, a single well worn road lead to the path inside.

Solar Rasie "What's this thing? What does it do? Can I play with it!?"
https://i.imgur.com/161JzXc.png

Ribeiro Ispecs
"Can I see the color of your blood? Please?"

Vahn

• View Profile
Re: Rightful Retribution [Closed]
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 09:34:07 PM »
After reviewing the mission detail over and over again, Vahn still finds himself confused and a little disgusted that a former huntsman could have done these kinds of things.  As he walk on the trail, he couldn't help but wonder if it was true and if his parents was doing the same thing right now.  He lets out a deep sigh and shake the thoughts out of his head, then looks at the other members of this search party.

"So... How are we going to tackle this?", He asked. "I know we're searching for this Riot guy... but do you think there's a chance anyone is still alive in Hadaya?  We might be able to save some people while we search..."
Freelancer: Vahn Crimson ~ Wannabe Hunter, Grimm researcher, Protector

Koop

• Administrator

• Website Owner

• Personal Text
    Hello again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 02:50:55 AM »
Kaali was just a few feet away from Vahn when she drew her sword quickly before checking it over for the last time and sheathing it. Satisfied, she calmly stepped closer to the front of the group as she answered Vahn.

"I thought that Hadaya hadn't be attacked yet? At least that we know of. We should make our way there first and see if anything is wrong. If he's here he is probably in town or at least will be in town eventually." She paused slightly, turning her gaze from the road heading into town to looking between both Vahn and Cerulean Steel. "But, that's just my opinion. I would defer to you two, considering your status over mine."

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 03:21:43 AM by Koop »
Kirkka Scarlet - Beacon Academy Groundskeeper - Dust and SCF Expert - SCF Tuner
Alban Inverno - Headmaster of Beacon Academy
Kaali Charen - First Year at Beacon Academy
Mia Brightspear & Waffle - Beacon Dust Shop Owner, Huntress, Bear Owner, Dust Expert. Also Waffle is a bear.
#d70040 #104e8b #00FF96 #337AB7 #FFD700
Color/Format Scheme: "Talking." Thinking. Doing.

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 09:34:44 AM »
Cerulean has been walking along with his blades already drawn and ready for any moment. "You're right. He hasn't attacked yet and we don't know the situation in town. He might have endeared himself to them in which case they will cause us trouble. If that is the case or not we have to consider the fact that he will likely use the townsfolk as leverage against us. If we identify his location without being discovered it would be best so that we can get everyone away before we do anything else. Our best cause of action would be to separate and search the town individually. that way we can cover more ground faster and hopefully draw less attention to ourselves."
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Capta1n_Henry

• Personal Text
    I'll decide your fate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 11:48:41 AM »
Mae walked with the group with her crossbow ready, checking the trees for any activity. She then started to check her gear and made sure that she had everything. After hearing Cerulean speak, she decided to chime in and say "Or, that's what he wants us to do, and we all walk into a trap. Maybe pairs of two would work better just in case we got ambushed? He is an ex-hunter after all, he would probably know a good number of our tactics. But, I'm just a first year after all."

Vahn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 12:40:24 PM »
Vahn slowly rise his hand, "I agree to that plan.  I'm new to this kind of job but I'd rather have someone watching my back before going to a bad situation.  Two heads and all that."   Vahn calmly continues walking with his coat on, concealing his equipment underneath.  He stretch his arms above his head and keeps a relaxed appearance compared to the others, but keeps an eye on the forest for anything.

Ordelis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 12:56:14 PM »
There was still a fair bit of ground the team had to walk before reaching Hadaya. The forest they walked in had a dense overhang of trees that blocked out the sun making it dark, considering the time of day it was. Light still shone through the leaves but at night no doubt it would be pitch black. There were no vines or bushes making the land relatively flat and barren aside from the grass. The team could see out as far as their eyesight would allow them, which at the moment turned out to be nothing but the trees. There was nothing as far as they could see, if anyone wanted to hide in here it would be behind a tree or up it. But an easy look around showed the team they were the only living things there.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 04:42:17 PM by Ordelis »

Ribeiro Ispecs

Koop

• Administrator

• Website Owner

• Personal Text
    Hello again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 01:13:43 AM »
"There's plenty of ground to cover before we get to town. Let's strategize on the way." Kaali spoke firmly as she began walking in the direction of the town. She wondered why they were deposited so far from town. It probably isn't uncommon to have huntsmen come into town, and the town itself probably has some or at least some decent fighters. Still, she didn't let her thoughts distract her as she kept her focus on her surroundings and looking for danger. Her hand rested on the hilt of her sheathed blade, the illuminated veins on the scabbard glowing a faint yellow.
Mia Brightspear & Waffle - Beacon Dust Shop Owner, Huntress, Bear Owner, Dust Expert. Also Waffle is a bear.

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 11:22:33 PM »
Cerulean let out a frustrated sigh as his plan was shot down and an admittedly safer plan was put on the table. So much for getting to work solo for a bit. Damn. "Alright then. groups of 2 then. I think our best bet for usage of our time would be to go over our abilities and figure out who will work best with who."
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Capta1n_Henry

• Personal Text
    I'll decide your fate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 12:35:30 AM »
Mae spoke in a gentle voice and said, "Right. Well, I use a crossbow and a small knife to defend myself from my enemies. My crossbow has 4 clips, each with a different type of ammo. I've got a regular one, a fire one, an ice one, and an electric one. I can also jump pretty high too, which allows me exploit some enemies that are in cover. I can't jump more than two times though, or else I get over-exhausted. My eye sight is pretty good too, if you couldn't already tell just by looking at me.

Vahn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 02:27:50 AM »
Vahn smirks at the idea of sharing what they got.  He lifts one of his sleeves to reveal the red armor underneath and starts to knock on it with his fist.  He then presses a button on the bottom of his palm and a set of three claws pops out of his forearm. "As you can tell, I'm more of an "up-close and personal" kind of guy."  He puts them away and pulls out his revolver, swinging it with his finger. "I also have this, if that fails.  Six shots and a barrel that allows it to shoot any kind of dust for one shot at a time.  If you're in need of cover, my semblance will do the job.  I can put up a protective barrier for you guys or trap this Riot with it"
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 02:30:56 AM by Vahn »

Koop

• Administrator

• Website Owner

• Personal Text
    Hello again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2017, 01:56:54 PM »
"I don't really have much to help you all out aside from cutting down the enemy." Kaali spoke meekly as she thought about the various explanations given. As they walked, she continued, "I suppose I would specialize in fighting the big bads of a pack. I like going to the boss right away." She focused her attention on her new temporarily allies as she gave them another look over, combining their explanations of abilities and skills with their appearances.

Ordelis

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 07:09:11 PM »
A noise was heard by those with keen hearing...a clinking sound...metal bouncing around...rustling...footsteps...running...someone was definitely running. The perceptive ones could see him? her? a dark figure too dark to tell from the shade was running from the direction the team was headed in. But whoever it was they weren't running towards the team rather a direction parallel to them, at this rate he/ she was going to run right past them without noticing them. What they were running from became apparently obvious. A pair of Griffon Grimm of average size darting through the trees flapping their wings for a boost of speed, screeching through the air as they hunted down their prey, dodging trees and screeching as the mysterious figure would zigzag between them hoping to put more distance between them with mixed results.

Ribeiro Ispecs

Capta1n_Henry

• Personal Text
    I'll decide your fate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2017, 08:15:34 PM »
Contact! Griffons! Mae said as she jumped onto a high up tree branch. She loaded her frost bolts and started firing at one of the griffons chasing the figure, hoping to slow it down.

Koop

• Administrator

• Website Owner

• Personal Text
    Hello again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2017, 02:29:55 AM »
Kaali drew her Better Half immediately and broke into a run down the road. A moment after, her body began to radiate jade lightning and her pace increased. The combination of the open path she was on with her enhanced speed means she should be able to get ahead of the pair of griffins and hopefully the person fleeing. If she can, she will signal the person to come toward her so she can cut some Griffins up. That's the plan, anyway. The road was looking pretty clear so far, but those griffins were moving quite fast, considering how much the trees were probably slowing them down.