Author Topic: A Voyage Home (Closed)  (Read 10257 times)

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Re: A Voyage Home (Closed)
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 09:49:05 AM »
After Acero's words Sandy turned to give a response only to find that he had already walked off to other bussiness. The airship's arrival drew Sandy's attention however and he got to his feet and stepped on board.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 11:27:42 AM »
As the others started to board the airship Diana stood alone desperately trying to wrap her head around everything that had just happened. She had been chatting with Sandy and Saffron when the mood had changed in an instant and they had left. She was going to follow them but then Blair had come over, and at some point another guy in a suit had joined them. Starting with the easiest one the new guy was wearing a lighter suit than Anton, the sorta thing that officials in Atlas often wore, and as he was older and had no baggage so he was probably the pilot or something.

She picked up her backpack and started to make her way onto the airship, going over what had just happened with Blair. It hadn't been much really, Blair had just been rather friendly, and honestly it had been kinda nice. Yet that she felt the need to apologize made Diana think that she had missed something. Still she gave a quick smile towards Blair when she saw her on the flight.

Lastly there was Saffron, worried that she had said something wrong she felt the need to go over and apologize to her, but with no idea what she had done that would just make things worse. Heading over to the corner of the ship that seemed the most out of everyone's way she sat down alone and kept going over and over their short conversation.

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

Capta1n_Henry

• Personal Text
    I'll decide your fate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2017, 09:54:37 PM »
As Acero heard Blair's words, he shrugged and sighed under his helmet before walking over and getting into the ship, sitting down with his sword planted on the floor between his legs.

ArosFarron

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2017, 06:38:45 AM »
As everyone boarded the shuttle, Blair gave one last look at Beacon, at least for a while. She buckled up as the ship took off. After a couple hours, the group landed in Atlas and were greeted by a person covered in armor similar to Blair's. It was clear that, while those who knew Felwinter was a village of Faunus, most people did not look at a person standing in full armor with a group of horses as anything out of the ordinary.

Blair waited for everyone to leave the ship before she placed her helmet on. After greeting her fellow member, She mounted her horse and signaled for everyone else to. Lifting the visor and face plate of her helmet to speak to the others while still hiding her Faunus details. "We'll be on horse back for a couple days. I'll let you all know when we will stop for camp. We have set camping spots out. Once we leave the safety of this city, we will need to be on guard until we reach the base of the mountain. Pick a horse and we will start out journey." She exclaimed, almost leader-like. The only other person to climb out of the shuttle after Blair was Erikson.
Merletta Yoru: The Shadow Hunter
Liliana Blossom: The Maven of Song (Team REBL)
Lady Blair Valka of Felwinter "The Lady of the North
Alexander Noire

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2017, 04:48:36 AM »
Saffron adored flying. Spending a few hours looking wide eyed out of the cockpit window was exactly what the faunus needed as they soared above the clouds undisturbed for a few hours. After they landed Saffron had to actively work to wipe her stupid grin off her face and come out looking at least half the senior huntress student she was. Being one of the last to leave the plane Saffron quickly checked over the craft to make sure no one left anything behind and they had taken everything they would need for the ride. Ride? Horses? Saffron thought to herself. Not exactly the arctic travel she was used to but luckily her father had taught her how to ride in an expedition in Mistral.

Content to let Blair take command Saffron decided to make sure everyone was at least half competent at horse riding. Not only would this ensure that they get going as quickly as possible it also keeps up Saffron's good mood. Harnessing her weapons, dust and supplies to one of the horses the atlas student then asked. 'Anyone have issues with horse riding? Worse case scenario we can ride double. And Blair how durable are the snowshoes? I assume they have snowshoes, figured they would have already sunk into snow with only normal horseshoes.'
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

Dusty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2017, 04:56:32 PM »
Anton had taken the time during the flight to slip into something warmer, not being particularly interested in observing the view, swapping his suit jacket for a sweater and a heavier overcoat, and adding a pair of woollen gloves and a thick hat for good measure. He certainly wasn't regretting his choice as he stepped down from the vehicle. Though Atlas born he may have been, he certainly could not say that the cold had never bothered him. It was a tiny part of why he'd opted to study at Beacon; the more temperate climate suited him far better than Atlas ever did.

One thing Anton did regret, however, was the horses. They certainly were not mentioned beforehand. He stepped over to one tenderly as the others busied themselves with their luggage and conversation, and gently held his hand out towards it, flinching back slightly as the animal butted his hand with its head before acquiescing to the touch. Anton slowly petted the horse as he stepped around it to secure his luggage as Saffron had done.

"As it happens, I've never encountered a horse before today. There was never much of an interest in equine events in my household back in Atlas, so I apologise if I end up slowing us down", Anton calmly responded to Saffron's inquiry. Well, it appeared calm, though someone with a sharper eye could notice his hand moved a touch more aggressively along the horse's head as he maintained his petting. It rankled Anton that he was a liability at such an early stage in the journey, even though he could never have expected to be required to know how to ride an animal of any kind.

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2017, 10:32:12 AM »
Sandy had spent the majority of the flight into Atlas catching up on sleep. He always got excited and couldn't sleep the night before a mission so the sleep was much needed. However as the ship approached Atlas Sandy had, much like Anton, decided to change into his warmer clothing. This warmer clothing consisted of solid black thermals, his old tunic and slacks along with a pure white coat with gray fur lining. Despite the warmer clothes the moment he stepped off the aircraft his arms went to his shoulders and he started shivering. "Jeez. And I thought a Valish morning was cold." Then he saw the horses and heard the conversation. "I think I read about horses in a book once. That's about all I know about them. Do I have to ride one though? I should be able to keep up by swinging so long as I have something to swing off."
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2017, 10:56:39 PM »
Saffron gritted her teeth slightly as it seemed like almost no one else knew how to ride. Always forward. the Atlas mantra which had been beaten into her throughout three years of tough fighting rang through her mind and so she did just that. Putting on a brave smile Saffron turned back to the group and gestured for Anton and Sandy to come closer. 'We probably won't have you riding in the first day but you should get used to these creatures. They are intelligent and can tell if you are scared of them so just come over and give this one a few strokes. Like I said I'm more than happy to ride double with someone and maybe Blair will take the other. We can swap horses half way through to spread the weight around or it might be best to load up one horse with all our dust and other heavy luggage.' Saffron remarked trying her best to instil a sense of confidence in the rest of the party. It is better that people came forward now but Saffron couldn't help thinking that their mission was off to a rocky start.

Another advantage of the Atlas style organisation I suppose. Saffron thought to herself knowing that the last thing they needed was a debate on the positives and negatives of Atlas's militarisation. It wasn't that more students at Atlas rode, if anything less did, but the school did keep a large database of which skills each student was qualified in making these mission more... er ... smooth.

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2017, 12:24:03 AM »
Diana's mood had lifted greatly from being back in the Atlas climate, from being home, it was also the first thing to distract her from her internal beratement. Like the others she had dressed on the airship, however her clothes seemed to be a bit bulkier than most of the others. Not unwieldy, just not as elegant in its design, certainly nothing compared to Saffron's Sari. The fact of the matter was that the Farrans simply couldn't afford dust heated clothing, with one exception. As Diana stepped outside she took out a single red crystal that she attached to her choker, it wasn't much, but it meant that it wouldn't feel like her lungs were freezing.

Although she wasnt particularly pleased to ride to Felwinter she had at least ridden once before, it wasn't enough that she felt confident, but she wanted to stay in the background and as such said nothing. Going over to the smallest of the remaining horses she slowly approached it and carefully pet it. After a short while she stopped petting it and planted her hand on the animal, she closed her eyes and stood entirely still for a good ten seconds. Anyone paying attention to her would notice her aura fade in and out as she stood there. 

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

Capta1n_Henry

• Personal Text
    I'll decide your fate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2017, 02:39:55 PM »
The Atlas cold didn't bother Acero at all as he got up on his horse, rubbing its neck with his human arm. He vaguely remembered that his parents put him in a horse riding class for a couple of years, though it was when he was pretty young. The cyborg took off his helmet for a few moments to re-embrace the Atlas cold, making him chuckle a little before putting his helmet back on.

Acero had never ridden a horse anywhere outside of the city of Atlas before so he thought it would be a fun experience as he gave his stead a few head rubs, patiently awaiting for the party to move out.

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2017, 12:21:04 PM »
At Saffron's request Sandy happily strode over to the horse and confidently stuck out his hand to stroke the horses head. Feeling the warmth he immediately reversed his opinion on not wanting to ride one. "ohhh. It's nice and warm. Ok I am absolutely on board with riding double with someone."

ArosFarron

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2017, 07:02:05 AM »
As Blair watched the rest of the group board the horses, a small smile came across her face. There was no time for that now. "After we ride for 4 hours, we'll take a small break. I'll keep focused on the trip, you all just enjoy your ride and mingle." Blair wanted to talk with them but her mind kept focusing back on her home.
Merletta Yoru: The Shadow Hunter
Liliana Blossom: The Maven of Song (Team REBL)
Lady Blair Valka of Felwinter "The Lady of the North
Alexander Noire

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2017, 08:49:32 PM »
Saffron was a little bummed out that Blair ignored her suggestion, quills bristling slightly . Horse ridding although not the most difficult task they would probably be asked to do on this trip did set the mood for the rest of the mission. Seeing that Sandy seemed to most confident she helped the Vacuoian boy mount up first and tie his horses reins to her saddle. 'We'll just get you comfortable with sitting astride the horse for now Sandy, it can be quite hard on your legs the first time you do it. We might get you riding by yourself during the break if you feel comfortable. Same with you Anton but it seems you sill be stuck with me for the first bit. Saffron remarked to the two younger boys while helping Anton mount up on her horse. Saffron had selected the second largest horse, leaving the largest for the metallic cyborg, because it would need to carry two of them across the frozen waste land.

With the two novice horse riders sorted Saffron turned her attention to the rest of the party. The cyborg had already mounted up and looked ready to go while Diana was still standing beside her mount, the younger girls mood seemed to have lifted somewhat but seeing someone so wrapped in clothes caused Saffron's mothering instincts to override any perceived slight. Giving the boys some time to get comfortable in the saddle the Atlas student made her way over to Diana and offered a few small heat packs. 'You make me feel freezing just looking at you dear,' Saffron began with a wide smile, ignoring that she in fact was wearing far less clothes. 'Put a couple of these in your pockets, not on the skin directly, and they will have you warmed up in no time. Can't have you locked down under so much weight if the grimm attack.' Saffron continued giving Diana a small pat on the should before walking back to check on the rest of the party.

Seeing little else for her to do Saffron hitched any remaining luggage to their respective horses then made her way back to her horse and Anton. Leap up in a single smooth motion Saffron nestled herself comfortably behind Anton, grasping the reigns tight as the horse shifted under the new weight. 'Us three will be the slowest.' Saffron remarked, gesturing at herself and the two younger boys. 'So perhaps we should take point, make sure you don't leave us behind.' Saffron jokes as she leads her mini-caravan off into the direction of the village at a reasonable pace. This mode should provide a relatively balanced motion with a little movement from the riders as possible to give the boys as much confidence so they could move up to a full gallop later.

'So...' Saffron began as they had all started riding off. 'Because we are probably going to take the brunt of any Grimm attack as we can't move at higher speeds we should probably get an idea of how everyone fights.' Saffron continued as she took on of her hatchets off her harness and gave it a twirl twice, first in front of her for Anton to see and secondly behind for Sandy and the rest of the party. 'Hatchet, shotgun and boomerang. So they are most effective at close quarters. OK at range but I might need so help if I can't get to grip with whatever we fight quick enough. What about you guys?' Saffron asked as much to the entire party as the boys she was directly around.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 07:16:46 AM by Kingnoname1 »

Dusty

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2017, 11:17:28 AM »
Spoiler: ShowHide
My bad for taking so long to respond to this, but we all know how midterms and Christmas can be. Some things just couldn't be avoided. Sorry

"I will try not to be disappointed by this Saffron, truly I will", Anton sarcastically grinned as she helped him mount her chosen animal. Indeed there were worse ways to go up a mountain than this; better too, though Anton preferred not to think of those lest his distaste for the situation grows too apparent. Better to maintain civility than promote hostility, or something to that effect anyway.

Taking the time Saffron spent talking to Diana to find a comfortable way to keep his cane close to hand that also afforded some semblance of balance, Anton almost slipped off of the horse in surprise when Saffron hopped up behind him. Humming in response to the girl's idea for them to take point, Anton chose to close his eyes temporarily and just get used to the motion of a horse underneath him, only opening them when he felt Saffron draw and display her weapon for him and the others.

When she finished, he lifted his sceptre up and out to the side for all to see, before offering it to Saffron if she cared for a closer look. "I am a dust caster preferentially, though I can enter close combat if necessary. Under ideal circumstances, I'll stick to the sides of an engagement and support as required""

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2017, 04:12:09 AM »
Sandy mounted up as cooperatively as possible then shifted around in the saddle while he waited for Saffron to mount up with Anton "sounds like a plan to me. We'll see how I go." Once they started moving Sandy seemed to grimace with every step. Something about this just felt so unnatural. fortunately he was quickly distracted by the conversation starting.

Sandy waved his arms in the air hoping that Saffron could see the bracers and grappling hooks attached to them. Almost falling off the horse as he did so. before quickly snapping back to a more stable position right before he fell. "My main method of attack is punching stuff. But I also swing around on these things and I can take one hell of a whalloping. so I typically try to be as much of a pain to the enemy as possible so they attack me instead of my allies. Oh! I also have dust grenades but I reckon they aren't the best Idea to use around here."