Author Topic: First Year 2v2 Match - Round 1: Lucina/Isabelle V Fallow/Kushii[Limited: 4/8]  (Read 17110 times)

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
Getting ready to take a foot to the face, Isabelle was soon saved by a flying saw that slammed into her opponent, knocking him out of the way. Believing that he was far enough, she took the opportunity to sheath her sword once again before grabbing the bow off of her back. However, what she didn't expect was the ground to start breaking apart below her. Before she could get out of the way, a spike slammed into her stomach, sending her back quite a distance [15% damage taken].

Clutching her abdomen as she slid to a halt on the ground, Isabelle wasted little time, climbing back onto two feet and pulling two arrows from her quiver. One of them was tipped with Ice dust, while the second was the same explosive type that she had used earlier. While she couldn't see Fallow clearly through all of the kicked up dirt from his attack, she listened as best as she could, her faunus ears picking up the sound of his heavy breathing.

As swiftly as she could, she nocked the ice arrow and shot it into the ground in front of where the sound came from, creating a big chunk of ice where it struck. She then fired the next arrow at the exact same spot, the explosion shattering the ice and sending a large amount of shrapnel in Fallow's general direction [8% damage]. Her main goal with the attack was to give her teammate enough time to recover so that they could go on the offensive once again.

[Aura Remaining - 82%]
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 02:25:27 PM by Metroidhunter »
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster

Skylia

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    O kawaii koto
    • View Profile
As Lucina sat on the ground still rather dazed from her previous attack, she would make note of Fallow's attempt to hit two birds with one stone. As she was already on the ground watching the encounter between Fallow and Isabelle, she would have ample time to react to Fallow's storm of spikes. Making herself lay flat on the ground, Lucina would hope to minimize the chance of being hit by spikes. But as it would seem, Lady Luck was not on her side and two spikes grazed the top of her left kneecap and one straight across her forehead [Reduced 5% damage due to positioning].

After the spikes had passed and Lucina had taken her hits, she felt well enough to sprint away, needing to actually retrieve her weapon which was so monumental to her success in this fight. Knowing Fallow would most likely attempt to hit her, being unarmed and all, Lucina would ready a vial of repulsion dust to deflect any attacks, but woould it be enough? Emerging from her position on the ground, Lucina would begin to sprint towards the location behind Fallow which her weapon lay, also noting Isabelle's very useful assistance in the form of shrapnel.

[Aura Remaining- 87%]

((Arcus, since I took longer than 2 days to post, I'd just like to remind you that you can autohit if you'd like.))

« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 10:57:43 PM by Skylia »
Lucina Archaletta - The Haughty Hipster - 1st Year Beacon Student on Team ALIA

Vanilla Stella-Maris - The Indomitable Idol - Special Operations Combat Idol  - WiP

Primrose Palatine - The Dexterous Duelist - Atlesian Professor of Combat Flow - WiP

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Through the dust Fallow saw the figures rising before suddenly large chunks of ice started slamming into him and sending him backwards before one of his adversaries came out of it unarmed. Running his hand across the page of his book a blue crackle appeared in his hand before he threw a bolt of lightning through the air at Lucina dealing 5% damage [autohit as I was given permission] before moving to pick up the blade she was going for and throwing it from the cliff back into the fire below.

Aura level=77%
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
Surprisingly enough, Isabelle's arrow attack had worked, the chunks of ice causing him to reel back a bit. While she had originally been hoping that Lucina would be able to use this time to get her weapon back, this wasn't the case. Instead, her partner had been struck by a bolt of electricity, making her expression turn serious again. Starting to dash towards their opponent, she watched as he tossed Lucina's weapon aside, sending it into the flames at the bottom of the mountain.

'... Dick move.'

Not wanting to let Fallow get away with such a disrespectful act, Belle kept rapidly advancing towards him. Despite being on the offensive again, she still kept her bow in her grasp. She wouldn't need a blade for this, not yet. Her body began to glow blue for a brief moment before she leaped off the ground with her semblance once more. This time, she was sent straight at him rather than up, putting her legs out in front of her as she soared. The distance between them was closed in a second before the catgirl slammed into him, the drop kick striking him right in the torso before she fell to the ground [15% damage to Fallow, 3% to Isabelle. Autohit, because the post took longer than two days].

[Aura Remaining - 79%]
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:14:43 PM by Metroidhunter »

Skylia

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    O kawaii koto
    • View Profile
Despite readying a vial of repulsion dust in her hand, Lucina's reaction time was always utter shit. Before she could properly react, she was blinded by a bolt of lightning to the face. Effectively being stopped in her tracks, Lucina would hit the ground again as Fallow continued to bully her. After a quick Velma-esque moment of "Where the hell are my glasses?", Lucina was back on her feet again only to see her not-so-precious weapon be thrown off the mountainside. Now she would have to climb all the way back down to retrieve it, wasting time that she could spend on beating the shit out of Fallow.

In a complete fit of rage, Lucina would hurl the vial of repulsion dust she held in the general direction of Fallow, not even making note of Isabelle's previous attack. If the repulsion dust made contact with Fallow, it would repulse him in the direction of the mountainside, a befitting (albeit unintentional) revenge hit to the boy who had just threw her weapon off the cliff [20% damage, but 10% if the dust only makes contact and he does not fall].

[Aura remaining- 82%]

« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 06:14:03 PM by Skylia »

Vanilla Stella-Maris - The Indomitable Idol - Special Operations Combat Idol  - WiP

Primrose Palatine - The Dexterous Duelist - Atlesian Professor of Combat Flow - WiP

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Fallow felt the breath knocked out of him as he felt an impact into his chest. Fortunately the kick sent him sprawling away from the dust phial that had been thrown at him. Rolling as he slammed into the ground he was quickly back on his feet and reaching into his coat pulling out Lulu and Pip flicking their blades out and rushing Isabelle slashing quickly at her with each knife before hastily backing up. [2% damage on each hit]

[Aura level= 62%]
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
As Fallow was recovering from the drop kick, Isabelle had plenty of time to get up herself and return her bow to its place on her back. However, the catgirl had taken note of the misfortune of her teammate, who had thrown some dust at the opponent out of anger and missed. Instead of facing Fallow, she turned and ran, the first knife catching her in the back before she bolted away [2% damage taken].

Soon reaching the edge of the mountain, she didn't think twice before leaping off, landing right in the fire where Lucina's weapon was located [4% damage taken]. Quickly grabbing it before the flames could harm her too much, she dashed back in the direction of the mountain, activating her semblance yet again to soar into the air.

"Lucina!"

Attempting to give her a proper warning by shouting at her, Isabelle spun in midair and threw the saw towards her teammate, the weapon sliding across the ground before stopping right at Lucina's feet. Afterwards, she landed on the plateau once again, before leaning over slightly while panting. She had used her semblance twice in a short amount of time, and was going to need a moment to rest. She could only hope that Lucina would be able to preoccupy Fallow for a little while now that she had her weapon back.

[Aura Remaining - 73%]

Skylia

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    O kawaii koto
    • View Profile
Becoming completely flustered after her vial completely missed Fallow, Lucina stood kind of idly in an attempt to think of something to make up for that embarrassing moment. Having little to retaliate with at the moment, Lucina could only be on standby as Isabelle got slashed at. Running out of viable ideas, Lucina grasped a vial of freeze dust which emanated a frosty aura. Ready to lob at Fallow, Lucina noticed Isabelle suddenly leap off the cliff, down into the fiery field that they started off in. As she quickly used her semblance to get back up, Lucina's weapon was quickly at her feet thanks to her feline friend.

Quickly taking up her weapon, Lucina yelled a quick "Thanks, Belle!" before loading the vial of dust into the designated dust slot, hoping to distract Fallow long enough for Isabelle to recover adequately. Quickly rushing at Fallow from her current position, she would aim her cleaver in a wide slash towards his knees in hopes of freezing him in place [10% damage].

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
As the situation evolved around him Fallow saw an excellent opportunity as both his enemies were in the line of fire and between him and the edge of the mountain. "too easy" Fallow chuckled to himself as he put his knives away and once again withdrew his spellbook. As he turned through the book looking for the page a large shockwave spell was in he leaped backwards to avoid a cleaver slash at his legs. Finding the page he was looking for Fallow ran his hand over the page and snapped it outwards at both Lucina and Isabelle. A blast of kinetic dust flew at them hopefully knocking both of them from the cliff and back into their fire.  [10% damage +fall and fire damage.] After the spell Fallow was once again left breathing heavily damn. I'm using my semblance way too rapidly. Guess I'm going to need to use my knives now.

[aura level= 62%]

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
Isabelle had seen it enough times by now to know what was coming. The way he searched through the book in his hand was a clear sign of an impending attack that could potentially hit both Lucina and Belle. Even though she was still attempting to recover, staying in one spot wouldn't be the greatest of ideas. As he cast the dust out towards them, Isabelle quickly moved back a few meters to take cover part of the way down the side of the mountain. Once his wave of kinetic dust had passed, the catgirl climbed back up to the edge of the plateau.

Watching Fallow closely from a distance, it was completely apparent to her that he was starting to get a little worn down, probably due to the high amount of spells he had used. This would hopefully give Lucina a shot at hitting him, which was also likely considering that he only possessed a pair of knives. While she briefly considered moving forward as well so that the two of them could fight him in close-quarters together, she would probably be helping more if she supported her at a far range. At least, that was what she was hoping was the case.

Drawing her fourth arrow, Isabelle readied her bow and took aim at Fallow, lining the shot up carefully before letting the arrow fly. It had been sent towards his lower half, as she hoped that the ice dust arrow would be able to partially freeze him. If that happened, perhaps it would give her teammate a decent opportunity to strike. [7% damage, will freeze Fallow in place briefly if hit].

[Aura Remaining - 73%]

Skylia

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    O kawaii koto
    • View Profile
As Fallow dodged her wide slash, Lucina would have to retreat a bit and decide on the duo's next course of action dependent on what Isabelle decided to do."This fuck is making me look bad in front of all these people, I...just need a chance to make him look as bad as me." were Lucina's current thoughts, and she hoped Isabelle's "masterful strategies" would help her accomplish this goal.

As she noticed Fallow swiping his hand over the book he held once again, Lucina knew that a substantially powerful attack would come next. As she was now distanced from Fallow, Lucina could have the time to make a well-informed decision on her next move. Seeing Isabelle take cover behind the cliff, Lucina knew she wasn't close enough to do the same. Thinking of the option that didn't utilize the environment, Lucina would power her weapon with a vial of repulsion dust while transforming it into its cleaver form. Holding it vertically, Lucina would deflect what dust was coming her way back at Fallow [10% damage, same as initial attack]. Lucina also noticed Isabelle's ice arrow, which could only increase her chances at hitting Fallow, not even mentioning the fact that Fallow himself looked rather tired.

((FYI: Post time extension approved by Dr. Gustave))
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 01:51:03 PM by Skylia »

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Fallow had to admit he was impressed as he saw Lucina standing her ground as his attack streaked towards her. when another shock wave turned his around he understood why and then was promptly flung backwards slamming head first into a rock [15% damage taken. +5% for crashing into a rock.] Fortunately one attack had knocked him away from another as an arrow struck and froze the space he had been in a few seconds earlier. Fallow took an awfully long time getting to his feet from the impact as he pulled his spell-book out. "knives aren't going to work. I'm going to need to go all out and hope they go down before i do." With that he ran his hand over the book and he decided to try earthshatter again. Gesturing towards them the ground at their feet would once again shatter and fly directly at them [15% damage]. However Fallow didn't just stand still and watch the results this time already running his hand over the book and gesturing at Lucina. an orange orb floated out of his hand and slowly begun making it's way towards a hopefully dazed Lucina. Once it made contact with either her or the ground it would create an explosion large enough to destroy half of the cliff. [20% damage to any caught in the blast. Will not reach Lucina until Fallow's next post.] After casting those two spells Fallow fell to one knee as it had become difficult for him to even stand.

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
Being at the distance that she was, Isabelle saw the earth shattering attack coming, albeit a little late. Moving to jump out of the way, one of the rocks skimmed her leg, and while it didn't do as much damage as it could have, it did cause her to lose her balance [10% damage taken]. Being on the edge of the plateau, she could only hopelessly flail her arms in attempt to save herself. 'Shitshitshit-' A moment later, she fell back and rolled down the side of the hill, eventually faceplanting on the ground [5% damage taken].

Not wanting to accept what had just happened, Isabelle quickly stood up, furiously brushing the dirt off of herself as she started to run around the mountain. Her face was red with embarrassment, but she didn't plan on letting Fallow get away with what he had done. Once she was on the opposite side of the mountain, parallel to Lucina and behind Fallow, she drew a single explosive arrow before activating her semblance. In an instant, she was soaring through the air again, all while nocking the arrow on her bow. Once the jump reached the top of the plateau, she let the arrow fly, sending it straight towards Fallow before she landed on the mountain again [15% damage + explosion knockback].

[Aura Remaining - 58%]

Skylia

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    O kawaii koto
    • View Profile
Not wanting to 'waste' good repulsion dust, Lucina knew she would have to think of another solution to these attacks that Fallow possessed. Knowing that Fallow's ranged semblance attacks were his strong point, Lucina knew she had to get in close and make him use his knives. But she had absolutely no idea how she would accomplish this goal at the moment, as two attacks were headed her way already. Although, she noticed Fallow fall to one knee, and realized that she would have to somehow get to him right after his combo attacks. But, as of now, Lucina would have to do her best to avoid this incoming attack.

As the shockwave reached her, she soon realized that there was little to be done and that Fallow had caught her in a good spot. As she lost her balance and rocks hit her from multiple directions [15% damage taken], she would catch the orb slowly moving in her direction. She knew that she wouldn't have ample time to react, but could only rely on Isabelle for anything.

[Aura Remaining- 67%]

((Post extension approved. Sorry, it's time for early action college applications, so it's been a bit hectic.))
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 09:08:04 AM by Skylia »

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Fallow smiled as he saw that not only had his shockwave hit both of his targets and sent one of them falling from the cliff and that Lucina seemed to just be standing there waiting to take the blast. It was in that moment however that he saw a shadow on the ground just in front of him. "oh shit." Attempting to move backwards out of the way Fallow didn't manage to completely avoid the attack but he did manage to move far enough to be on the other side of the arrow. Instead of being sent forwards into his own explosion he was sent backwards ending up at the feet of his attacker looking up at them. [15% damage taken.] In the mean time his attack reached it's mark and a large explosion rang out obscuring the entire mountain from view with the dust it kicked up. Leaving a large crater and dealing 20% damage to Lucina along with propelling her back towards the edge of the mountain unless she could somehow escape the blast a large smile crossed his face as he looked up at his other opponent. "This is going well."

[aura level= 27%]
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 12:43:04 AM by arcus_gray »