Author Topic: Huntsman 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Aurelia Caelius vs. Ceramite Gunmetal  (Read 6606 times)

Skylia

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    O kawaii koto
    • View Profile

”Good afternoon friends, competitors, and sponsors alike and welcome back to the forty-first bi-annual Vytal Festival tournament!” Hunter’s attempts at mocking Prim rings through the arena’s sound system, ”For this match up, we have Ceramite Gunmetal, which is the sickest yet stupidest name I’ve ever seen. On the other, we have Aurelia Caelius. I really don’t have anything significant to say about her because Gunmetal is is much more interesting to discuss.” Sounds of furious writing gets picked up the microphone. ”Prim, hear me out. I get my name changed to Hunter Redspear! It’s brilliant!”

”Well...it’s certainly better than ‘Hunter the Blue’. But anyways, allow me to give some actual insight into these two. Mr...Metalgun was it? He can fire magic bullets that are sure to hit their target, and when I say magic bullet no I don’t mean the popular brand of blenders! On the other side we have Ms. Aurelia Caelius who can store up energy from her opponent’s attacks to bolster her own offense and defense. Effective yet...boring. Now that you’re more familiar with these two, let’s get better acquainted with the spinner, shall we?” A large holographic image of a lottery machine appears on all sides of the arena, with two spinners. The spinners spun so quickly, making it nearly impossible to make out the passing words. It ticked through the options slower and slower until it finally stopped on Desert and Savanna.

The floor of the arena lowered and, in its place, arose two new floors. On Gunmetal’s side, a ‘vast’ desert emerged featuring large sand dunes and, of course, plenty of sand to slow down combatants. On Aurelia’s side, large patches of wildgrass filled the area. Numerous Acacia trees also littered the environment. Just having those would be boring though! On each combatant’s side of the arena, there are 3 dust bombs scattered on the ground. A combination of flame and earth dust, these will make a sizeable flaming crater! Use them to gain an explosive advantage over your opponent!

As the spinner finished its job and faded away, the doors on each side of the arena opened to signify the start of the match.

(A coin flip has decided that Aurelia will get the first post. The arena size is identical to that of the 1v1 arena in the show, however, it features scaled down biomes to fit the size. Good luck, and may the best combatant win.)
Lucina Archaletta - The Haughty Hipster - 1st Year Beacon Student on Team ALIA

Vanilla Stella-Maris - The Indomitable Idol - Special Operations Combat Idol  - WiP

Primrose Palatine - The Dexterous Duelist - Atlesian Professor of Combat Flow - WiP

Kaliot

• View Profile
Re: Huntsman 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Aurelia Caelius vs. Ceramite Gunmetal
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 02:06:06 PM »
Aurelia stood on the edge of the arena, arms crossed with her weapon staffed upon for waist for the time being. Her foot was tapping against the pavement, eager to begin the match. She hadn't set foot on this stage since her school days and she was looking to make a statement. Between the less-than-positive words of the announcers, she took the time to glance over Ceramite; really, there was just one thing that sorely stood out and it was his massive gun. Aurelia herself wasn't much of a ranged fighter so she was already at a disadvantage. "Tch."

When Hunter and Prim were finally done with introductions, the biome selection went underway, eventually landing on Desert and Savanna. Shortly after, the ground began to rumble. "Good luck!" Aurelia shouted across the arena as she readied her weapon.

As soon as the match started, she loaded one round into the ends of her weapon and fired two fire wave projectiles at Ceramite, the first being vertical and the second being horizontal (5% each). Immediately after her attack, she ran for the nearest fire bomb that wasn't directly between her and Ceramite.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 02:21:34 PM by Kaliot »
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Characters: ShowHide

Sophea Devi Visorith - Beacon Nurse, Gardener, Health Nut, Scholar
Mao Visorith - First-Year Beacon Student, Team SFF[M]
Aurelia Caelius - Beacon Graduate, Huntress, Team [A]URM
Izumi Cremisi - Member of Obsidian Rose, Assassin, Thief, Arcade Enthusiast
Airi Fogden Bicardi - Second-Year Atlas Student, Family Heiress
Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]
Yu Mei - Third-Year Haven Student
Suna Arevik - First-Year Shade Student, Scavenger-in-Training, Team S[S]MR
Mara Lev - Mercenary, de facto Leader of Siren

Worldbuilding: ShowHide

Mahava Plains - The bastion of Eastern Sanus
Obsidian Rose - Valish Criminal Organization

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 12:35:19 AM »
Due to carrying Exitium, Ceramite took some extra time to lumber into the ring and the moment he did he sunk quite significantly into the sand. seeing two waves of fire coming at him Ceramite slammed exitium vertically into the ground to act as a makeshift barrier from the attacks but from within the cover he couldn't do much to counter-attack, so instead he opted to remove his mask momentarily to double check the lenses. With the cat so far out of the bag it had gone feral about his true identity he had opted to wear his stage clothes to the tournament to reduce the risk of his glasses being knocked from his face.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 01:55:30 PM »
To her relief, Aurelia's initial attack left her opponent unable to attack, at least for the time being. Upon reaching a bomb, she chucked it high into the air toward Ceramite and fired two more horizontal wave projectiles (5% each), hoping to ignite the bomb in his vicinity (16% direct / 8% splash).

Not having a second to spare, Aurelia charged toward Ceramite, hoping to cover as much distance as possible before he was able to recompose himself.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:35:00 AM by Kaliot »
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 08:20:49 AM »
In moving away from his cover Ceramite managed to avoid the majority of the hellfire that was about to rain down upon him. He had been dive-rolling out from behind his gun and into the cover of a dune when the bomb fell on his head, fortunately he was only caught by the tail of the blast.

Combat data
Aura level: 92%
no attacks made
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 02:13:34 PM »
Aurelia had burned through a good portion of her ammo, but it seemed that it was all worth it: she'd restricted Ceramite's use of his bulky weapon and managed to separate the two which allowed her to close in uncontested. Nearing Ceramite's position, she shot one more wave horizontal projectile (5%) at his position (if covered by dune, akin to cover fire) to keep him preoccupied. At the same time, she preloaded three rounds into the other half of her weapon. Rounding the crest of the hill, she would send a loaded [if dodging parallel to the prior projectile: horizontal; if dodging perpendicular or doing nothing: downward vertical] strike Ceramite's way, augmented by her aura and the explosive power of her rounds (direct hit: 7% base + 5% [strength aura] + 15% [5% x 3 from explosive rounds]; splash: 5% [explosion]). In doing so, the attack would also send a significant amount of the sand into the air if the vertical strike misses.

Aura: 95% (-5% [explosion]) + 1.25% overcharge
Fatigue: 12%
Ammo: [⌂⌂---] || [-----]
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 12:53:29 PM by Kaliot »
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 07:50:57 AM »
As another projectile crashed against his cover causing sand to rain down on his head Ceramite was drawing Ultio from within his robe, waiting for his opponent to come around his cover to engage in close range. As it turned out he didn't have to wait long as he quickly saw a vertical strike coming for him and leaped away only to be caught in another damn explosion. rolling along the ground as the sand spat down around him Ceramite decided to fight fire with fire pointing Ultio and firing straight at Aurelia in the hopes of finally fighting back and putting some damage in. the explosive shotgun blast of Ultio being far enough away to not be at it's most effective but still close enough to easily aim but still, stray spread would detonate in the sand and cause even more to rain down on the two of them.

Ceramite Battle Data

Aura level: 87%
Shots before reloading Ultio: 1
Shotgun blast damage: 7%

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 01:08:51 PM »
Aurelia's had tunnel-visioned so much on Exitium that she was caught by surprise when she received a face full of explosive pellets. She placed a foot behind her, digging into the sand to brace herself. The additional sand sent into the air limited her version, but despite it, she had no other choice but to charge forward. She kicked off her back foot and went into the sand plume, one arm up to catch any more pellets from hitting her face and part of her chest and the other sending another horizontal strike[1] Ceramite's way.

[1] - 5% physical; decreased accuracy due to sand in the air and surprise shotgun blast

Aura: 95% 89.25% ( 5.75%) + 1.75% ( 1.25%)( 1.75%) overcharge
Fatigue: 12%   14% ( 2%)
Ammo: [⌂⌂---] || [-----]

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 04:45:56 PM by Kaliot »
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 02:34:37 PM »
Autohit granted by timeout
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:05:49 PM by Dr. Gustave »
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 10:26:41 PM »
Finally. with his opponent closing enough distance to finally begin a melee fight Ceramite made a wide swing with ultio. putting his full Boarbatusk cracking force into a shot at the ribs, simply disregarding the shot from his opponent, well aware his was going to hurt far more.

Ceramite Battle Data

Aura level: 82%
heavy chest shot: 20%

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 01:39:10 PM »
The shot tore through Aurelia's overcharge and knocked her back. She could only manage to let out a "Sh-" before her back crashed against the sandy terrain. The attack widened the gap between them, again putting her at a severe disadvantage. Mustering her composure, she got to her feet as quickly as she could. She had tried her best to eek out something, but it was clear that she'd failed.

Aurelia's figured explored her waist, eventually coming upon the small container housing her ammunition which housed ten rounds. She sighed and loosened it a bit from her belt before she leapt forward, and smashed the ground with her weapon sending a plume of sand into the air. Aurelia then grasped the container, tossed all of her remaining rounds towards Ceramite, and sent one more wave projectile[1] his way with the intent to ignite all the round[2].

[1]- Horizontal, 5%
[2] - 3% per close hit, 1% per splash; 10 total

Aura:  89.25% 71% ( 18.25%) + 5% ( 1.75%)( 5%) overcharge
Fatigue: 14%   20% ( 6%)
Ammo: [-----] || [-----]

Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2018, 10:02:18 AM »
As more Sand was kicked up Ceramite could effectively only see a silhouette. However seeing something thrown at him given the amount of firepower being thrown around was still easy enough to recognize. As a result he immediately dived away to the side unfortunately increasing the distance even further. On the upside he had dived closer to Exitium. Given the high amount of long range attacks that had been going off thus far Ceramite decided it might be time to break it out. At least he had made it away from what must have been a big blast as more sand rained down on his head.

No attacks or damage to necessitate a Battle Data.

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2018, 03:08:27 PM »
Aurelia swore. She'd wasted away all of her ammo reserves in a failed gambit. She noted that Ceramite didn't attempt another shot at her and she figured that that they were now in the same boat...with the exception that Ceramite still had his massive gun available to him. She absolutely could not afford to let him get his hands on it.

Seeing as he was nearing Exitium, Aurelia charged straight for him with an attack at the ready[1].

[1] - Horizontal swipe, 15% total (5% base + 5% strength trait + 5% semblance charge)

Aura:  71% 71% ( 0%) + 5% ( 0%)( 0%) overcharge
Fatigue: 20% 22% ( 2%)

Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2018, 05:09:40 AM »
Seeing Aurelia charging him confused Ceramite slightly having not yet pieced together the explosion was a bunch of ammunition going off at once and the fact that Aurelia had been hammering him at long range meant he was perfectly willing to engage in close quarters. stepping up to meet her he raised Ultio to parry the shot a loud clang ringing out as the weapons clashed. As they did Ceramite's eyes had blue lines in them forming an L shape. pulling the trigger on Ultio the other barrel of the shotgun fired at the ground with a blue glow. the moment it left the barrel the shot turned and headed straight for the center of Aurelia's body.

Ceramite Battle Data

Aura level: 82%
point blank magic shotgun blast: 15%

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2018, 06:00:07 PM »
Aurelia quickly reacted to the parry: she dug a foot into the ground and spun herself, aiming the other blade at Ceramite. It was midway during her spin that she heard the gun go off and she realized that her hope that it was empty was a false one. The shot drilled straight below her armpit, the impact knocking her to the ground and disarming her.

Aura:  71% 56% ( 15%) + 3.75% ( 5%)( 3.75%) overcharge
Fatigue: 22% 34% ( 12%)
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting