Author Topic: Rustled Feathers [4/4 FULL]  (Read 35114 times)

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
Re: Rustled Feathers [4/4 FULL]
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2017, 09:04:38 AM »
Recognising the same shimmer from before Calen managed deflect the first boot but rolling forward he walked straight into the second landing now squarely in the middle of his face. Shaking his head a few times to refocus himself Calen grasped his sword in both hands and planned his next move.

Feinting twice he darted close delivering three quick strikes before dancing away. 'So you were in the tourney, I wasn't around for it. How did you do Master Catalina?' Calen continued distracting Catalina, trying to force a misstep or opening. As long as he has his weapon in it's range form I'll press my advantage, the hammer should be easy enough to dodge but the fire would be another story all together.

Three quick strikes 6% each

Calen's Battle data: Aura: 72%(Kick)
                               Fatigue: 85%(No Change)
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2017, 09:40:49 AM »
Despite Reggie's best efforts, Akel had regained her main weapon. Crap. This put the pisswank at a greater disadvantage once more. He had, by now, taken note of the other fight currently happening next to theirs. This scythe bitch was a bit rough - agile, large but swift weapon, seemingly pissed the hell off - and he needed an out.

His other foes, meanwhile... The hammer guy was tough, yes. Likely his next biggest threat. And yet, he seemed to be a ranged combatant with a somewhat slow melee weapon. Reggie thought he could take them.

These thoughts were cut short as Reggie was jabbed and electrocuted in the chest. Reggie screamed out and allowed himself to be flung back by the attack, panting. His head darted up, the gusts of wind picking up. He snarled, and... Ran towards the other fight.

Right now he was hoping to cut in on this fight, and making Akel fight Calen while he took Catalina. That was the plan, at least. He charged the two head-on, dealing a slash to both of them and then pulling back to be prepared to block.

[AURA: 47%]

Both slashes at 5%.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2017, 09:51:55 AM »
With the successful syrike Akel was able to put a smile on her face, satisfied with her scythe in her hands again and not in his. She put the ninjato back into the bottom of the handle with a click and placed her throwing knifes back on her belt. As much as she thought that joining the fight would be fun, she backed off. Letting their attention focus on each other and away from her, hopefully wih them having weaker aura then herself so she would have the advantage. None the less she placed her scythe on her shoulders again, tilting it side to side to give some momentum to allow her to act should one of them come to her, like she did in the beginning. Carefully observing her monochrome enemies for any signs of gun fire so she would be able to block should she need to.

[Aura 57%]
Atlas: ShowHide

Solaris Star - Atlesian Special Forces

Aegis Guard - First Year Atlas Student

Iris Ares - Fourth Year Atlas Student

Vale: ShowHide

Akeldama Blood-Heart - First Year Beacon Student

Linh Li "Mythos Laurenstine - Second year Beacon Student

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2017, 10:38:45 AM »
Catalina put down his sniper, but not before he changed it back to hammer form. He didn't react to the fake moves, having his own plan.
Well, Nathan beat me in a very close match in round 2, and it was really thrilling. I hope we have something on that league again today.
He saw his opponent move in another sudden speed burst, and stood still and focused.
The first strike was dodged with a side hop to the right taking Cat by surprise but he grabbed on Calen's wrist pushing that arm away on the next taking another bit of damage. Meanwhile, a wall just enough to cave Calen in made of Cat's own aura field erected, going around him on the left. He moved in and punched the adversary three times in the stomach, then he noticed the quick footsteps towards them.
He glanced and saw a charging boy and a resting scythe. He poked him with a spike again using his semblance before he is in the daggers' attack range.But using so much of his semblance at such a close timespan gave him slight headache, even if that's nothing he can't cope with and it's fainting away already, it still made the charging boy goes unnoticed and got hit with full edge of the slash.
(Aura: 72%, two sword slashes and one dagger slash)
(Punches: 5% each)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:03:32 AM by Siuwa »
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2017, 03:44:33 PM »
Tensing as Catalina swapped back to the hammer Calen was surprised when Catalina dropped his weapon but the latter didn't slow down still making the attack and as such getting locked in the grapple. The three punches got a wince out of him which would shut him up for a while as he struggled against the hold. That wasn't until Reginald got his attack in that Calen had his opportunity. Still in the grab Calen himself grabbed one of Catalina's legs to put him off balance then rocked all three of them into Reginald.

Calen then tries to roll out, using the momentum to break Catalina's hold. If successful Calen will spend a few moments straightening out his suit and giving Akel a slight bow before leaping towards her. 'We've seemed to have swapped partners Miss. Hope there is no inconvenience.' Calen remarked his voice not doing much to hide the pain he is in as he set up again in a defensive stance.

Crash 8% to both

Calen's Battle data: Aura: 57%(Three Punches)
                               Fatigue: 80%(One Semblance use)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2017, 02:48:55 AM »
Reggie had pulled back after his strike, and as the two seemed to tumble at him, he hopped back to avoid getting smooshed. The walking dickcicle wasted no time in attacking again, seeing his plan come to fruition quite nicely. He went for a a stab-and-slash combo, actually keeping one dagger back to at least have a chance at deflecting any oncoming attack.

The winds surrounding him had settled by now, though his accidental use of his semblance had left him a bit winded. Yeah, I said winded.

(Stab at 8%, slash at 5%)
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2017, 05:31:36 AM »
"There is none at all." Akel flipped her scythe into her hands. Holding the scythe end at her left side while she ran in him. She stopped just a bit after her weapon entered hitting range. Doing a sharp turn, aiming low to hit his feet and throw him off balance, but that wasn't her main attack, without breaking speed she spun around very fast and slammed the scythe into the ground at his feet, fire spewed forth from the center in a 2 meter radius. Except the fire went straight past Akel, avoiding her getting hit with the fire altogether and remaining safe from the AoE attack while Calen would be well within range unless he was able to move out

[Aura 57%]
[Trip = 1%]
[Attack = 13%]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 05:41:53 AM by EdgeyReyes »

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2017, 05:57:47 AM »
Cat suddenly found himself in a dangerous position. If the struggle continues the daggers will be allowed to simply wail on him endlessly. So he have to release from the struggle and hop back, grabbing back his hammer. But it was interrupted by being grabbed on the leg and flung on the said daggers. Catalina took some time to regain his balance, but he find himself helplessly scrambling in front of the purple haired boy. All he can do is hop off again hoping he can take advantage of the reach soon.
(Aura: 64%)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 06:56:45 AM by Siuwa »
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2017, 06:44:37 AM »
'Predictable.' Calen taunted seeing the wide arc of the weapon and having plenty of time to avoid the attack thanks to his semblance. Rocketing in for a savage strike at the girl's jugular then leaping back off with a heavy two foot stomp on her chest.

'With all due respect young miss you aren't going to hit anyon....' Calen began before flames erupted from around the scythe. Another application of his semblance allowed him to escape some of the damage but the attack still left his ghostly pale skin a deep red. A flamethrower, they both have flamethrowers. I'm surprised all three don't have flamethrowers. Calen thought to himself sardonically.

'You should try not to be so reliant on your crutches little girl, you never know when they will fail you.' Calen rasped, his throat still dry from the heat. Leaning his weight forward Calen took up a fair more aggressive stance. OK I've seen what these clowns can do, time to finish this.

Slash 7%
Stomp 3%

Calen's Battle data: Aura: 50%(Taking half the inferno)
                               Fatigue: 70%(Two semblance uses)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2017, 11:37:50 AM »
Reginald's opponent seemed to be a bit thrown off by all the attacks, and scrambling to get back up on his feet. This little cumblot was not gonna be chivalrous about it, and attacked again right away.

"Take this!" He yelled out as he went for a kick at his foe and an upwards slash, closing any distance between the two, since he knew his opponent had the range advantage here.

(Kick is 4%, slash is 6%)

My good ole AMA

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2017, 06:58:35 AM »
Akel rubbed her throat at the attack against her.

Akel placed the scythe into her hands. Holding a solid stance and having the left dust dial stay on fire and ice on the right dial. Calen was starting to get on her nerves a bit, that cocky attitude of his would definitely be his downfall one day. But for now she had to concentrate, predict his moves, keep him off his feet.

Mist started to come off of her scythe and with a sudden slam she smashed it into the ground, sending mist around the whole arena. She pulled on the back of her scythe and pulled out the ninjato. Leaving the scythe in place and deciding that the ninjato would serve her better.

[Aura 47%]

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2017, 07:25:41 AM »
Catalina can only walk backwards and tries to keep the distance. He responded to the kick with... Nothing. He can only watch as he got kicked. Stumbling back he tilted his head back slightly to avoid the slash.
Ok time to strike back. To vent his very slight frustration of getting smacked around for a little bit he swung his hammer a little bit harder and propel his swings with the rest of the flame dust to hopefully make sure it hits. Hyah!
(Aura: 60%)
(Swing: 18%)

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2017, 07:55:30 AM »
'Hiding is beneath you dear' Calen taunted as mist began to fill the air. 'But try not to hit the bystanders with this attack.' Calen grinned as Akel swapped her scythe for a short sword, at least compared to his own. Although he would probably have better luck against the scythe, the romance of sword fighting had never died for him and Calen was thrilled that now the smallest mistake could spell disaster.

Dancing forward hopefully before the mist got too thick Calen feinted high before striking low taking full advantage of his superior reach. For the first time in the fight Calen was starting to build up tempo, dashing around might please the crowd(all two of them) but here one on one, slowly wearing the target down, is where Calen shines.

Strike 8%

Calen's Battle data: Aura: 50%(No Change)
                               Fatigue: 70%(No Change)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2017, 09:37:11 AM »
By this point, Silica had gone back to reading her magazine and not really giving that big of a shit about the fight. Talk about a tough crowd.

Reggie grinned a bit at his kick connecting, but knew he was in trouble as soon as his opponent dodged the slash. The moment was over. The boy moved his dagger to block the attack, but his weapon and hand were both thrown back, the former being flung away and landing on the floor with a a 'clink'. Lord Cocksnort had not expected that hammer to be so quick, though it seemed like the boy had used dust for it. Can't be much of that left, if any.

And so, Reggie kept his attack up despite the pain and lack of weapon. He roared out a battlecry only he could ever understand and went for a a straight jab at his foe's jaw with his fist, mostly as a distraction, while his dagger moved in to stab him from the side.

[AURA: 38%]

(Jab is 4%, stab is 8%)

My good ole AMA

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2017, 11:41:05 PM »
Akel did not this opportunity go to waste. As he saw him go for her she acted without hesitation. Her temporarily red eyes and hair burst back to the blood red indicating another use of her semblance. She sent the condensed aura straight towards him. The lenght of the physical blade didn't matter, only the direction as her semblance wpuld be more then able to close the distance. Her target was within range and that was all that mattered. Her free hand went towards her belt, crushing one of the fire foci to enhance her semblance.

Condensed aura launched from just behind her, following the exact same path as her attack, straight towards her target's centre. Shortly followed by the condensed aura the aura burst into flames. Only doing little damage to herself

[Aura: 43%] denying attack before he can get close enough. 4% from fire used in foci.

[Damage %17]  [Fire 8%]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 12:42:18 AM by EdgeyReyes »