Author Topic: Revya "rev" Vermillion  (Read 4520 times)

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Revya "rev" Vermillion
« on: September 11, 2016, 10:20:59 AM »
CHARACTER

Name: Revya Vermillion

Nickname:Rev. short for Revya and alludes to his affinity for vehicles.

Species and Gender: Male human

Symbol: 3 interlocking gears

Appearance: Revya has pale red hair that he ties into a small ponytail at the back with his hair at the front being just long enough to cover his ears. He has yellow eyes that are so catlike he has occasionally been mistaken for a faunas by drunk racist men. His slightly short height and slight build combined with all his other traits lead to him looking very feminine (and also leads to some awkward moments in bars.) Revya wears the same clothes for almost everything only changing when wearing his beacon uniform or working as a mechanic where he wears casual jeans and a flannel shirt. When not in either of these clothes he wears a red tunic with a deeper red sash that runs from his right shoulder to just beneath his left arm this tunic runs all the way down his arms with the exception of a patch on his left shoulder which is made of transparent silk which reveals that he has his symbol tattooed on his left shoulder. He wears baggy white pants and red boots with the tunic and  often has what appear to be wings made from red crystal coming from his back. These are part of his weapon and are actually a lightweight metal that he has made to look like crystal.

History: Revya grew up with a relatively normal life for a citizen of Vale. Both of his parents were mechanics and as a result he spent most of his time playing around with gears and motors. Unfortunately a lot of the other kids didn't like him because he had a bad habit of taking things apart to figure out how they worked and being a child he had a hard time putting them back together which upset a lot of other children. As a result of this he became the victim of bullying and wound up isolating himself from most others and his only human interaction came from his parents and older brother, which he was for the most part fine with as it allowed him to spend more time tinkering, and his brother would often help him with that and help protect him from the bullies if they decided they wanted to go and harass the weird antisocial kid. For the most part Revya enjoyed his early life however when he was 10 things took a turn for the worse as his whole family had taken an interest in faunas civil rights and were at a Faunas rally that was disrupted by the White Fang who were killing any humans at the event and Revya and his brother were forced to watch as their parents were killed in front of them and would have been killed themselves had it not been for the arrival of the authorities and even a few hunters. It was then that Revya and his brother decided that they wanted to become huntsmen so that they would never be helpless again. This rang especially true for Revya as he had been similarly helpless his whole life always relying on his elder brother to scare the bullies away. Revya was still 3 years short of being able to attend beacon and was therefor sent to an orphanage however his brother was able to attend Signal immediately and would often come to visit Revya during his free time and teach Revya what he had learned and told him all about his life at Signal so when the day finally came for Revya to enroll he was incredibly excited but he hadn't counted on one thing. He had to interact with other people. Revya quickly turned back to tinkering as an escape and as a result when he built his weapon he also built a motorcycle, which quickly caught the attention of the other students, however instead of scorn his tinkering impressed the other students which allowed him to make some friends in helping other students in the creation of their weapons which was a win, win for Revya. He could keep making and working on interesting machines and he was finally making some friends through it. Then tragedy struck him again in a way that would be impossible for him to forget. He was working in the forge, helping a student he didn't really know get her weapon working right when a teacher came into the room with a somber expression. He was taken out of class and informed that his brother's team had been sent out their first mission while unaccompanied by a Hunter and had all been killed. While this had saddened Revya at the time it also hardened his resolve to become a Huntsman now that he was honoring his brother's memory along with all of his previous reasons to become one.  Revya wound up repeating his final year at Signal in order to be absolutely sure he was ready to attend beacon.

Personality: Revya initially comes of as incredibly shy as he has a hard time speaking with those he hasn't already befriended and due to his parents deaths he is extremely shy around faunas and is distrusting of them however it takes very little to dissolve his prejudices. Once he has befriended someone his shyness almost completely dissolves and he will become incredibly friendly and talkative, willing to dive into almost anything his friends are doing just in order to spend time with the people he likes to be around. The one thing he can talk about even around complete strangers is anything mechanical and something that has caused a lot of issues for him is suggesting improvements for students weapons which has had a tendency to get him into fights. He also happens to be a fan of drinking which is another way to get past his shyness. TLDR shy around those he doesn't know, talkative and friendly around those he does.

Aura and Semblance: Revya's aura is a bright orange in colour and has protective and healing properties of average levels with no quirks to it. His semblance allows him to create 5 blasts of darkness that directly damage the target they strike and if all 5 in a salvo strike the same target that target is paralyzed for a time dependent on how much aura Revya used to create the attack. (minimum 5% aura for the attack) The victim is paralyzed for 1 second for every 1% of aura used in the attack, however the victim can break the paralysis by sacrificing aura equivalent to the time left on their paralysis. (e.g. Someone who has 12 seconds left paralyzed can move again at the cost of 12% aura)The most aura Revya can put into a single salvo is 20% though it is very rare that he will do so .The blasts follow the target with good agility but will disappear if they impact something on their path (including the target's weapon). If his attack is interrupted or cancelled Revya still loses the aura he put into the attack.

Combat Behavior: Revya fights smart and re-actively as he is nowhere near as fast or strong as the majority of his opponents meaning he has to fight smart. His usual way of fighting is to wait for the enemy to attack, block and then counterattack. This is usually done by keeping the claymore ready blocking the enemies strike and slashing at them in return. Once he has gauged the enemies capabilities he will judge how he fights from there, whether he be forced to fight defensively using his wings which while excellent for defense cannot be used aggresively. or to fight at a range utilising the fire in his sword or to fight head on and with agility in scythe form he is prepared for almost any way of fighting. Unfortunately a lot of his technology relies on all the gears and inner workings working correctly together which can easily go wrong if struck too hard or just general breaking down which leaves his wing defense and ranged capabilities completely useless, given that he is so reliant on his wings for defense that it has become second nature to him if his wings break down he will become very vulnerable to attacks from behind. This also means that while he is agile and more capble of dodging when using scythe form he is so used to having the defense of his wings he is likely to try and use them even though they are not there. Also his equipment is very bulky when not in scythe form, meaning a speedy opponent will have an easy time running circles around him.

WEAPON

Name: Scarlet Slicer

Primary Form: Scarlet Slicer's primary form is divided into two parts. Part one is a relatively normal looking claymore except for odd openings running down the blade and a transparent part on the hilt which reveals multiple gears and dust chambers. The second part of Scarlet Slicer's primary form is mechanical bladed wings on Revya's back and shoulders which while unable to grant flight, do serve a purpose as after spending all of his free time at Signal working on and calibrating them he can manipulate these bladed wings with minor muscle movements which has now become second nature to him.

Secondary Form: Revya holds the claymore upwards and the wings on his back move up his arms and attach to the blade angling themselves at the blade's tip and the blade's hilt extends creating a scythe. Meanwhile the dust chambers within the claymore rotate around to the scythe form chambers.

Dust Functions: When in claymore form Scarlet Slicer uses fire dust which when ignited shoots out of the gaps in the blade essentially creating a fireball that is flung from the blade in the direction the tip is pointing. When in Scythe form the dust chambers change to one's full of kinetic dust which can be fired off which Revya uses in a way similar to the sniper rifle on Crescent rose.

History: Made by Revya during his time at Signal. Still being worked on and improved.

Vehicle

Name: Ladybug

description:Ladybug is a  motorcycle that's paneling is made from the same material as Revya's weapon and has a similar paint job causing it to look like it is made from some sort of crystal, This makes the bike hard to damage and even makes it difficult to scratch the paint.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 10:43:44 AM by arcus_gray »
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Kaliot

• View Profile
Re: Revya "rev" Vermillion
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 10:26:24 AM »
Forgot the closing tags for Ladybug's descript.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Characters: ShowHide

Sophea Devi Visorith - Beacon Nurse, Gardener, Health Nut, Scholar
Mao Visorith - First-Year Beacon Student, Team SFF[M]
Aurelia Caelius - Beacon Graduate, Huntress, Team [A]URM
Izumi Cremisi - Member of Obsidian Rose, Assassin, Thief, Arcade Enthusiast
Airi Fogden Bicardi - Second-Year Atlas Student, Family Heiress
Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]
Yu Mei - Third-Year Haven Student
Suna Arevik - First-Year Shade Student, Scavenger-in-Training, Team S[S]MR
Mara Lev - Mercenary, de facto Leader of Siren

Worldbuilding: ShowHide

Mahava Plains - The bastion of Eastern Sanus
Obsidian Rose - Valish Criminal Organization

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Re: Revya "rev" Vermillion
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 10:44:08 AM »
Fixed it.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime