Author Topic: Stargazing [Open]  (Read 24314 times)

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
Stargazing [Open]
« on: May 18, 2018, 11:35:51 PM »
The window's locked.

Prism's brow furrows from where she hovers in front of the window to team Casanova's dorm. She'd left it unlocked when she went to the library earlier that night, and now it was nearly 3 in the morning - the perfect time to sneak back in and try to nab a quick nap before waking up with the team first thing. Usually someone's alarm would sound before the nightmares hit, so it worked out about half the time. But Jocelyn or Amane had probably locked it up before sleeping, and as Prism stared through the window, she could see her keycard taunting her from it's place on her desk. Prism raises her hand to knock, but glancing in reveals the utterly comatose state of her teammates, she - she - She can't bring herself to wake them up.

Looks like she was locked out for the night, but that's not terribly unusual.

With a sigh, another light breeze kicked up, and Prism soars up to the roof of the building. Landing on the flat top of the dorm, Prism settles down with a light "thump", before sitting on the roof. Setting the drawstring bag on her shoulder next to her, she digs through it to withdraw a worn scroll and a pair of earbuds, popping one in before digging once again for a bag of grapes and laying back. She might as well enjoy her time outside - it was a nice enough night, mostly cloudless with the broken moon shining high above.

Time to wait it out 'till morning.
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

L-Money

• View Profile
Re: Stargazing [Open]
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 12:28:45 AM »
To the untrained ear, the grunting noises sounded... inappropriate.

Billy had lost track of time training, and throwing fits in frustration. She had snuck onto the roof to do some private training with her semblance so no one could see it. She had started when the sun went down. There was this trick her dad used to do with his semblance that she wanted to see if she could do, but all she got was a whole lot of nothing. His trick was that his semblance lasso was strong enough that he could pull himself to an object that was stationary and use that momentum to make himself faster. Billy couldn't do that with her semblance. She would hook the light rope around one of the pipes on the top of the roof and pull with all her might. Only instead of moving, her semblance lasso would break. There wasn't even a dent in the pipe.

Billy felt tears well up in her eyes. She cursed loudly not caring who heard.
Beacon First Year Student:
Leona Koningsblauw Profile Team LGGR
Billy Bone Profile Team BSSM
Attom Goldwyn profile CAST

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 03:37:33 AM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 11:27:27 PM by . »

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 03:46:37 AM »
Returning home late from a rather successful dance recital Calen was in a good mood. Clad in far more colourful clothing than normal, white jacket with flairs going down to his knees and an ornate gold trim over an equally gaudy red undershirt and his black slacks had orange-gold designs down the side of each leg. Together, although it looked quite splendid from the stage, it was simply too much in close quarters. Fairly tired from his day out as well as diet or lack there of Calen still couldn't quite go to bed yet, a curse from above had drawn his curiosity and Calen wasn't about to let his curiosity go unsatisfied. Shooting up to the source of the noise with his semblance Calen let is stage outfit flutter madly in the wind creating a comically, almost cartoon characterish, over the top entrance.

'Please be mindful of the smaller pipes ears young miss, what ever problem you have with it's mother I'm sure can be dealt with cordially.' Calen remarks, sarcasm dripping off every word as the gaunt boy smiles his best choir boy smile. Settling down on the half wall that surrounds their section of the roof Calen gives Amane a small wave and continued more seriously. 'It is pretty late darling, or early I suppose, I'm sure whatever you need to be done will be there to do in the morning... but that doesn't mean we have to meet it sleeping. What can I do to help?' Calen offered in uncharacteristic kindness. Like always Calen's action are never truly benevolent but he did understand if his more unsavoury characteristics were to be dismissed as rumour there would have to be at least as many positive as negative circling around the school.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 04:44:58 AM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 11:17:31 PM by . »

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 10:13:43 AM »
Prism's zoned out, lost in the music emanating from her earbuds. Still staring at the sky, she doesn't notice the frustrated Billy or the arrival of Calen until a blanket's thrown over her shoulders - starting slightly, before watching Amane descend back to their room. She turns towards the source of the noise, watching as the poor girl is nearly moved to tears with her frustration, and Calen... tries to help?

Calen, that weird dude who insulted her that one time and tried to hide it. She still has that ringtone on her phone. Taking out her earbuds and leaving the scroll on her bag, she stands up and pads across the roof. She glances over to Calen once, barely repressing her snort at his outfit, before sliding in and placing herself just slightly between the newest arrival and the frustrated girl. "Um, yeah. Hate to bother your work, but what's up? Anything we could do to help?"
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 10:43:22 AM »
Billy jumped when Calen spoke. Billy should have known people would hear her. As she tried to stutter out a sentence asking if Calendar or Prism saw her lasso but then, some guy, who looked liked he jumped straight from an ice skating anime and on to the roof, joined them. Just as quickly as Calendar was in her life she practically disappeared leaving behind a real rope and climbing gear. But Billy was touched by the other students kindness of wanting to help. So she wiped away the tears and nodded.

"I'm trying to do this trick with my semblance where it is supposed to pull me forward instead of pulling something toward me. And I- it- it's hard. I'm not even sure if it's possible for me." she explained. She looked down and took off her hat, messing with her braided hair.

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 02:31:25 AM »
'I'm pretty sure we form teams of four but sweet dreams Miss Petrichor.' Calen calls out as Amane makes her way back into her room the second time. A strange, confused tenor dominated the gaunt boy's voice as his mind tried and failed to remember through the strange girl's semblance. Shaking his head to re-orientate himself Calen nodded a greeting at Prism. 'Good evening Mis-Prism.' Calen remarked before sparing a look at his fogwatch and correcting himself. 'Well morning I suppose but let's not bother with that quite yet.'

Springing up Calen approached Billy slowly and offered the girl a handkerchief. 'So what seems to be the problem? Can't make the rope strong enough or does it loose or dissipate too quickly for you to move? I'm not terribly familiar with construct semblances so you might have to use small words.' Calen smiled his most reassuring smile although his sunken cheeks combined with the surrounding darkness didn't help the affect.

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 10:17:27 AM »
"Don't mind Amane, she kinda runs on her own agenda. And hey, you managed to remember my first name instead of just my last, I'm impressed" Prism offers Calen the explanation, a teasing note to her voice as he fixes his words. She takes a step to the side as he approaches, letting him offer Billy the hankerchief - but still staying within close proximity to the other faunus.

As Billy explains the problem, she thinks for a moment "What Calen said - could it maybe be like, and upper-body strength problem for you as well? Or can you not make it shorten to pull you, or...?" She lets herself trail off, gesturing for Billy to fill them in.

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 07:30:47 PM »
Billy started to feel very stupid.

"I actually didn't try running while I used my semblance yet... I've been trying to pull myself while standing in one spot with my semblance."

Billy started to laugh at her self. Man, she really was going at this the wrong way.

"And now I think I'm all out of juice for my semblance..."

She picked up the rope and weighed it in her hand.

"You know I don't think I've ever tried using a rope like this before. Yall know how to do it?" She asked letting her Vaccuo accent slip out.

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2018, 04:35:26 AM »
'My memory is one of my few positive traits.' Calen joked giving an exaggerated bow before nodding in understanding. 'I'll endeavour not to take it personally then but I'm sure we all have interesting team mates. I must say I was quite dismayed when I learned of the practice but it has grown on me some what...like a mould.' Calen continues smiling as he pockets the unwanted hankerchief.

Turning back towards Billy Calen gestured to the rope. 'Honda knot right? Had a bit of a cowboy phase when I was younger but lack the coordination for it. But it's not that complex a knot but....' Calen began before turning around looking in vain for Amane to ask a few questions about the rope, elasticity, friction, weight, blah. 'It might not be a 100% cross over given the rope isn't 100% your rope but it's better than nothing. Do you need a hand tying the honda knot? If your semblance always does it might to be quick to come to mind.' Calen offered hand outstretched.

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2018, 11:44:44 PM »
Prism takes a step back, gesturing for Calen to take the lead. "'Fraid that's not one of the knots I'm familiar with, but it is better than nothing, so it's a step in the right direction." She tilts her head towards the rope, thinking for moment. "I've had to borrow that from Amane on occasion - It's paracord, so it's pretty elastic, and fairly smooth too. Not sure how that'll compare to your aura constructs."

Her head then cocks to the side, thinking more about Billy's comments about her semblance. "It might be worth trying out moving while you use your semblance, it'd certainly offer more utility in battle - I can offer to spare with you sometime, if you'd like. Your semblance would definitely be interesting to go up against."

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 03:37:32 AM »
Billy put the rope in Calen's outstretched hand. She sheepishly waited for him to tie the rope. It felt weird not being the expert at something that she uses half the time.

"Yeah, it is very stretchy. My lasso is pretty stiff compared to this one, but it'll do." Billy said to the two as she waited for the rope to get tied. "I've been told that I have to practice moving while in battle a couple of times. Can't be relying on the quick shot and cover for tournaments I guess." She says putting her hat back on. "So what are yall doing up so late at night?"

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 08:05:57 AM »
'Might also be worth keeping a rope or two on your person, don't want to run out of your semblance mid fight. I must confess I would be the first to take advantage of that in a tournament.' Calen remarked as he took the rope and started tying. Holding it openly so both Prisim and Billy could easily see it still took Calen three attempts to successfully link the multiple overhand knots together into an acceptable Honda knot. 'So yea there you go, the stopper knot is important but be careful it doesn't take up to much of the rope.' Calen explained handing the newly lasso'ed rope back to Billy.

'I had a dance show which went pretty late and then there was an after party but I had to leave before it got too out of control.' Calen responded straightening his clothes out. 'So do you want to continue trying out on the pipes or would prefer are more human target?' Calen offered finally gesturing at himself.

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2018, 11:13:27 PM »
"Speedy McSpeedster here is good if you want a fast-moving target, I'm good if you want one in the air." Prism helpfully adds on, flicking her wings out for emphasis. "I just don't sleep much in general, I was at the library before I came here - the window was locked to my dormroom and I left my keycard inside, but Amane left it open for later- so I'm fine, but probably won't be able to fall asleep anyways." She finishes with a shrug.