Author Topic: Welcome to Shade Academy [Closed][VLPS]  (Read 13181 times)

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    No such thing as too much enthusiasm.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to Shade Academy [Closed][VLPS]
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 04:43:08 PM »
Walking behind the other three girls, Sona shows at small, amused grin at the girl's question. "I'm more interested in the title, rather than a particular field of study." she says, almost distractedly in tone. "Though I bet I'll enjoy them with all of you!" she adds, as if she forgot to say so.

"I haven't had much in the way of formal training more... practical experience, so it'll be all new to me. Hope you'll help me out while I adjust!" she says, with an almost bubbly tone. Though that bubbliness fades as she asks "What about you girls? Combat school graduates?".
First year @ Beacon: Sherwood Cathasaigh - Leader of Team ASPN

First year @ Shade: Sona Aurelia - Member of Team VLPS

Head of Archaeology @ Shade Academy:  Dr. Richard Pelle - Graduate of Team RALE

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 05:07:47 PM »
"I'm self-taught, actually. I tested into Shade." Seeing an opportunity to make a new friend, she- perhaps too eagerly- added, "You're welcome to borrow any of my books if you like! I'll even help you study!"

In her haste to answer Sona, Patchouli almost forgot to respond to Lynae's question. Regaining her composure, she granted her an unintentionally curt and awkward bow. "Oh sorry, Lynae... Um, I like Grimm studies the best, but I need the most help in Team Tactics... can it be a tie?"

The team rounded a corner and now found themselves in a hall marked "Independent Study," though the "study" part of that seemed a rather loose statement. There was a library, yes, but also firing ranges for marksmanship practice and a couple of locked rooms. It seems the "independent" aspect was also taken loosely, as these locked rooms had a notice posted reading, "The sparring chambers are for use only with official staff supervision."
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2016, 01:52:14 PM »
"A tie? Sure. Ah, Grimm studies" Lynae reminisced. "I love the smell of burnt Grimm in the morning." She said with a grin, stretching her arms out. Seeing the firing range and the library so close to each other made Lynae giggle, though as she glanced at the door to the library she sighed. Unless every book in there was 'Ninjas of Love' or 'How to kill your Grimm 101 First Edition Special Edition (Lynae was still working on the title of her definitive Grimm slaying guide that she'll probably forget about during the week, that she was thinking of starting)', she wasn't interested.

"Oh, and yes, I went to Oasis Academy, though I began training in aura with my dad long before that, as I already said. That's actually were I made my weapons,Bolla Ballerino." Lynae lifted her arms and as her bracelets shifted down into gauntlets.

"I basically only use these to spice up my Semblance, which is why it may seem less extravagant than other weapons."

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2016, 06:57:06 PM »
Vidalia stopped paying attention to the girls speak. She did follow them to into the firing range but stayed in her little wonderland. Maybe of she bothered to actually be interacting with her team she wouldn't- and there it is. Vidalia was going to sit on the floor and watch her team practice but instead the wall wanted her to hug it so now her face hurts. She rubbed it to ease the pain, lucky it only lasted for a few seconds before going away. She hoped no one saw her.
Noctis Quartz#8E44AD - 1st yr Beacon student, Medic of Team ASPN "This might hurt...a lot. So don't cry"

Vidalia Umbra#FBF9AB- 1st yr Shade Academy student, Overactive child of Team VLPS "Maybe you can give me a cupcake."

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2016, 01:56:37 PM »
Sona looks over Patchouli as she offers to help her. She cocks an eyebrow, and her eyes narrow a bit. "...Thank you." she says quietly, and Patchouli moves on to responding to Lynae.

Sona continues to watch carefully as Lynae discusses her earlier training. Her eyes even narrow a slight bit more when Lynae speaks fondly of her father. A wry smirk crosses her face when Lynae complains lightly about her weapon. "I'm sure it's a fine weapon Lynae. Seems silly to belittle a weapon you made yourself!" she says, not letting her observant expressions display in her voice. Her tone is that like a happy school girl, one who doesn't think too hard about things she just might be.

Sona glances over to Vidalia, who was rubbing her nose, oddly enough. One amused expression later, Sona turns back to the talking pair, apparently satisfied in her observation. In more neutral tone she wonders aloud, "Grimm studies are fine I suppose. I can't help but think the classes on human opponents would be more challenging though." The cheerfulness returns and she adds, "I guess that'd be Ethics class right?"

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2016, 03:04:29 PM »
"Sona's right, Lynae, Patchouli said, explicitly stating the girls' names to help her remember them. "If anyone's got a useless weapon here, it's me..." She produced a single needle and held it in her hand, gently poking the end of it as if to show how nonlethal they were.

Just at that moment, a group of rowdy students rounded the corner ahead of them. The boys in front were laughing and one of them was cradling an object in his arms. Another boy chased them down screaming, his face twisted and reddened as though he were holding back tears. As they ran by, Patchouli flinched and the quills on her back flared up violently. It was quite a sight to see her holding out one tiny needle to defend herself as a whole sheet of needles stuck out of her back, menacing... nobody in particular.

Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2016, 03:29:45 PM »
Suprised, herself, at the crowd of boys making noise, Lynae jumped a bit; though her face switched from shock to a face best described as agitated when she perceived the boys had most likely stolen something from another student. Her eyes narrowed as she began to walk through the hall to the group of boys, her fists clenched in her stride. Lynae began to pick up the pace toward the group of boys and made a stop when all of them were in her line of sight.

"Hey, fellas'," Lynae said loud enough to br heard above the group. She raised her arms and clasped her hands together, whilst making a gesture to the rest of her team to 'come here'. Lynae separted her hands quickly forming bubbles of aura around her hands.

"Aura Bubble Barrage!  ARI ARI ARI!" Lynae shouted as she launched more turqoise spheres from her hands, purposely avoiding the boy she saw as the victim.

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2016, 02:28:37 AM »
Vidalia rubbed her face again to distract her mind however that was short lived since Lynae ran off the group of students who seemed to be bullying another student making her follow the blue haired student with Lunar beaker in hand. She kind of smiled seeing the blue haired girl try to scare them with her bubble and strange battle cry? Vidalia did appreciate Lynae’s bravery, but bubbles were not going to scare anyone no matter how deadly they are. Aiding in the situation Vidalia summons her green aura based secondary weapon and have them hanging over each of the boy’s heads. Obviously she made sure not to place one over the victim.

"If you weren't busy being jerks, maybe you'd see the swords above your heads,” Vidalia says with placing Lunar breaker up right so she could place her hands and rest her chin on the top of the sword.

" Idon’t like mean people. Are you mean people? Tell me the truth and maybe I'll forgive you.”

Vidalia knew the rules. If she harmed another student outside of combat she may get her permission to attend revoked. She needed to play this just right or else she might be in big trouble.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 02:32:50 AM by MissyMidna »
Noctis Quartz#8E44AD - 1st yr Beacon student, Medic of Team ASPN "This might hurt...a lot. So don't cry"

Vidalia Umbra#FBF9AB- 1st yr Shade Academy student, Overactive child of Team VLPS "Maybe you can give me a cupcake."

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2016, 12:07:00 PM »
Sona leans back on the wall as Vidalia joins Lynae in threatening the boys bullying the other. Her lips twist slightly, into a small smirk while a raised eyebrow expresses her amusement. When one of the jerks, as Vidalia so dubbed them glances in her direction, she gives him a furrowing look, one that says 'yes, I'm here too'. Then she winks at him, with a hint of a smile. The confusion on his face as he turns back to the others is priceless; she almost wants to laugh at him.

She makes no other attempt at joining the inquisition taking place here, watching the more enthusiastic members of the new team handle it. She watches the boys more than her team however, with an eye open for weapons or a sign this will get out of hand.

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2016, 01:22:12 PM »
Patchouli backed away from the fight that seemed to be breaking out ahead of her. She would come in if necessary, especially seeing as her decision not to fight left the two girls at a disadvantage against the three other boys, but at the same time Patchouli had no intention of getting into a fight on her first day here if she could avoid it. Instead, she turned to the victim of bullying and tried talking to him.

"Hey, um... Don't worry. I think..." No. Wrong. "I'm sure those two have this under control. Can you tell me what those boys took from you?" The boy looked directly at Patchouli, and she could now see the whiskers on his face. Some kind of rodent faunus, perhaps? He opened his mouth to reply, but then seemed to reconsider as he turned red once more and broke eye contact with Patchouli. Seeing this, Patchouli eased off. "It's okay, you don't have to tell me. Whatever it is, we'll... well, they'll get it back for you. How about we just sit and watch for now?" She wondered whether saying "for now" was a good idea. The boy nodded nonetheless, and the two of them sat against the wall.

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2016, 01:23:22 PM »
"Maybe not the best idea I've ever had to get in a fight day one, especially at a disadvantage, but I've seen worse." Lynae remarked as the bubbles flew toward their targets at a high speed. Back-stepping quickly, the bubble-wielder made her way behind Vidalia, as she seemed to be more of a close-ranged fighter.

The girl smirked at the small gang in front of her, almost laughing at the situation; first day of school, haven't even gone to class yet and she picks a fight with her fellow students. This couldn't be any better.  Lynae eased now that she was behind Vidalia, not in a strong fighting stance.

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2016, 03:23:54 PM »
Vidalia looked over at her other teammates seeing if they had any suggestions on how to further handle the situation. Lynae seemed to back off  on the threat idea and Patchouli went to speak to the victim. Sona was the only one who hadn't really reacted much? With that in mind Vidalia looked at Sona then spoke.

"What do you think we should do with them?"
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 03:32:12 PM by MissyMidna »

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2016, 05:00:09 PM »
Sona blinks quickly and brushes a lock of hair over shoulder when Vidalia turns to her, seemingly to disguise her shape gaze directed at the interlopers.

"I don't know Vidi. We don't know what is going on. Maybe get some explainations?" Sona says with a bit of the higher pitched 'valley girl' tone from earlier mixing into her speech. She looks pointedly at the boys, encouraging them to speak up. (Though encouraging is putting it lightly.)

Sona says leaning on the wall, though her hands drift behind her back, as if that's a more comfortable position.

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2016, 07:01:44 PM »
"Uhh... heh heh..." one of the boys (let's call him "A") started, glancing with trepidation between Sona and the blades hovering above him. "We were just, y'know, playing around with the kid. Right, buddy?" He turned to the boy on his left (how about "B?") for support, but watching him get smacked silly by a bunch of bubbles hardly made this any easier. Bully A kowtowed to his aggressors, offering them the rectangular object (from here clearly a book of some description) he had stolen. "This is all we took! Just a harmless prank, see?"

The third punk (how about "Z," cuz that's edgy) was less inclined to surrender. Upon seeing his teammate get pummeled by bubbles, he raised his voice to Lynae. "Oi! Where do you get off assaultin' an innocent lad unprovoked?! I'll see you burned for that!" Off the thug's belt came a little rod which flicked out to a baton. A dust mechanism superheated the business end of the weapon, making it visibly more threatening. Kid B rubbed his cheek and nodded agreement.

Patchouli addressed the boy she had sat down with. "So I guess those guys are your teammates?" The boy nodded. "That's rough... Tell you what, I'll have those girls make sure your team won't pick on you again after this, mmkay?" It wasn't meant as a joke, but Patchouli got a weak laugh out of the boy anyway. "Okay," he finally spoke. "Thanks for your help... I'm Jon, by the way." Patchouli was relieved to finally have him talking... she thought she was bad, but this guy was a whole new level of shy. It was beginning to get a little awkward talking at him. She gave a warm smile and shook Jon's hand. "Patchouli. Nice to meet you, Jon."

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2016, 01:58:47 PM »
"Mmhm. Toasty. Are you very, very sure that you want to proceed with what you're implying? Pick your next words very carefully." Lynae was trying to be threatening. She wasn't to good at a scary voice, but she knew she could probably just kick their asses if they didn't back off. It was a possible four versus three, so she quite fancied her chances.

The girl gave a shrug, one that said, 'your choice', as she brushed her blue hair away from her eye.