Author Topic: Aca's Amazing Adventure! [Closed - RWND]  (Read 7894 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
Aca's Amazing Adventure! [Closed - RWND]
« on: November 11, 2017, 12:34:24 AM »
Aca bounded out of Haven's library, her scroll gripped tightly in her left hand, and ran across the campus greens toward the first year dorms. The library usually wasn't her scene, admittedly, she was more accustomed to hanging out on the greens and talking with other students or exchanging weapon tips. HOWEVER! Today was special, verrrry special, because today Aca had finally cracked the code, untangled the knot, decrypted the cipher, solved for x. Today was special because classes had finally let out for a few days following the midterm exams. Today was special because she finally had a plan for her team.

Aca burst through the door to the dorm building, nearly shouldering a shocked professor Plum who got nothing more than a quick "Sorry!" as Aca rounded a corner toward her hallway. Her team team, to tell the truth, had been underpreforming over the half a year they'd spent at Haven and she wasn't free of blame for that. Being the leader wasn't something she'd prepared for, she wasn't tactically minded, she couldn't play support, she wasn't her sister; thank god for small favors.

That was about to change though, she could feel it. Today was the start of something amazing.

Aca placed her hand onto the handle of her dorm and practically crashed through the door.

"We're going on an adventure!"
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Re: Aca's Amazing Adventure! [Closed - RWND]
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 06:11:31 AM »
Lavender yelped as Aca burst into the room, almost dropping her coffee in the process, and grimaced at the idea of having to clean up a brown stain on her shirt. Luckily she caught her mug and glared at ther overly excited leader after checking her clothing and wondered what could be so exciting about a simple mission.

Aca was clearly hyped up about the whole thing so Lavender decided to humor her, it wasn't everyday they went out on a mission but given the size of Mistral it could take place anywhere from just outside the city to all the way to the coast. "I wouldn't really call a mission for first years an Adventure but it sure beats lying around here all day." Lavender said, taking a sip of coffee as she inspected her scroll for notifications. "So, what did you get us, Aca? Please don't say community service, I hate picking up other people's trash."
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 08:01:04 AM »
Bas was lying in her bed with her legs propped up against the wall, casually thumbing through a book of paintings. She's hardly the most studious person but the midterms had at least been a semi-enjoyable challenge though useless for artistic inspiration, hence the book.

Hearing the force that the door was opened with Bas shot a quick concerned glance at Aca. As soon as she heard what her seemingly upsidedown leader said she kicked off the wall and did what can only be described as a lying backflip, landed on her feet off the bed, spun around to face Aca with a massive grin. "Count me in!"

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

Capta1n_Henry

• Personal Text
    I'll decide your fate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 09:46:01 AM »
Ramm was sitting on his bed, listening to music with eyes clothes, completely relaxed until Aca burst into the room, causing him to almost fall onto the floor. He took off his headphones and stood up in a panic, only to realize it was his energetic teammate.

"Geez, you scared the crap out of me Aca," Ramm said as he sat back down on his bed, rubbing his head. "What'd you have in mind? Some kind of Grimm hunt, maybe a search and rescue? Oh, are we going to another kingdom? he said in a sarcastic tone, obvious enough for anyone to pick up on.

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 07:48:25 AM »
"No, we're not picking up trash!" Aca happily scoffed at Lavender. "Especially not after I had to pick up a used doggy bag last time..." She said quietly as her face dropped for a moment before returning to its normal happy demeanor. "But no! We are going on something much more exciting!" She glanced toward Ramm and added, "Well, maybe not as exciting as going to another kingdom, but it's up there! I think."

Aca paused and looked to her left, to her desk. It was filled with unfinished papers, drawings, scrapped designs, the works. She looked to her right, to Lavender's desk. It was clean and clear, not even a single scrap of left over paper dirtied it's pristine wooden surface.

Aca quickly leaned right, gripped the desk with her free hand, and slowly slid it to the center of the room, causing a cup of pens to topple over onto the floor.

"I'll uh... I'll pick that up. Later." Aca said apologetically before opening her scroll into the tablet mode and placing it onto the desk for the other three to gather around. "For now, let's get down to business! This is an off the books mission, set up completely by yours truly." She said proudly as she put her hand to her chest.

The scroll was open to a map of somewhere south of Kuchinashi, a small village labeled as Bungaraya was a situated at the bottom of what looked to be a small valley.

"That there is an old abandoned village from the Greyed War and it is supposedly chock full of treasures." Aca grinned as she looked at each of the faces of her teammates.

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 12:45:20 AM »
Frowning at the scattered pencils and pens on the floor Lavender eventually just sighed and accepted the half-hearted excuse, she wasn't really that bothered but did wonder if her pencil leads didn't snap from the drop. As Aca continued her explanation, the excitement practically being contagious, Lavender felt herself getting riled up as well at the mention of an abandoned village. Sure she wasn't exactly an archaeological buff but if it meant team bonding then she was all for it, and at the moment it didn't seem like that bad of an idea. Some  grimm slaying, treasure hunting, and maybe even some discovery of old secrets that were long lost and it would be perfect. To think that a bunch of first years would be able to get such an awesome mission despite their inexperience, the teachers were probably gonna send a chaperone though, maybe that's why it was an off-the-books mission.

Wait, off the books? Did that mean Aca just researched everything and wanted to go on an unpermitted mission by themselves? Impressive but reckless and Lavender definitely didn't want her teammates to get into that kind of trouble. "By off the books do you mean...not Haven sanctioned? Lavender worriedly asked, "Or is it like some super secret mission, which of course sounds cooler but..why us?

Lavender tried sounding casual about it but some sliver of worry slipped out. She didn't want to be a kill joy but she also didn't want to ruin a perfect opportunity. Well, if the team really wanted to do it they could just justify it later with their findings, hopefully.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 12:46:59 AM by Xarias Fury »
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 08:34:27 AM »
"Weeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllll..." Aca began in a high pitched voice before turning from the table and pacing around the room near the door which she only now noticed she hadn't bothered closing. "If I say it's a super secret mission that was given to me because professor Baris sees a lot of potential in us, would you believe me orrrrrr....?" She asked quickly as she closed the door, only to be met by a look of judgment from Lav.

"Point taken." Aca said with raised hands while making her way back to the table. "I uh, did all the research myself." She tapped on the scroll and the image changed to a text document detailing many of the old settlements that were left abandoned during the greyed war because of Grimm or the Vale/Vacuo alliance. "See, I heard some older kids talking, third or forth year I think. Probably." Aca put her fist up against her lips for a moment. "Either way," she began as she took her fist away, "they were talking about some old treasure they were supposed to be going after soon, that was abooooutt a week ago..." Aca tapped the screen again and it moved back to the map. "They couldn't have gone during mid terms because mid terms, so the earliest they could go is today. BUT!" Aca tapped once more on the scroll and it changed to a picture of an uncomfortable looking pilot. "I... well, let's just say bribed. I bribed one of the pilots to give US a flight over there and no one else!"

Aca stepped back, placed her hands on her hips, closed her eyes, and looked slightly up. "My fool proof plan to get us some goodies."

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 02:59:16 PM »
Bastet's excitement was obvious from the get-go, however even she showed a bit of restraint on the "off the books" nature of their mission. It was however brief, she had known Aca for long enough and trusted her intrinsically. Seeing that the others weren't all that pumped up she decided to back up Aca. "Heck forget going to another country, they're all the same or covered in ice anyways. A village far away from the city limits and decades abandoned, now we're talking." She sat down on Lav's desk with her usual grin however her cat ears were a bit low and showed that she still had some concerns.

As Aca continued explaining the plan Bas was playing along, listening closely and laughed at the super secret part. As soon as Aca mentioned the bribed pilot Bas' ears perked right up, she had been concerned how they were going to get there but as usual Aca had it covered. Looking at the uncomfortable expression of the pilot in the photo Bas mockingly asked "What on Remnant did you do to the poor pilot?"

With her opinions pretty apparent she gave Aca a bit of a wink before looking back at the others to see if they were inn.

Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)

Capta1n_Henry

• Personal Text
    I'll decide your fate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 09:45:17 PM »
Ramm gave Aca a bit of a skeptical look as he heard her somewhat nonsensical plan, not believing words from a girl he had only known for a little while. He got up off of his bed and walked over to see if her proof was real and did seem to be so. The beetle Faunus rubbed his chin as he looked at photos, the one of the ship pilot making him chuckle as he walked back to his bed to get his stuff ready. "I suppose you're right," he responded to Bastet as he laid his armor on his bed, "When do we leave, Aca? I imagine soon but specifics are nice."

With a warm smile, Ramm put his two weapons next to his armor and looked at his team leader for orders.

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 02:01:16 AM »
Lavender was on the fence about the whole thing but felt that a mission like this would benefit their team greatly. As it was she didn't feel entirely at home with them, being new to the whole team system and all, but she did however believe that they could do great things if they worked together. It was true that the professors and instructors would rather give more dangerous missions to higher-yeared students but Lavender saw firsthand what it was like to be in team RWND.

Aca's enthusiasm wasn't just for show, for instance because just like Lavender, she seemed like there was this barrier she wanted to overcome, perhaps related to that sister she mentioned offhandedly before. Bastet on the other hand seemed like she yearned for something more than what she had, and this mission was a good place to start. Ramm was the quiet one, and Lavender wanted to see him open up some more to his fellow teammates. Overall the pros outweighed the cons and Lav's mind was set.

"I'm game. She declared, standing up straight with her chest puffed out. "I think this would be a good experience for us. That is if Aca doesn't do something that'll get us all killed. So, let's do it!"
Students

Professors

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 09:45:34 AM »
"Okay first of all, I didn't do anything to him, Bas." Aca said as she shot a playfully annoyed look toward her teammate. "I paid him! My mom sends me money each month for Dust... they uh, they don't know I don't use Dust." Aca turned to Lavender and continued. "Second of all, when have I ever gotten us killed?" She raised a finger to the purple haired girl and whispered, "Never."

Finally she turned to Ramm as she grabbed her scroll and closed it with a click. "Well then you'll be happy to know we'll be leaving right n-"

"-ow." Aca rubbed her hand across the back of her head as the airship landed onto the ground with a slight bounce of the landing wheels, sending the young girl slightly up into the air and against the metal wall. "Ah, gods..." The stinging pain quickly faded as she tightly closed her eyes and rose from her seat, making doubly sure not to hit any bits of metal this time.

As Aca stepped off the airship, her team closely in tow, she looked around at where they'd landed. It was a clearing in the woods, with the trees picking back up about a dozen or so meters away in all directions. The woods themselves were sparse but with incredibly tall trunks whose canopies stretched over one another, covering the heavily overcast sky almost entirely from view. Off in the distance, through the cracks and slivers of light between trees, Aca could see the faint outline of crumbling buildings.

"Well." She said plainly, turning to her teammates and gesturing back to the trees. "I'll be honest, I didn't think we'd get here so easy." She turned back and moved slightly to the left to try and get a better view. "Well now that we're here, who wants to be lead scavenger?" The girl asked, turning from her spot to face her team once more. "I vote Bas!" A large, happy grin spread across her face as she locked eyes with the Vacuan.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:50:06 AM by Dr. Gustave »

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 09:12:25 PM »
Bas spent most of the flight gazing through a window at the landscape that was speeding by. She had always loved flying. Not for the technology or the necessarily the destination, she just adored getting a birdseye perspective, however the overcast weather did kinda spoil it. Despite the clouds, it was still a warm enough day that as soon as Bas was off the flight she took her jacket off and tied it around her waist. Finding Grimm in an abandoned place like this would hardly be surprising, so wasn't a bad idea to be ready for a fight.

She was mid-stretch as Aca remarked how easy everything had been so far, Bas gave her leader a shocked look and told her off with the most sincere incredulity. "Well now you've jinxed us!" she tried her best to keep a straight face but really couldn't pull it off.

Looking at their surroundings she was quite pleased with how the aircraft looked, parked in the clearing of the trees, and decided to take a picture with her scroll. Turning back to the group she asked "What does a lead scavenger even do?" Faced with the Aca's grin she could hardly say no and responding with a smirk "I mean I'll bite." Not wanting to leave the others out she quickly added "I'm also perfectly happy with either of you two doing, well, whatever she has planned."

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 06:43:08 PM »
Aca paused her grin and put her fist up to her chin in thought. "I'unno." She said simply. "I just know that Vacuo has scavengers. That seems appropriate for this... right?" She took her first away and raised both hands up in question. "You're from Vacuo, I'm sure you can figure it out!" She said happily as she made her way away from the treeline back to the airship. She hadn't realized how hot and humid it was until now as a drop of sweat slid down the side of her face. It reminded her of home, whether that was a good or bad thing, Aca wasn't quite sure. Either way, she hadn't put her current outfit together until after she'd left the jungle and she wasn't about to start sweating her ass off in the jacket now.

"I've got faith in you, Vacuo buddy!" She said as she slid her jacket off and threw it into the airship.

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2017, 09:23:37 PM »
Lavender sighed and stood next to Bastet as Aca volunteered her for the job. Lavender grew up in the city so she had no idea even where to start looking so someone else leading was a good start, it did unsettle her however that Aca didn't know where exactly they were going.

"I guess Aca wants you to search for clues or the like," Lavender said, backpack hanging off her shield on her back with her spear stored in its shorter sword form, "I'd volunteer as lead if I had any idea what it meant doing but unfortunately that's not the case but I trust Aca at least knows the general direction we're searching in. Giving Aca a stern gaze Lavender wanted to at least affirm that they weren't going on some random goosechase in the middle of gods-knows where. She kept an analog compass just in case, a small trinket she got from her sea-faring dad, to find their way back if they did get lost. Since missions generally also took quite a while, weeks for some even, Lavender prepared a few food stuffs in her backpack as well as a change of clothes, a flashlight, and other miscellaneous camping equipment.

"Also, I wouldn't lose the jacket if I were you, Aca. It might rain and suddenly get colder, or we might have to stay for more than a night. Lavender added, her expression softening up, "I trust the rest of you at least brought some basic camping equipment, I don't think this is going to be a walk in the park."

Students

Professors

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2017, 10:17:55 PM »
"Pffft! Rain, shmain!" Aca retorted, waving her hand dismissively toward Lavender. "I grew up in the jungle, I'm sure I can take a little drizzle." Despite her carefree demeanor, she did look up from the airship into the dark overcast sky. It was going to rain, that much was obvious, but to her credit, she had been out in some nasty storms back home. None out in the wilderness though. "'sides, I like being out in the rain." She said, turning around to face her team. "It's, uh, relaxing..." The slightest bit of embarrassment escaped her voice as she spoke but she did her best to ignore it. "Anyway, if we get into trouble I can just call top gun here and he can come back to pick us up! Right, buddy?" She slapped her hand against the metal twice, only to get silence in response. "... Right."