Author Topic: Tongues of Fury [invite]  (Read 11899 times)

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
Re: Tongues of Fury [invite]
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2017, 09:57:49 AM »
Lyssa gave a legitimate grin at the girl's questioning. "I've picked fights with much, much worse opponents than you. I'm used to getting my ass kicked. But you? No, I don't think you could fucking touch me. If I didn't just get hit by a rolling bomb, you and I both know how quickly that shit would end. Consider yourself lucky." Then, suddenly, the realization hit her. She visibly grimaced as it occurred to her, no longer finding as much amusement from the situation.

'Fuuuck.' This girl, packed with foolish pride, willing to take on an opponent quite obviously out of her league. It was like looking at a mirror. The idea that herself and this gnome had similarities disgusted her, really, but it was hard to deny. She had probably done something just like this a dozen times throughout her first two years. And, much like she was planning to do for Wisteria, she had been put in her place on many of those occasions. Hopefully, the brat would be a bit more perceptive and would learn her lesson after the first time.

"... Tell ya' what. Let's have our little battle. If you are really able to whoop me, I'll replace your precious dust and more." She had calmed down a bit at this point, though seeing as the girl wasn't backing down, she pressed on. "But, when I stomp your ass into the dirt, all I'd like is an apology. How's that sound to you, princess?"
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 10:37:07 AM »
"You're so going to regret challenging me. I'll show you who's the twerp. "

Pulling her dagger out of her belt sheathe she extended it to a full sized sabre and grinned. Luckily she still had some dust in this at least. Her gloves had a few vials worth as well. More than enough for a beat-up bitch.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 10:44:29 AM by Xarias Fury »
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2017, 11:49:11 AM »
Lyssa had been expecting for them to go to the arena for this fight, but seeing that Wisteria had already drawn her weapon, it didn't appear that the girl wanted to wait very long. The small crowd around them had created some distance, most likely wanting to avoid getting caught in the crossfire. Surely, a teacher or some other sort of staff would come across them fighting before the duel would even reach a conclusion. 'We'll just have to end this quickly, then.' If she was going to get in trouble, it would have to be worth it.

Taking her rifle in both hands, she flipped it around to point the barrel towards the ground before pressing a button on the side. Out of the butt of the weapon extended a long, one-sided blade that curved slightly towards the top. Now with the weapon in it's glaive form, she backed up a step, her gaze never leaving her target.

"Ready? ... Go."

While underequipped, Lyssa still had the advantage of skill. Almost immediately, she made a broad swing from the right towards Wisteria. Not wanting to let her get out of the way, she used her semblance to create a small barrier directly behind the girl, the only indication being the brief hum of it forming. If she could catch her off guard at the beginning, perhaps the fight would lean in her favor more.

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2017, 08:47:12 AM »
Wisteria honestly didn't know what to expect. She picked a fight with a higher yeared student who'd probably kick her butt, was low on dust, and also started the fight in broad daylight with a bunch of bystanders. It was definitely not one of her smartest choices.

Lyssa swung, her longer weapon closing the gap quickly, and Wisteria being used to keeping distance, leaped backwards. Or at least she tried to. An audible humming sound came from behind and blocked her retreat, stumbling her a bit and also opening her to a strong melee attack from an equally pissed off girl. Fumblimg with her weapon she takes a slash straight from the side which sends her sprawling to the side, her footwork clearly needing a bit more work and her pride taking an even harder hit from such a cheap tactic.

Shouting in anger Wisteria opened up with a wall of icicles spanning in a semi circle in front of her and a barrage of ice spears the second she caught sight of Lyssa again. She srill felt the damage from the blow earlier amd it was clear that in a melee bout she'd be at a disadvantage. Best thing she could attempt now is keeping her at range and hope her dust didnt run out.

Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2017, 10:36:12 AM »
After smacking Wisteria to the side with her weapon, Lyssa felt a surge of confidence. Yes, her aura was low, but if she could simply focus on not getting hit, that wouldn't really be an issue. Of course, being the aggressive fighter that she was, she didn't want to go on the defensive just yet. It would be better to keep getting attacks in while her opponent was still attempting to recover. Still, she knew she could create two more barriers at the very least before her semblance would have to recharge.

Crouching down, she created another one of the translucent shields in front of herself, though this one was tilted forward almost like a ramp. After hearing the shattering of ice hitting the other side, she used the last of her charge to create another barrier that extended her ramp. Her defensive options would be limited after that, but she didn't particularly care. Getting back up, she started her charge up the makeshift slope, leaping at the end and over the wall of ice. Not having much room to swing, she instead went for a drop kick, aiming to drive both of her boots into Wisteria's head from above.

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2017, 08:28:40 AM »
Catalina passed by with his newly bought rounds and stopped when he saw his teammate facing a dropkick from above. Judging by her opponent who is probably a third or even fourth year and the fact that there is lots of people watching, she didn't asked for it. Well, not in the usual sense of asking, but rather drag herself into one.
Cat just watched as the fight resolve itself without asking or pulling his weapon. Better not do anything than to do something wrong, at least for now.
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2017, 11:01:11 AM »
Wisteria grimaced as Lyssa quickly closed distance but held her ground, aiming her left hand high up while shooting a blast of fire at her opponent's feet in the form of a fireball. She kept her sword nearby to parry any sudden weapon attacks but was still aching from the earlier side hit.

"Take this!
Students

Professors

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2017, 11:20:38 AM »
Suddenly, Lyssa couldn't see her opponent. That was probably a result of the fire that had surrounded her for a brief moment, her aura taking a hit as well. Still, the fireball hadn't stopped her kick from making contact. As she felt that, she pushed off of Wisteria, starting to spin her weapon back around. After landing on her feet again, she fired a shot at the girl from the rifle end of her weapon before turning it around yet again to make a diagonal swipe with the bladed side.

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2017, 11:32:22 AM »
Catalina takes note on what he can learn from the battle. Since he didn't know what lead to the fight, he didn't cheer for either of them.
"Yeah, that's a move I do too."
Cat decided that it's not yet time to intervene, but it's time to call in his weapon. It is going to take some time. He needs test his new rounds too.
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2017, 12:39:53 PM »
Wisteria groaned as the consecutive strikes hit her, it was all too fast and for the most part she didn't expect Lyssa to get through the blast at all.  First a stomp to the her raised arm, next a shot to her side followed  by slash. The attacks felt way harder now that she was regaining her cool which, oddly enough, was now that she was in the heat of battle. Talk about ironic.

Snapping back into action, Wisteria used some kinetic dust to power up her dash away while preparing a blast of lightning. She spread some ice around the ground once again but only as a sheen clear surface, already begining to melt.

[Color=9966cc]"Is that the best you can do?[/color] she jeered, zapping a bolt towards Lyssa, keeping her other arm slightly near the ground.
Students

Professors

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2017, 08:40:22 AM »
Lyssa kept her focus on her opponent as she turned her weapon around, able to clearly see her once again. Even with the brat yelling at her, she kept her mouth shut, wanting to avoid getting aggravated again. She pretty much lived for combat, but so far this wasn't proving to be as exciting of a match as she had originally hoped. While she still had to play it a little carefully, the competition was definitely becoming more leveled with each attack she made. Watching each of Wisteria's moves, she decided to make a dash for the girl, fully aware of the ice. Once she reached the slippery surface, she dropped onto her back, sliding across the ground and under the bolt of electricity towards her opponent while firing a round right at her.

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2017, 08:49:26 AM »
Grinning as Lyssa began her slide, Wisteria raised a wall of ice between her and Lyssa, blocking the bullet and stopping her advance. Now running low on ice dust she switched types and   jumped away from the now wet floor. She wasnt too sure how well ice conducted electricity or how well freshly melted ice did in that matter but she shot a powerful bolt of electricity at the ice wall, demolishing it into splintering shards just moments after it was formed while keeping an electric current zappjng towards the floor.

Exhausting her dust so quickly she hled this attack would ay least do the trick, unfortunately nothing has been going right so far and she was half regretting opening her big mouth to begin with.
Students

Professors

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2017, 09:06:11 AM »
Cat saw his mate pretty much getting her butt kicked but grinned when he saw the ice wall she's put up. Dust casting, exactly what she's the best at.
He checked his scroll and saw his locker being about halfway here. This is going to be fun if he's going to go up against a fourth year, but would suck if it is his teammate that he'd have to smack. The time he has to spend for now will go to wondering what the older girl's semblance is.

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2017, 10:33:32 AM »
After being stopped by the wall, Lyssa quickly got back onto her feet. While the rubber of her boots was enough to keep her from getting zapped by the small amount of water on the ground, she couldn't do much about the sudden explosion of ice shrapnel. The woman raised her arms and took hits from multiple flying shards, grimacing a bit as each made contact with her. It hurt, but pain was something that she was more than used to. Her aura was a bigger issue, but it hadn't been depleted yet. Any amount was more than enough. Once the bombardment of ice had ended, she was ready to keep up her assault. More importantly, her semblance was ready. This time, maybe it would be better to use it more sparingly.

"Suddenly, I get why your dust is so precious to you. You're hopeless without it." With a big smirk on her face, Lyssa started sprinting at Wisteria again, closing the distance between them as swiftly as she could manage. She moved to hold her weapon towards the barrel, giving her as much reach with the blade as possible. Keeping enough space so that Wisteria would have trouble touching her, she began to spin, making two wide circular swings with a tremendous amount of force at the girl's side.

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2017, 10:04:46 AM »
Damn, rubber boots? Who the heck wears rubber boots? Now the warfreak was rushing her again and Wisteria was running dangerously low on her dust types. Ice was basically out, electric too, and fire was also quite low after that failed attempt. Reconsidering her options she brought out her dagger and extended the blade into a dueling shortsword, waiting for Lyssa to make her move.

The first swing nearly knocked the weapon out of Wisteria's hand, the block coming way too soon for a parry. The next swing would have hit but just before the strike landed Wisteria kicked backwards with some kinetic dust and got a bit of a distance away, aiming her sword for a lunge she intsantly zipped back point first in retaliation.
Students

Professors