Author Topic: An Electrifying Dinner of Ramen Woodles [CLOSED] [Team ASPN]  (Read 9705 times)

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    The Destroyer of Dreams & Expectations
    • View Profile
An Electrifying Dinner of Ramen Woodles [CLOSED] [Team ASPN]
« on: March 10, 2017, 07:46:39 PM »
Skipping down the sidewalk, Suntalia made her way through the crowds with a smile. Waving at people here and there, whether she knew them or not, she turned the corner and noticed the restaurant ahead. Despite there being plenty of other places to go to, this one in particular held a dear spot in her heart. Slowing down to a walk, she moved at a steady pace so as to not get too hot. The last thing she wanted to do was get sweaty in her attire. Wearing an orange and yellow dress and her hair done into a loose braid with a flower pin over her left ear, she finally got to the entrance of the restaurant.

Smiling broadly, Suntalia opened the door and entered, beaming a dimpled smile at the owners. "Hi Di Di!!!" she exclaimed waving at the server nearby. "Hi Mr. and Mrs. Solar!!" she greeted, waving at the two owners. "Obi had a class experiment with me, Vashie and a  first year team and I'm famished now!" Walking over to one of her usual spots, she sat down on the seat and leaned on her elbows as she watched Diamante work. Smiling to herself as she suppressed the sudden urge to make fun of him, she continued to watch and wait, swinging her legs gently underneath her. "Oh! There will be a few others joining me so I'll wait on ordering until they show up!" Glancing over at Diamante mischievously, she smirked slightly. "And Di Di said that he would be happy to take care of my check tonight, seeing that he's a complete and TOTAL gentleman." Laughing lightly, she smiled innocently at Diamante and then went back to waiting while humming softly to herself.
First Year Beacon Student: Rackley Winchester - The Hawkeye Sniper currently Teamless

Second Year Beacon Student: Jett Davenport - The Playful Shadow Knight of Team MLDC (Melodic)

Third Year Beacon Student: Suntalia Lyn Ryker - The Voice of Thunder currently Teamless

Fourth Year Beacon Student: Savas Carnelian - The Quiet Berserker Leader of Team SARK (Stark)

Beacon Professor: Oberon Falcov - The Man With A Plan / Team Strategy Teacher of Beacon

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
Re: An Electrifying Dinner of Ramen Woodles [CLOSED] [Team ASPN]
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 08:27:29 PM »
Diamante rolled his eyes at the lines he had come to expect of Suntalia. "You know our deal as well as I, Sunny- 50% off yours, 20% off your guests'. We've gotta run a business here, after all." He looked in his parents' direction, who each gave him a nod. Diamante eased up at this and briefly put aside the rag he had been using to wipe down tables. "So, how many are we expecting? It's not a busy evening, save a few layabouts-" he smirked in the direction of Oni, who was lurking at a table in the corner. "I could spare you the big table, if you like."

Though a modest building, there were clear signs that The Solar Noodle was enjoying moderate success as of late. Tables were crammed in wherever they could fit, some ready to seat parties of six or more. The majority of regulars, however, took up seats along the bar, where they would sit and chat with Diamante and his parents as they ate. It was no wonder they had become so popular, with friendly staff, timely service, and pleasant lighting worthy of the name "Solar." But the work often wore on the family as word of their restaurant spread, and they were now desperately in need of more help. Slow days like these were a lovely reprieve for Diamante, and though he loved her dearly (and platonically!), he worried that Suntalia's presence meant bad things for his day of relaxation.
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 03:45:48 PM »
"First years? Good grief..." Oni mumbled to himself. He wasn't a total fan of them. Too loud, and the like. Oni continued eating his noodles in peace; by himself.

"It's great that we've managed to be reduced to just a shadow of our former selves in an evening. I don't even know where they are..They took the 'SP' out of ASPN. That's just leaves 'AN', an' that's no good for a team dinner.." Argent sighed to his partner as they made their way to The Solar Noodle. It was supposed to be the team's reward for kicking ass in class, but both the team leader and the team criminal are running late. This wasn't good. More for Argent and Noctis, right..? The 'team' soon arrived at the shop, and greeted their host, as well as informing her that the other two were running behind a little. "Well, I'm starving." Argent said with a smile to Suntalia as his stomach began to rumble.

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 05:26:15 PM »
Noctis didn't mind spending the day with Argent- even though Noctis didn't really talk much, it was nice to get to know at least one of his teammates. Seeing a lack of team leader and the fox didn't waver Noctis' emotionless facial expression.He followed the taller to the table where Suntaila and a few others sat. This maybe might be pushing his comfort a little bit. He wasn't claustrophobic or anything, just uncomfortable with so many new people especially since he is having a hard time adjusting to living in Vale. He pulled out his scroll to distract himself from what was going on. He did, before he sat down, greeted Suntalia and the others around the table. As long as no one tried to talk to him he was fine.
Noctis Quartz#8E44AD - 1st yr Beacon student, Medic of Team ASPN "This might hurt...a lot. So don't cry"

Vidalia Umbra#FBF9AB- 1st yr Shade Academy student, Overactive child of Team VLPS "Maybe you can give me a cupcake."

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 05:55:04 PM »
Pouting at Diamante's words about paying for tonight, Suntalia quickly turned her attention to Oni who was in the corner. Brightening significantly at seeing most of her team here, she skipped over to where Oni was sitting. Putting both of her hands on his left shoulder and rested her chin on her hands. "Don't be so anti-social Oni!" she exclaimed, giving him a dimpled smile before laughing lightly. Turning to see Argent and Noctis walk in, she waved at them before skipping back to the table she was originally at. "Hey guys! We'll be sitting over here!" she said, taking her seat once more. "Oh! And to answer your question, Di Di, this table should suffice as there should only be four others joining me tonight."

Trying to suppress her excitement of making new friends as well as seeing her teammates, Suntalia beamed a smile at Argent and Noctis while letting her legs swing lightly. "By the way, two of my teammates are here also. This one is Diamante..." she said, pointing towards their server. "...and that's Oni" she added, pointing at the guy in the corner. "We're missing our mighty team leader, but we've been together since day one!" Looking back and forth from her teammates and then to the guys sitting with her, Suntalia couldn't hide her excitement any more and beamed a dimpled smile. "This is Team ASPN" she said, pointing to the two younger students. "They went through the ringer with one of Obi's classes so I figured I'd treat them to dinner since they got quite a beating from Vashie and I. Please be nice to them guys!"

Realizing she was talking quite a bit, Suntalia decided to stay quiet for a moment by taking her pose from before and rested her chin in her hands and leaned on her elbows while she waited for the last two people to show up.
First Year Beacon Student: Rackley Winchester - The Hawkeye Sniper currently Teamless

Second Year Beacon Student: Jett Davenport - The Playful Shadow Knight of Team MLDC (Melodic)

Third Year Beacon Student: Suntalia Lyn Ryker - The Voice of Thunder currently Teamless

Fourth Year Beacon Student: Savas Carnelian - The Quiet Berserker Leader of Team SARK (Stark)

Beacon Professor: Oberon Falcov - The Man With A Plan / Team Strategy Teacher of Beacon

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 06:37:36 PM »
"So, you'll be getting the full Suntalia treatment, hm? Well, good luck." He smiled apologetically to Argent and Noctis as he got up and turned. "I'll be out to take your orders in a few minutes, assuming everyone's ready. But I've got some tidying up to do in the kitchen." He walked away, disappearing through a door in the back only to become visible again behind the counter. He set to work scrubbing things down, becoming oblivious to the conversation in the restaurant. I wonder, is meeting new people in my work clothes... better, or worse than meeting them in that ridiculous combat attire of mine?

Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 07:00:05 PM »
"Mighty? Rye is just the guy who has been forced to clean up after you, Talia." Oni smirked back at Suntalia, now that she had finally quieted down. He had also given a quick nod to both members of team ASPN.

Argent had finally sat down when he had looked up to Suntalia with a questioning smile. "I wouldn't go quite as far as to say that we got quite a beating; I mean, it was quite unfair to have us fight again after a smashing win against the creatures of Grimm. And then again, beating would not be the correct term to use. 'Close match' works, however." Argent joked. He was well aware of the beating the team suffered through.

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 07:30:50 PM »
"'Slaughter' is more like it, for you two at least." A voice joked. "Sher comin' or what?" Persimmon rose from the seat directly opposite Oni, the hooded figure having mysteriously gone unnoticed up until now. He removed his cloak, revealing a casual white T-shirt and faded denim jeans underneath (Vacuo wasn't exactly a shirt and tie kind of place, after all). Taking a seat at the table, he hung the cloak on his chair. The insufferable smugness was already written on his face and nobody had even addressed him yet.

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 03:15:19 PM »
Argent sighed as Persimmon had revealed himself. Looking to the faunus, he replied, "Don't know. I don't think that it is in his person to skip a get-together, though." Argent didn't really know if Sherwood would be the type of person to skip or miss out on dinner, but he thought it was a good guess from his little time spent with his team leader so far.

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 07:02:27 PM »
Laughing at the conversation as a whole, Suntalia reached over and tousled Persimmon's short orange hair. "Now now, Percy." she chided, a dimpled smile crossing her face. "If it was a slaughter then all of you wouldn't be here, now would you?" Sitting back in her chair, Suntalia looked at Argent and then at Noctis. Realizing that Noctis hadn't said anything to anyone yet, she beamed a smile and leaned in so that he would notice her. "And how are you feeling, dear Noctis? Is your back feeling better? I certainly did my best to remove as much of the glass as I possibly could." Leaning in further, she rested her chin in her hands, all the while trying to grab Noctis' attention.

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 09:31:28 PM »
Persimmon could try to bail Noctis out of this one, but when he looked at Suntalia he knew it wasn't even worth trying. Instead, he sat back and watched the boy be tormented... again. Like he always was.

...Noctis really didn't have the greatest luck, did he?

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 02:49:13 PM »
Noctis looked up from his scroll to look at Talia. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat as he put his scroll face down on the table he was after all a gentlemen. He liked to give whoever he was speaking to his full attention. It's not like he was doing anything important on his scroll other than looking over the pictures he captured of the Beacon area to later practice drawing. Noctis felt naked without his white sweater like everyone could easily read him. Maybe he is just being too paranoid? Becoming the center of attention to people he didn't know made him start to rub his nose in a nervous habit. To the common eye, it looked like he was just relieving an itch.

"Fine. You got most of the glass out. I used a little extra to take the last few fragment out." Noctis tells her plastering a fake smile. "You sure did a number on me, Talia."

A little voice in the back of his head was telling him to make up an excuse to leave but another told him just to stick it out so his team wouldn't ask questions later.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 11:36:40 PM by MissyMidna »
Noctis Quartz#8E44AD - 1st yr Beacon student, Medic of Team ASPN "This might hurt...a lot. So don't cry"

Vidalia Umbra#FBF9AB- 1st yr Shade Academy student, Overactive child of Team VLPS "Maybe you can give me a cupcake."

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 08:03:24 PM »
Laughing lightly at what Noctis said, Suntalia reached out punched him lightly on his arm. "Don't worry Noctis! I wouldn't want to kill you off..yet" she replied, a mischievous twinkle in her eyes. Realizing how hungry she was, she took a quick look around the table. "So, it seems like we're only missing Sherwood" she commented, looking towards the door and then back at those around the table. "Did you want to just order? Or wait for Sherwood? Speaking of ordering..." Looking down at the table, Suntalia realized that Diamante hadn't even given them any menu. "DI DI!!!!" she yelled at the top of her lungs, surely disturbing the other customers. "WE NEED MENUS!!!! STAT!!!!" she continued yelling, her face barely suppressing the mirth that she felt in making Diamante's day harder. "Do you think that got his attention?" she inquired of her table, winking one her eyes while trying hard not to laugh.

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 08:34:17 PM »
Diamante dramatically flopped out of the door with a bunch of menus in hand, an exaggerated look of exasperation on his face as he stomped towards the group. "Sure, sure, expect me to do my job... Would you like some caviar with that, princess?" He gave Suntalia a playful smile to verify that he was kidding as he handed out the menus. The menu itself contained a paltry two pages of various noodle dishes, primarily of Atlesian and Mistralan varieties, followed by a mere four drink options. Quality over quantity was clearly their motto here.

Persimmon didn't pick up his menu right away; he was too busy being mesmerized by the beauty that had come to serve him. When finally he caught himself, he snatched up the menu and casually raised it to hide his beet red face, pretending to scrutinize his limited options very closely.

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2017, 11:38:33 AM »
Not knowing what or how to order food from a menu, Argent just pushed his menu away from him; thinking he'd just get what Noctis was getting. Argent began to smirk as he realised what was happening when Percy began to cover his red face. Looking from Diamante to Percy and back to Diamante, and being a great friend and all, Argent decided to not interfere.

"I do hope that Sherwood arrives soon. It'd be a shame if the leader missed out on a team gathering."