Author Topic: A Pinch of SALT [Closed]  (Read 22812 times)

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
Re: A Pinch of SALT [Closed]
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2017, 11:01:19 PM »
Hitting the ground far more gracefully this time Saffron rolled just before impact, minimising any further damage to her knees Saffron quickly made her way through the crowds. The action made her quills to stand up, causing old prejudices to resurface and Saffron found herself stonewalled a few times but made good progress once she got to the side of the street. Her console beeped as Avery's message played and Saffron replied breathlessly 'Understood. He's right by.....FUCK'

Distracted Saffron almost lost her target, only making Aurum out of the crowd as he moved against the flow of people towards a light-post. Not immediately grasping Aurum's plan Saffron still knew she had to stop him rushing forward Saffron hoped to reach her team mate before whatever he planned would eventuate and rip the frozen fish from his hands.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2017, 10:04:09 PM »
As Topaz lied on the ground she heard her scroll buzz with a new message from Avery. Whipping it out of her pocket she read his instructions regarding the kill switch, but at first had no idea what he was on about before remembering what it was. Since she can't smell any banana-ish smell she assumed the battery/kill switch that she shoved in there to absorb any charge hadn't punctured or exploded yet so it should work. In order to make doubly sure that it hadn't fallen out she turned her head to get a visual on the fish, in the process noticing it was very much frozen. Meaning the battery was frozen. Meaning if Aurum found a way to quickly unfreeze the fish and battery it would not end well for the fish.

Topaz sent a reply back to Avery,"Might not work if the fish is quickly heated up. One way to find out."At the moment of hitting send she saw Aurums boot cross over her head and as he began tinkering with the lamp post. "Please don't do this."She said standing up and stretching out,"Itd be nice not to spend all weekend in detention."
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 12:23:56 AM by mylies43 »
Serin Avery = 1st Year Beacon Student[Team BSSM]
Topaz(Taylor) Stone = 3rd Year Atlas Student[Team SALT]

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2017, 10:12:34 AM »
"Don't you worry one bit, Topaz. I'm a genius at covering my tracks." He replied, unscrewing the first screw in the panel. A larger crowd was gathering and one guy even seemed to be poking the fish with his spear. "Ooh, juicy. Now there goes screw number two."

Dropping the screws on the ground Aurum also began pulling out two wires and gnawed off the rubber with his teeth near the ends to make contact points. Third screw down and he carefully pulled out two nails that he planned on jamming steaight to the lamp circuitry to connect his battery to. Unscrewing with one hand and twisting copper wires over a nail with the other, he managed to save time and get the panel off just as he prepped his dust canister for the surge.

"Well. wish me luck!" Aurum said, slamming the nail into the circuitry and activating the dust canister.

The lamp post flickered violently for a few seconds, sizzling and sparking here and there around the frozen fish  and even started to thaw it out, unfortunately the damned thing short circuited and popped the bulb just as Aurum exhausted his dust.

"What! That was supposed to work! and...is that banana i smell?" Aurum cried, hands pulling at his spiky hair. "Oh screw it guess I'll just shoot the damned thing."
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2017, 08:19:49 PM »
Finally realising Aurum's plan with the light post Saffron redoubled her speed, it wasn't enough but luckily the light post didn't seem to work. Closing fast Saffron had to leap over the crowd which was gathering around her problematic team mate to maintain her speed. Now aiming to crash Aurum into the exposed wiring of the light post as a little bit of payback as well as pinning the troublesome boy down. Talking over the exclamations of the crowd and more than a few racial comments which Saffron ignored she spoke breathlessly from her sprint. 'Aurum, give me that fish or I'll use your face to replace that covering.' Regardless of her team mates responce Saffron will continue running forward for her crash tackle, she was due some catharsis she reasoned.

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2017, 10:03:04 PM »
As the sickly sweet smell of banana went through the air the realization that the battery had absorbed the charge but not without damage had dawned to Topaz. She figured it had to be coming from a punctured cell unless someone had some very powerful banana scented item on them. The suspicions were confirmed with a glance to the now slightly puffed up fish. It appeared to her that a hard shake could drop the fish and detonate the battery but so long as the pole stayed still and the fish didn't fall off it should be good. She was about to relay this information to the rest of her team when she noticed that Saffron was making a full blown charge right at Aurum and by extension, the pole. Thinking fast Topaz jumped in front of Saffron bracing herself in hopes of stopping her charge into Aurum. "SAFFRON DON'T" she yelled bracing herself for what was sure to be a shitshow.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 08:24:44 PM by mylies43 »

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2017, 10:33:47 AM »
It seemed like everything was coming to a head, and an end. With his teammates consolidating into a single area with few bystanders nearby, he decided it was time to finish the job. Looking between his Scroll and directly at the plaza, he made sure he had eyes on the fish,and using his semblance, he crashed it into the ground. The fish splattered onto the ground sending some sparks and soot flying into Avery's teammates, but most of it was as one would expect, fish guts.

A smirk flashed across his face. He brought out his Scroll, zooming to take in a charming photo of his team and--

Eyes widened and bitng his lip, Avery identified another figure hit by the blast: Dorian Rothenberg, a fellow student, and infamously, someone that was to be left unmolested. Avery kept a close eye on him, watching as redness filled his face as the initial shock subsided. Dorian glanced at Aurum, Saffron, and Topaz.

"Of course, Of course it would be Aurum the delinquent and Saffron, the captain who can't even control her own comrades. Tell me because I'd really like to know: What do you have to say about this?" Dorian said, clearly restraining himself as he gestured toward his outfit which was now covered in fish guts.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Characters: ShowHide

Sophea Devi Visorith - Beacon Nurse, Gardener, Health Nut, Scholar
Mao Visorith - First-Year Beacon Student, Team SFF[M]
Aurelia Caelius - Beacon Graduate, Huntress, Team [A]URM
Izumi Cremisi - Member of Obsidian Rose, Assassin, Thief, Arcade Enthusiast
Airi Fogden Bicardi - Second-Year Atlas Student, Family Heiress
Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]
Yu Mei - Third-Year Haven Student
Suna Arevik - First-Year Shade Student, Scavenger-in-Training, Team S[S]MR
Mara Lev - Mercenary, de facto Leader of Siren

Worldbuilding: ShowHide

Mahava Plains - The bastion of Eastern Sanus
Obsidian Rose - Valish Criminal Organization

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2017, 01:43:00 AM »
"It's absolutely stunning!" Aurum cried out, imitating one of the weird art critics he saw on tv the other day. They were an odd bunch, one of whom even called a pile of dung in hay and a white cloth 'revolutionary'. Maybe he should get a job in that area if he were to be expelled. Seemed simple enough, just say the absolute opposite of what was in his mind and add a small snap of the wrist and neck for flair. "I-It's breathtaking! And not because of the near rotten fishguts lodged in my nostrils!"

Posing in a rather exagerrated manner, Aurum feigned tears in his eyes and motioned for Saffron and Topaz to make a run for it.

"Dorian, I do say, you must give me the number of your fashion designer! The mizture of guts and banana is simply revolutionary!"
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2017, 06:30:41 AM »
Swerving out of her tackle at the last moment Saffron felt relief as she saw the fish float away from his team mate's semblance pulled it way. Stumbling back to her feet Saffron gave Aurum a harsh glare before she heard the explosion and the smell assaulted her senses. Her heart sunk, quills flattened and tears filled her eyes as another failure made itself clear, choking back a grasp Saffron turned away and shut her eyes to be alone in this moment. That was until it all got worse. Dorian Rothenburg, Saffron recognised the voice even with her eyes closed and worse still he recognised her.

Quickly drying the few tears which had spilled out her eyes with a wipe of her sleeve Saffron coughed a few times to clear her throat before speaking. She noticed Aurum's gesture to run but considering she had already been made it seemed useless. 'I'm so sorry Dorian, Aurum and I have seemed to have gotten you caught up in .... a... training session. Yea just something to do while Avery and Taylor are snowed in with assignments. I'm sure there is something I can do to make it up to you.' Saffron asked hopefully, smiling but her eyes were still red from the few tears before. Careful not to mention the other members of her team if Dorian hadn't seen them yet Saffron started to move, outwardly moving towards Dorian with a handkerchief in hand to help him clean himself but mainly to block sight lines to Avery and Taylor.

Internally Saffron was tearing herself to pieces over what she could have done better but tried desperately not to let it show, it wasn't going to help her with Dorian. Struggling to meet the new person's gaze instead Saffron tried to give Aurum a sutle gesture to calm down and simply bite the bullet here.

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2017, 01:40:19 AM »
Topaz breathed a sigh of relief when Saffron stopped her charge and for a brief moment, it seemed like the bomb was safe and the crisis was averted. But someone couldn't just let that stand and had to ruin the moment by pulling the fish off the stupid pole and onto the ground. Topaz was quickly covered in fish guts and sulfur a smell which she noted was unlikely to get out of her clothes without some serious scrubbing and heavy duty chemicals. Hopefully, no one else in the crowd got hit or they might have to clean a lot more clothes which would take forever. While a naive thought she enjoyed it for the brief moment that it existed before a certain someone's voice broke the shocked silence. Topaz looked over to the source of the angry person only to see who else but Dorian? The person that could not be in a worse place at a worse time right now.

As Saffron began walking towards him Topaz followed hoping that perhaps that and a favor or two would be enough to avoid something bigger coming out of this."Yeah sorry, Dorian the session got a little away from us, you know how these things sometimes happen right?" She said while simultaneously brushing her hand against Lithium to making sure it didn't fall off in the kerfuffle. Ideally, he would accept the apology and move on, but so far the day had been far from ideal.

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2017, 03:35:18 PM »
Dorian briefly glared at Aurum. "You and I both know that these sorts of things do not simply happen. Causing a public scene, in the middle of Alystra Plaza no less," Dorian sniffed, "and murdering an innocent fish. If you ask me," he brushed off some of the guts splattered to his clothes, "I'd say it was orchestrated. But I suppose that is just speculation on my part."

He took out his scroll and quickly tapped onto it, turning away in the process. "Yeah, sorry. I need a change of clothes. Don't ask, just go straight to the meeting. Alright, see you there." He turned back toward the group. "As for reparations, don't bother. There's not much you would be able to provide anyway. Besides, who knows what great surprise would await be next!" Dorian ended with feigned glee which quickly faded into slight disgust. He sighed and scanned the ground. "Why don't you start by cleaning up after yourselves?" With that, he left.

Avery could only watch from afar through his phone, and while he couldn't hear what Dorian was saying, it was pretty clear that it wasn't anything good. He stepped back from the edge of the building, unsure of what he should do. Should he stay hidden away, or should he make his way down? Avery doubted he would be able do much to change the situation, but he decided to head towards the stairs down, anyway.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2017, 07:16:24 AM »
Aurum wanted to throw more insults at the poor fellow but Saffron seemed to be oddly docile at the moment. Usually he'd complain about unfair treatment but Topaz also seemed to be somewhat worried. Sure Dorian was kind of a big thing around here but he also got caught in one of Aurum's pranks! That in itself was more than a victory in his book but the expressions of Saffron and Topaz begged to differ.

As much as he wanted to continue the charade and even mock Dorian for getting fish guts all over him, he himself got caught in the blast and were right at the scene of the crime along with twonof his teammates. If only the fish didnt fall when it did.

"He better bet he's gonna get another surprise, right guy...s.." Aurum proudly said, trailing off upon seeing a little pain in Saffron's expression.

Should he say sorry? Technically this wasn't a team thing and most of them even wanted to stop him. Then again Dorian did have a point in that Safdeon had no control over him. But who did? Aurum never listened to authority so it wasn't up to that pompous, fish covered, stuck-up tool tonsay who was a bad leader...right?

"Ah..Uhmm.." Aurum wanted to say something to lighten the mood but somethibg told him that he best keep quiet for now.
Students

Professors

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2017, 12:54:09 AM »
Flinching again as Topaz made herself known and unknowingly caught her in another lie Saffron clumsily tried to explain that away but luckily Dorian didn't seem to notice and he quickly left. Not that Saffron could blame him, as much as she hated herself for the thought she to wanted out of this mess. Not trusting herself to speak Saffron set about quickly about trying to gather up at least the chunks of rotting fish. It heavily stained her uniform, saying nothing for the smell, but Saffron worked quickly and robotically until the mess was cleaned up. A dead pan expression hid Saffron internally browbeating herself at her failure as a leader. She had encouraged Aurum saying that she would help him and when Aurum did something reckless, like of course he would, she couldn't stop it before it was too late. She hadn't even been able to curb some of Aurum's excesses or even predict them despite leading the team for three years.

Finally trusting herself to speak Saffron turned to Aurum still with tears in her eyes and replied quietly. 'If I so much hear that Dorian gets a flat tire he won't need threats, I will deal with you myself. Just because you don't ca...' Saffron stopped herself, turning away cowardly once again. That wasn't fair Saffron knew Aurum meant no harm in his pranks but it felt good to say something. Taking a few deep breaths Saffron started walking off, unable to look anyone in the eyes. 'I'm going to get in front of this, maybe if I can talk to the headmaster before Dorian does you guys might come out OK.' Saffron called back as she stormed off.

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2017, 01:38:51 AM »
Topaz stood dazed staring at Dorian as he walked away from the plaza, turning down Saffrons offer to make up for what happened. 'What a jackass' she thought while marking him down into her shit list. The smug SOBs comments brought Saffron to the brink of tears and really that was the only reason that Topaz didn't go hunt him down. But of course, before she could do something to calm Saffron down a bit she ran off to the headmaster to try and explain things. Topaz watched silently fuming as Saffron stormed off to explain the team's actions.

"That didn't go well, gotta be honest I'm willing to further than just slash his tires....."She angrily said while trying to think up of ways to get even with Dorian that wouldn't be traceable.

"You messed up real bad today" Topaz said whipping around towards Aurum pointing an accusing finger.

" I'm going to clean up a bit and I expect you to meet me at the headmaster's office afterward. Tell Avery to go there as well."She said before walking off towards the dorms wiping Lithium clean with her sleeve. While she didn't have time for a full shower she should at least be able to get the gunk off her hair and changes clothes before getting yelled at by the headmaster, something which always ended up with a great week.

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2017, 12:18:35 PM »
Avery made his way to the scene with haste and had a stern look hanging onto his face. As he passed by pedestrians and bystanders, he heard some of them whispering, more than likely about him and his brothers' reputations.

Despite his best efforts, Saffrom and Taylor were gone by the time he arrived, the only thing left being a down-ridden Aurum--a rare and unsavory sight. Avery glanced around at the crowd."I am deeply sorry about this, everyone. I will take care of this immediately." He shot out a hand and gripped Aurum's wrist firmly.

"We're leaving," Avery said as he dragged his brother away from Alystra Plaza.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 05:00:26 PM by Kaliot »
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting