Author Topic: Feeling Iron and Pumping the Burn [Closed]  (Read 2237 times)

Kellenredx

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    Does a lot of things and is bad at all of them.
    • View Profile
Feeling Iron and Pumping the Burn [Closed]
« on: December 17, 2016, 04:55:41 PM »
"Why the hell am I here?" Zwei questioned himself as he flung open the doors to the Beacon gym. The question was rather pointless as he already knew the answer to his own question but the feigned ignorance made him feel a little more sure of himself and helped calm his nerves. While he had known that he had been lagging behind in terms of both skill and knowledge in comparison to his classmates—his habit of doing only what was required finally came to bite him in this ass once more—his appointment as team leader had managed to fill him with enough motivation to at least try to better himself. The most obvious first step to him seemed to be simple physical training and refining his technique as a hunter.

It was quite obvious by looking at the various machines that little expense had been spared in the creation and maintenance, the gym was quite expansive and well-lit, with multiple large mirrors set upon the walls to create the illusion of vastness. The various metal machines with jutting pulleys and weights sat idle in the room to which Zwei could only guess the method of use, resulting in him occasionally staring at the contraptions, taking in their strange shape. The few students there only offered him a glance at most before returning to their efforts, it was quite obvious that Zwei either wasn't familiar or confident enough to simply get started which was why he was thankful that another student was willing to...mentor him for lack of a better term. This "Mithra" he had met not long ago was a giant of a woman, possessing strength that awed him and a kind attitude—her angry outburst aside—that made him feel better about having to seek help. Zwei held his pack at his side, filled with a change of clothes and other sundries as he waited for her to show up and begin guiding him. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 10:30:06 AM by Kellenredx »
Zwei Carter "You wanted me back, so I'm back!"
Zwei had his name a year before the dog existed in the show by the way.

Seig

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    I actually post now.
    • View Profile
Re: Feeling Iron and Pumping the Burn [Closed]
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 12:09:47 AM »
While Zwei was wondering why he was there, Mithra was having her own inner dilemma. Mainly why the everloving hell did she think she could be a teacher? She barely managed to pass her classes to begin with. Was teaching fighting the same as teaching lessons? She was really good at hitting things. Thought maybe that was all she was really good at. No! She needed to clear her head. Zwei was counting on her to teach him how to fight. She was fine with disappointing herself, but she refused to let anyone else fail because of her. With her newfound determination she quickly put a plan together for his training.

"Alright. While standard fitness is very important, I can just give tasks for him to do on his own free time. What we really need to go over is technique." As she spoke aloud to herself, she twirled a pen in her massive hands. "He seems to be a speed type, so we should focus on counters more than anything. Along with standard weapon form." With a wide grin spreading across her face, the blonde giantess quickly wrote out a training regimen. She could feel every gear click, every idea was flowing. She could do this! "Don't worry Zwei. Ill make sure to give you everything I've got!"

It took the loud ringing of the alarm she had set to finally rouse Mithra from her excited scribblings. "Im gonna be late!" What she neglected to remember is she has set her alarm early for this exact reason. She quickly threw on a tight fitting tube top that she used for workouts. Her muscled abdomen and arms were left free to the air as she grabbed her gym bag and ran down to the gym.
The familiar scent of sweat and metal greeted her as she slowly walked into her favorite room of the campus. With a  smile she ran her fingers along the white walls as she made a mental note of the machines they were. She returned a few waves from her other regulars.The cold heavy metal sent a familiar chill up her arm as she loaded up her barbell. She set 400 pounds and let it rest as she lowered herself onto the bench. She was cutting into her gym time to train Zwei so why not get in what she can? Her long fingers wrapped around the metal bar, and with a grunt of effort she lifted the weight into the air. Her biceps bulged slightly as her strength was put into full use. She started off slowly, rhythmically pumping the bar in a standard bench press. The strain on her muscles was welcome, it was a constant reminder of how far she had come from a sickly child laying in bed all day. With another grunt she began to increase her pace, working her arms harder to make up for the short amount of time she had. A familiar mask in the crowd cut off her thoughts. A loud sigh heralded the return of the barbell to it's resting place as the large woman got to her feet. Mithra stretched her arms overhead for a moment before waving at her new friend and pupil. "Zwei! Come on over! WE got a lot to do today!"
Mithra Ragvos The 4th Year Giantess of Beacon

Mira Ragvos 4th Year Weaponsmith

Kellenredx

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    Does a lot of things and is bad at all of them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 08:17:04 PM »
Mithra's size alone already caused her to stand out as she stood up, Zwei's attention was immediately grabbed even before she called out to him. He hefted his pack onto his shoulder and began to move towards her as instructed, though the fact that Mithra has placed to much emphasis on how today was going to be a team effort did reassure him a little bit, it always made him feel more sure of himself to have a friend encourage him. Whenever Zwei had a doubt in his mind as he walked, he would mentally shoot it down by reminding himself that it was his desicion to get taught second-hand instead of attending Signal like the regular students and this was the price he had to pay if he wanted to be an effective Hunter.

As Zwei arrived, he couldn't help but notice the massive amount of weight she had been lifting earlier, he silently hoped that she didn't expect him to try and lift that, the bar would land on his throat choke him to death before he could even begin to lift it. He began to look at how well prepared Mithra was and felt a small flash of embarassment as he realized that he had shown up to the gym wearing a sweater and jeans. Zwei quickly began to unzip the sweater to reveal the white t-shirt beneath as he stuffed the sweater into his pack. "S-sorry I wasn't quite sure what to wear, y'know?" he explained, sounding quite nervous before regaining his confidence "Thanks for helping me, by the way, I really appreciate your help."
Zwei Carter "You wanted me back, so I'm back!"
Zwei had his name a year before the dog existed in the show by the way.

Seig

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    I actually post now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 01:57:35 AM »
Mithra smiled down at her new protegee. "I'm glad your here! Training routines are way more fun with a friend!" As excited as she was, she shut her mouth and quietly listened as the masked boy began to share his worries. She placed a large hand on his shoulder in a comforting gesture. She didn't want him to get discouraged so easily after all. With another smile she led him away from the main area and towards the track portion of the fitness center. As they weaved through the various machines and their uses, the giantess decided to comfort him a bit more. "It's really nothing to be nervous about. No one really knows how to start. That's why you have me isn't it?" With renewed excitement she jogged over to a bench on the side of the ring shaped track. She dropped her bag down and motioned for him to take a seat with her.

Mithra unzipped her large red duffel bag and begun to pull out a random assortment of items. The first thing she handed him was a large, solid metal water bottle. She didn't look up from her bag as she explained.
 "Always stay hydrated. You don't actually need to drink until you feel thirsty though. The whole feeling thirsty means your dehydrated thing is just an urban myth." The next thing she handed him was a set of weighted rings with adjustable straps. "You don't need to worry about these yet. Just hold onto them." With a flourish she pulled out a large folder with Zwei's named emblazoned on it. Beaming with pride, Mithra pressed it into his hands. "I spent all night making this! It has everything you need to know. From what the machines are used for. To sheets to track what you've done. And it even has a workout routine I made specifically for you!" With what could only be described as childlike excitement, Mithra eagerly awaited his response.
Mithra Ragvos The 4th Year Giantess of Beacon

Mira Ragvos 4th Year Weaponsmith