Author Topic: Feeling the Holiday Spirit. (LIMITED 7/7) (FULL)  (Read 7217 times)

Swordslinger

• Been Around

• View Profile
Feeling the Holiday Spirit. (LIMITED 7/7) (FULL)
« on: December 11, 2016, 10:26:52 PM »
Walking through the busy hallways of Beacon Academy, Camille Alyssandra hummed a tune to herself as she dodged another student who was setting up holiday decorations. Red and green lined the window stills as snow gently fell against the glass, which provided ambiance to the school's growing atmosphere  . Dressed in a red and green sweater herself, Camille had to admit, the sense of cheerfulness was starting to infect her as well, so much so that she allowed a smile to plaster her face.

Entering the main lounge, where other students and teachers were mingling, Camille took up position by the chirping fireplace, raising her hands to warm them as the fire crackled and whipped.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 01:13:05 PM by Swordslinger »

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Re: Feeling the Holiday Spirit. (LIMITED 1/7)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 11:00:31 PM »
"Oh, hello there Camille. Wisteria said, walking over to the girl in red and green. She noticed the girl walk by her earlier as she was hanging some really generic yet fitting decorations along the windowsill. After having finished that she made her way to her classmate while a box seemed to dragging itself along the ground behind her, making odd snorting noises as it did.  "Hmm, maybe the fire can use a bit more oomph to it? What do you think?

Lifting a fiery red crystal Wisteria motioned to the fireplace and smiled confidently as she pondered on how much of the substance to use. Standing there wearing a white trimmed red fluffy jacket and equally designed yet noticeably less fluffy shorts, Wisteria looked like she was really in the mood for the festivities despite her tendency to be a living firework. While she though she brought a hand up to her chin crossing the other across her chest and tilted her head a bit, envisioning a brighter more eye popping possibility.

The box  following Wisteria a moment ago ran into Camille's leg, giving a slight bump while a stray decorative plastic ball rolled down the hallway. A small snort sounded off but quickly quieted down as Wisteria let out a small shhh with a worried look in her eye.

"Heh, don't mind that. Just needed a little help from...yeah. She spouted, waving her hands in random ways as she did."Anyways, so dust crystals right? Should I use more red or spark the thing off with some lightning blue or yellow?
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 11:05:26 PM »
Malina stood, just beyond arms reach, of a highly decorated and highly tacky tree with arms crossed and a glass of eggnog in one hand. From her general demeanor, one would likely assume she, in fact, did not want to be there; and they would be very right.Parties weren't really her thing. Sure, she could socialize well enough when she needed to, but she wasn't exactly a fan of it. But, of course, she couldn't just leave, not anymore.

She looked down toward the... "artsy" Wintertide sweater her parents had sent to her. Along her chest were the words, "That there" and below it toward her waist were the words, "Is an RV!" separated by a crudely made image of an RV in holiday colors with several reindeer faunus adorning the surrounding space. It was... well, it was ugly. But Carmine had forced her to wear it, just like she had forced her into this situation.

"Thanks, buddy." She said, dryly, as she looked back toward Manticore. All along the tail were small colored lights wrapping around it over and over before falling away and connecting into a socket next the tree and just to the right of the fireplace.
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Swordslinger

• Been Around

• View Profile
Re: Feeling the Holiday Spirit. (LIMITED 3/7)
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 11:13:53 PM »
Camille glanced down as the box nudged her leg. Blinking in surprise, she reflexively reached for her side-arm...only to realize she had left it in her room.

Returning the question, Camille placed a finger to her lips in thought, "Well, red would spruce the fire, but isn't that a bit wasteful?" She asked, then glanced around, "I think there might be a valve we can turn or something..." In the corner of her eye, she spied Malina, but seeing the girl's rather sour looking expression, Camille decided to simply ignore her for the time being.

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 11:27:29 PM »
Winter was a great time of year, the cold was nice, the snow beautiful, and the best part of all, Christmas! Serin wandered down the halls of Beacons enjoying the multicolored decor in every corner and tiny lights twinkling away within decorations. Of course the hall wasn't the only thing that was decorated for the holiday, Serin was of course wearing some Christmas-themed clothing, on his head he wore a Santa hat with a red sweater that contained many white reindeer stitched into it. He walked into the main hall looking for something, or someone? 'Bah I got caught up in my own thinking. Oh well it was probably nothing of importance.' He thought while scanning the room for something, not sure what, maybe something here would jog his memory. Not finding anything that reminded him of his original task he looked for other things to do and found it, or rather someones.

Serin walked over to the fireplace that the girls were surrounding and plopped himself in am empty chair before releasing a torrent of words. "Hey yo, what's up? I like your sweater, very,er,festive,He said looking at Malina before turning back to the others."Whatcha got here? A crystal? Ooooh that looks fun. Throwing that into the fire would probably be bad though so don't do that. Or do, Im not your mom. I'm Serin by the way happy to meet you." He said while getting comfortable.
Serin Avery = 1st Year Beacon Student[Team BSSM]
Topaz(Taylor) Stone = 3rd Year Atlas Student[Team SALT]

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Re: Feeling the Holiday Spirit. (LIMITED 4/7)
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 11:42:52 PM »
Wisteria gave an unimpressed look at Serin at said, "I wasn't going to toss the thing in, that would be stupid. She said, snapping her fingers while using a bit of dust to power a small flame on the tip of her fingers. Quickly extinguishing it later she pocketed the crystal and reached over to the box to pick up a few leaves, fireproof obviously, and scattering them on top of the fireplace where some overly sized stocks where hanging.

"If you think about it maybe hanging crystals, though fake ones, would make a good addition to the overall view. Fake crystal please!

A small bump came from the box and a crystal popped up from the bottom, a small snout poking out along with it. Picking up the crystal Wisteria stuck it along the wall with some double sided tape and made a rectangular shape with her fingers, trying to picture if more of them were stuck along side it.

"What do you guys think? She asked, tilting her head once more.
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

Vox Machinae

• Administrator

• Abusive Webmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 11:46:27 PM »
Carmine's song is to the tune of Xmas? I don't know such a thing!

"SINGLE 'ELL, SINGLE 'ELL, SINGLE ALWAYS," Carmine's cheery, accented voice rose in song as she made her way back to where Malina was, "I wonder 'ow many years I've spent jus' all by m'self?"

Her voice wasn't the only sound. Jingling. An ungodly cacophony of jingling accompanied the girl's singing, indicative of her dancing, prancing gait. Jingling... and a sound not unlike four hundred pounds of meat being dragged periodically behind her, facilitated by pulses of her semblance not so much pulling as flinging the massive beast forward every few feet.

"SINGLE 'ELL, SINGLE 'ELL, SINGLE ALWAYS," she was getting closer, and her song seemed to get worse. Carmine did not have a good singing voice. "Now I'm 'appy an' I've got teammates, in time for-," The singing stopped, the jingling stopped, and a loud series of honks and screeches, drowned out any residual jingling. "'EY! NO! BAD! GO BACK TO-" a loud thud sounded, "SLEEP!"

Silence. Horrible silence. Then Carmine continued her song, the jingling resumed, and the thud sounded again.

"Beacon's lit brill'antly," thud, "upon this festive eve," thud, "an' I've got lovely teammates," thud, "to dress up festively!" One more thud, before Carmine turned the corner.

Oversized red conical hat with fluffy white trim and a puff ball on the end. Strapless red dress with excessively fluffy white trim hiding any trace of her cleavage with the raw elemental floof. Shoulder-length candy cane striped gloves, arguably to hide her scar on her arm. Thigh-length candy cane stockings. Curly toed red shoes. And many, many ribbons covered with tiny jingling bells tied around her arms and legs. Tied into her hair. Tied around each finger like rings. Her hair was in front of her right eye to hide the scarring there, so she had to search more than normal to see Malina, starting toward her friend with a big grin, and another tug of the cable she held.

She did not stop singing. "'Cause I've got friends this year," whatever she was dragging seemed to have gotten caught, and she flicked the cable, with another loud thud, to dislodge it from the wall, "an' we're all single girls," she tugged again, only to have the loud thump shake the wall, "maybe we all should dress up cute an' go-"

Again, the loud honking and screeching, its source apparent as a large bull reindeer scrambled to its feet and darted past, bleating its poor traumatized, bruised heart out upon slipping free from Carmine's detached grapple reel cable.

The only response from Carmine was a long, drawn out "awwwwwwwwwww maaaaaan" as she watched the reindeer abscond to try to find its way back to that singing princess-looking student Carmine acquired the deer from. "I was gonna dress 'im up as a mascot..." She turned back to Malina, a pout on her face. "Malinaaaaaa, I need to get Chiu reindeer 'orns. Y'know. Backup plan." She sniffed, making her way toward Malina. "Somethin' somethin' just use a differn't 'orny animal..."

She sniffed again, and looked at the tree.

"... Lookin' good!"
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 11:52:40 PM by Vox Machinae »

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 12:19:54 AM »
Much like everyone else there, Vivian was one-hundred percent prepped for the holiday season in just about every way she could manage. A long red hat with a poofy white ball on the end? Check. Holes had to be ripped in it so that her rabbit ears could stick out, but it still looked legit. Red shirt, green pants? Absolutely, even if it did look atrocious to her. Seemingly having no sense of fashion was a necessary sacrifice at this time of year, really. ... Except for the pants. She was definitely regretting putting on the stupid green pants already. Very ugly.

Holiday-themed refrigerator magnets? Check. She had spotted a pack of them while out shopping and couldn't resist. Of course, she wasn't hauling a refrigerator around campus with her; the magnets had instead been stuck to her metal arms in various places. How else would one decorate prosthetics, anyway? She lacked any sort of artistic talent, so covering them with magnetic snowmen, trees and snowflakes would have to do.

"... Oh."

Vivian stopped in her tracks. She had been wandering around the lounge, taking in all the different sights, at least until she noticed the reindeer escaping from a girl and rampaging its way out of there. Odd. More importantly, at least in her mind, was the scorpion tail. Lights! Why didn't she think of putting lights on her arms? Magnets were actually a retarded idea, she began thinking to herself as her gaze slowly returned to the ones on her arms. She sighed.

Looking back up at Malina, Vivian soon approached the other woman, stopping a few feet away from her before pointing at Manticore with her oddly decorated arm. "Dope tail." She then turned to Carmine, giving her a short wave. "Heyo. Was that your, uh, deer?"
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster

Seig

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    I actually post now.
    • View Profile
Re: Feeling the Holiday Spirit. (LIMITED 5/7)
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 12:28:37 AM »
Mithra let out an audible sigh as she walked through the halls of Beacon. Of course the only Wintertide themed outfit that fit someone her size had to be an elf costume. She was already self conscious about her height before it was used as the butt of a joke. "No! I'm not gonna let this ruin my Wintertide! I look adorable in this even if it is stupid! I gotta look on the bright side." With a grin once again adorning her face she bounded through the halls. Forced enthusiasm is still technically enthusiasm.

Mithra's joy was short lived as an animal came rampaging down the hallway towards her. With a loud shriek she reeled back and delivered a full force punch straight into it's face, knocking the creature into the wall. A moment later it dawned on her what she just did. "I-IM SO SORRY! IT JUMPED OUT AT ME!"
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 01:38:23 AM by Seig »
Mithra Ragvos The 4th Year Giantess of Beacon

Mira Ragvos 4th Year Weaponsmith

ArosFarron

• View Profile
Re: Feeling the Holiday Spirit. (LIMITED 5/7)
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 06:45:32 AM »
ADMIN NOTE: This was posted after the thread was already full. As such it is not a valid post and is to be disregarded. I would remind everyone to pay attention not only the thread tags, but the number of people in a thread. -Aegis

Original Post: ShowHide
LIly was super happy around this time of year. She walking into lounge singing her favorite tunes. She noticed the others and walked over to them. "Hello people. Don't you love the Holidays? It truly is the most wonderful time of the year." She smiled as she found a seat and sat down. While her outfit was not what one would call "appropriate", or at least that is what people told her, she wore it just the same. The decorations gave her an idea. She stood up and looked at the group, smiling. "Whyvarr we all just standing around? We should be dancing, celebrating and singing. It's the holidays, time to be festive. Come on, we need to get this party started." The wolf faunus exclaimed, going so far to actually pull on of the other students in for a dance. Once she was bored of that she looked at Camillie and Mithra. "You two, I need your help getting everyone into the spirit. Both of you seem festive enough. We need to figure something out that would ensure a great holiday season. So no fruit cake."
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 07:30:03 PM by Vox Machinae »
Merletta Yoru: The Shadow Hunter
Liliana Blossom: The Maven of Song (Team REBL)
Lady Blair Valka of Felwinter "The Lady of the North
Alexander Noire

Swordslinger

• Been Around

• View Profile
Re: Feeling the Holiday Spirit. (LIMITED 7/7) (FULL)
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 01:26:02 PM »
Observing the recent chaos with a blank stare, Camille did the only she thought she could do in this situation.

Completely ignore it.

Turning her head back to Wisteria's arts and crafts project, Camille titled her head in curiosity, "I like the color, but don't you think it's a little dangerous for active Dust crystals  to be used as decor actions?" She asked, then gestured to the previously rampaging reindeer, "I mean, this place can get a little...chaotic."

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 07:25:25 PM »
"W-was that a deer? I sure hope it doesn't mess with my decorations or we'll be having venison tonight. That's the thing, Camille, it looks real but this one isn't! Wisteria said in glee, demonstrating by dropping the crystal on the floor with a nonchalant wave of her hand. The crystal bounced harmlessly off the ground and the box ran over it and seemingly consumed it in one go.

"They also double as snacks. Sugar crystals with flavor! She added, proud of her small invention. It took a good three hours to get the heating right so it wouldn't destroy the coloring and caramel didn't exactly like staying clear for long. Taking the one from her pocket Wisteria regarded it with a certain doubtful look and had it glow with some input of aura."Not this one, this one is real though.

Pocketing the crystal she smiled and got one faux crystal after another, sticking the blue ones near the rim and taking a bite out of an orange one. "Eugh, sour.
Students

Professors

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 08:36:27 PM »
Serin blankly gazed at the chaos that was unfolding before him and tried to make sense of it, nope, nothing this doesn't make sense. He followed the deer before it ran out of the room into the hall where it ceased to be Serin's problem. Of course that was before he heard a thud and the sounds of someone screaming something about the deer. He internally debated if he should go see what it was but decided against it. "Hey now, don't tease us with tasty candy and then not give me some. Come on." He said reaching out his hand hoping for a piece.
Serin Avery = 1st Year Beacon Student[Team BSSM]
Topaz(Taylor) Stone = 3rd Year Atlas Student[Team SALT]

Swordslinger

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 09:30:55 PM »
Camille blinked, spared Serin a look of disbelief and sighed. "Wisteria," She said, rubbing her face to ease a growing headache, "What's in the box?"

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2016, 10:57:28 PM »
Wisteria slapped Serin's hand as he reached for a crystal, giving a tsk tsk tsk sound as she placed another one on the mantle. Suddenly confronted by Camille's question Wisteria sighed and whistled, prompting the box to shake some more. The shaking lasted a good few seconds before a small brown ball of fur bounced out into Wisteria's arms, snorting like a...well a boar.

"This is Bacon. Wisteria said, rubbing the ball in a certain spot causing it to open up into a squishy adorable mass of fur and snorts. "I'm usually not allowed to bring him around but he's helping, as you can see. Bacon, say hello!

Grunt
Students

Professors