Author Topic: Nothing to Sea [SFFM][Initiation]  (Read 28662 times)

Marticus

• View Profile
Re: Nothing to Sea [SFFM][Initiation]
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2016, 07:13:33 AM »
Stumbling his way across the sand to the others, Finn decided to add a suggestion to the wager. "Well, when I win, you losers can pool together and buy me dinner. How does that sound?".

Finn pulled up short in front of the ship, trying to work out what could've tore through the hull like that. "Maybe a cannon? It'd have to be a big'un, no non-military vehicles would be able to get the firepower to tear through that. A large Grimm could also have done it, but they don't tend towards headbutting stuff. More biting and rending. Definitely not a rock though, we'd see further damage along the side as it scraped by". How exciting this was, a real life mystery to solve. And maybe they'd be stuff to blow up. Joy of joys.

Dead_Proxy21

• Personal Text
    All the worlds a stage and we are the actors
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2016, 09:55:56 PM »
Duncan proceeded to the objective with the rest of the team and decided to inspect the damage alongside Finn. He drew his sword just in case someone or something decided to pop out at them.

"Im gonna say this as a joke, but maybe it was pirates"

Duncan got an uneasy feeling at the silence interrupted by the gentle crash of waves.

"Finn, back me up I'm going in. Mint, Mao, you two keep watch outside."

Duncan decided to move inside the damaged hull, hoping there would be an answer to what happened here.
Approved:
Tychus Drenelian "I may not feel pain, but you do and I will make sure of it"
Connor Dragovic "Chemical warfare is cheap but it works"
Damien Sokolov "I see you"
Eva Anders "BOOM!!!!!"
Avaline Anders "A medic's job is never finished"
Duncan 'Napalm' Sandoval "If I wanted to see the world burn, I would still be in jail."

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2016, 07:48:12 PM »
"Aye aye, el Capitan!" Mao brought together his feet and saluted, a smirk momentarily emerging onto his face. "Be careful in there, guys."

He relaxed himself and turned toward Mint. "Just you and me then. I'm gonna check out the other side of the boat. If you don't mind, anyway," he said as he pointed his thumb back at the boat.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Characters: ShowHide

Sophea Devi Visorith - Beacon Nurse, Gardener, Health Nut, Scholar
Mao Visorith - First-Year Beacon Student, Team SFF[M]
Aurelia Caelius - Beacon Graduate, Huntress, Team [A]URM
Izumi Cremisi - Member of Obsidian Rose, Assassin, Thief, Arcade Enthusiast
Airi Fogden Bicardi - Second-Year Atlas Student, Family Heiress
Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]
Yu Mei - Third-Year Haven Student
Suna Arevik - First-Year Shade Student, Scavenger-in-Training, Team S[S]MR
Mara Lev - Mercenary, de facto Leader of Siren

Worldbuilding: ShowHide

Mahava Plains - The bastion of Eastern Sanus
Obsidian Rose - Valish Criminal Organization

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2016, 08:39:38 PM »
"Sure, go ahead. Lemme know if you see anything, alright?" Mint was a little disappointed she wasn't asked to go inside, especially since she had made an effort to move in ahead of her teammates. Still, she was sure there would be some valuable information out here, too.

The hole was in the port side, and Mint noted that if she lay flat her body would only cover a little over half of its diameter. Considering how low on the hull this hole was, it seemed like whatever hit the ship must've either come from underwater or at the very least been moving along the surface of the water. Or... maybe it was something from inside?

She climbed up the side of the boat, using bent bits of metal from the hole along with small windows as footholds. Once on top, Mint immediately noticed some overturned chairs and a fully stocked bar. She circled around and, through a surprisingly unbroken window, saw a rather posh interior. The beautifully decorated polished wood steering wheel in front of a large, authoritative captain's chair made her think that the owner of this ship was probably rather full of himself, concerned with image more than practicality. She could see stairs, and though her view was obstructed there was clearly a row of doors at the bottom.

One thing Mint did not find up here was a sail. The boat must've had a different means of moving, probably dust related. If I ever own a boat, it'll have a sail for sure. I'll ride my own wind across all the however many seas!
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

Marticus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 10:45:47 AM »
"Righty-oh gaffer" Finn happily answered and jogged forward into the belly of the best, taking left side as he went in. It was a bit dark inside, leading Finn to almost trip over something lying on the floor. He found his balance and tapped whatever it was that he'd tripped over with his foot. It wasn't particularly solid, and didn't make much noise when it rolled, which left Finn a bit confused. He leaned down and picked it up. He stepped back towards the light entering from the hole, and suddenly threw it away towards Mint in abject horror, yelping in shock and disgust. "Oh gods above and below, that was an arm. There was an arm in my hand. That's horrible. I think the crew's dead and I just picked up an arm". Finn stumbled outside and vomited against the side of the ship.

Dead_Proxy21

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2016, 01:37:11 AM »
Duncan heard the sound of one of his teammates throw up and safely hurried out of the hull. He saw that it was Finn and rushed over to him.

"Finn, what happened?"

He reached out to him but a twinkle of jewelry caught the corner of his eye. He walked over and saw that it came from the cavity in the hull. He went to pick it up and picked up the eviscerated half torso of a woman. He quickly dropped it, fell on his butt and scurried back from the damaged hull.

"By the nine! What in the wide world of Remnant happened here?"
Approved:
Eva Anders "BOOM!!!!!"
Duncan 'Napalm' Sandoval "If I wanted to see the world burn, I would still be in jail."

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2016, 10:05:02 PM »
Mao made his way over to the other side of the ship, scanning it for any unique markings.

"Red Horizon, huh? I wonder where it was headed," he muttered. His inspection of the site was interrupted as panic seemed to resound from the entrance. He rushed over, just in time for the arm to land at Mint's feet and to see Finn to release the contents of his stomach. He remained frozen.

"Holy shit...," he said. "It still looks...fresh."
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016, 02:01:45 PM »
Mint was rather curious about this commotion downstairs, being that she wasn't actually anywhere near it and all, so she made her way back to the port side and looked down upon her teammates. They were all freaking out over something on the ground, some kind of stick... wait, were those fingers? Was that a hand?

Mint took a step back in shock. That couldn't be... real, right? Sure, he liked bombs, but he always seemed like an alright dude! How could Finn do something like this?!

Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.

Marticus

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2016, 03:55:25 PM »
"Please don't say it looks fresh. That's just...... blegh" Finn painfully groaned out before going back to vomiting against the ship. This was so bad. A ship, full of presumably lovely people, now brutally butchered. And whatever it was might still be inside. Joy of joys. At least now he'd gotten rid of his breakfast.

Finn pushed off of the ship and stumbled over to Duncan. "I'm presuming that we're gonna have to go in, right? We can't just, call for backup? Sit it out? Maybe go purge this day from our eyes?" Finn babbled nervously as he looked at the disgusted and horrified faces of his new team while wringing his hands anxiously.

Dead_Proxy21

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2016, 04:52:13 AM »
Duncan steeled his nerves for his team and proceeded to stand up. He was just as nervous as the rest, but he had to pull the reigns from here on out. He walked over to Finn and put his hand on his shoulder.

"If you want to go clear your senses that's fine. We can take a break and reconvene in 5 minutes."
Approved:
Eva Anders "BOOM!!!!!"

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2016, 11:51:40 AM »
Mao nodded and took a few steps back, his stomach twisting and turning. He turned around and lay heavy, nausea-induced coughs into his elbow. He felt the need to throw up, and it might've even been the better route to take as at least the sickness in his stomach; he didn't though, and they meant he would feel continuously ill for a few minutes.

He turned back toward his teammates. "Hey, if you're goin' to throw up, at least do it in the water." He smiled meekly.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2016, 02:31:19 PM »
Mint took a deep breath and calmed herself down. Of course her team would have a reasonable explanation for this; how could she ever have doubted they would? It was probably just her eyes playing tricks on her anyway, right? Hard to judge at this distance. Everything's fine!

She climbed down to rejoin the team and find everything very much not fine. Good thing she ate a light breakfast.

Marticus

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2016, 02:15:01 PM »
Finn shook his head and groaned in dismay. "No, no I'm good. Just needed a minute. We should probably check for survivors" Finn sighed softly after he finished speaking. He wasn't holding out hope that there would be any though, but someone had to make the suggestion. If there were, then it was gonna be their lucky hour. "Is there anyway we could, maybe, go in a different way? Anybody have a grappling hook or a ladder maybe? Just so we can avoid the dark, corpse filled room behind that hole".

Dead_Proxy21

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2016, 01:41:12 AM »
"Maybe we can get on the boat from the rear, if anyone wants to get their feet wet."

Duncan points to the Aft section of the boat. It may be a longshot but he wonders if the ship had a built in ladder in the aft section.

"All else fails, I'll go in through the hole, see about finding the rope on the port side, and drop it over so everyone else can come up."
Approved:
Eva Anders "BOOM!!!!!"

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2016, 09:04:47 AM »
Mao watched as Mint rejoined the troupe. He started walking toward her. "We could definitely search for an opening on the deck. And lucky for us," he put an arm around her shoulder, "Mint here was just up there." Mao gave Mint a couple of light pats on the shoulder before reeling his arm back in and talking a few steps away, his hand resting on his chin.

"Tell us, Mint: Did ya...find anythin' up there? Anythin' that could save us the trouble of havin' ta take off our shoes?" It sounded like he was almost interrogating here, but there was a certain flimsiness to his voice that made him sound a bit off.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting