Author Topic: Sorin Setin  (Read 2808 times)

sasukerr14

• View Profile
Sorin Setin
« on: October 19, 2016, 04:45:13 AM »
CHARACTER

Name: Sorin Setin

Species and Gender: Human Male

Symbol: A sunset with an explosion where the sun would be.

Appearance: At 5'9 and 159 pounds Sorin has a very lean figure. His short white hair almost covers his red-orange eyes and the observant look that goes with them. Outside of his school uniform Sorin usually wears dark cargo pants and a red long sleeved shirt with his emblem on the back. Whether he plans on going into battle or not determines if he will be wearing his metal soled boots or just his basic orange sneakers. His skin tone is somewhat pale and numerous small scars can be seen across his body and face due to the street fights he would get in when he was younger. Besides for the scars Sorin has a very unassuming and average face, with all of his features seeming to fit the frame of his face comfortably, the most you could say for him in way of attractiveness is that he looks healthy.

History: Born and raised in vale it was rare that Sorin ever had to deal with or even worry about grimm, so most of his time when he was young was spent reading books from his dads small shop or studying for school. That is, until the day that his fathers shop got robbed. On that day he tried to fight the robbers, but being a scrawny child of 8 Sorin was easily taken care of as the thieves got away. Even though he didn't do much it was on that day that Sorin learned he enjoyed fighting. So he started working hard to get into Signal, the street fights he got into often causing problems for his dad but in the end it worked, he got into Signal. Enjoying both the combat and acedemic sides of Signal, Sorin did well initially, until he discovered his semblance. At that point he became obsessed, spending almost all of his time training to use it better or just thinking about it in general and this led to trouble. He began missing many classes and even when he attended classes it was rare he would do any of the work. After this leading to Sorin being held back a year he was finally able to see that his obsession was unhealthy and to become a huntsman he would to focus just as much on the acedemics as he was on his semblance. The rest of his time in Signal was mostly uneventful after that, as his enjoyment of his studies led to his entering of Beacon very easy. In Sorins eyes, Beacon was the pinnacle of success for a student and his first year cemented that idea in stone. Beacon was truly amazing and Sorins pride only increased as he grew to call beacon his home.

Personality: Sorin is bright and very observant, picking up as much as he can about the people around him in hopes of using that knowledge to gain an upper hand in fights or sparring matches. Sorin also enjoys fighting and watching fights so he can always learn more. Outside of fighting though hes never really interacted with people much and often is uncomfortable in social situations. If talking about fighting he can often get heated if someone has a differing view and will often attempt to fight them.

Aura and Semblance: Sorin has a red-orange aura. His semblance is the ability to set a time bomb through contact. The longer he remains in contact the bigger the eventual explosion will be. His normal explosion caused by maintaining contact for 1 second causes an explosion 1 foot in diameter and uses little to no energy. For every additional 4 seconds Sorin maintains contact the explosion diameter increases by 1 foot up to a maximum of 10 feet. When planting the time bomb Sorin mentally sets the timer anywhere from 2 seconds up to 30 seconds and the hand placing the bomb glows with the color of his aura. The time bomb is not a physical item and therefore does not have a physical form but does leave off a glow where it is. The time bomb can be disarmed by applying a small amount of aura to it, around 1.5% per foot in diameter of the explosion,  the bigger the explosion the more aura needed to disarm it. The time bomb does not affect what it is attached to. For example a time bomb placed on someones back might knock them forward but will do them no harm, or a bomb placed on someones lolipop would explode in their mouth but the lolipop would be perfectly fine.

Combat behavior: Sorins combat style heavily uses his semblance. Whether setting a time bomb on the enemy to set up for a future combo or just putting time bombs on fireworks before he throws them, his semblance plays a part in almost all aspects of his combat behavior. If his aura is low or if the situation calls for it he will switch fireworks into its secondary form. While in the knuckles mode as Sorin refers to it, he has to be very careful if he decides to use time bombs, accidently placing one on fireworks could end disastrously. Sorin is not particulary strong(slightly less than average) and doesnt have amazing speed(average or only very slightly higher) so he relies on his semblance and learning the opponents fighting style. Learning about his opponents is usually done outside of combat through watching them fight or by observing their actions, but if Sorin doesnt know much about his opponent he will try to learn mid-battle. This often takes the form of Sorin keeping a small to medium amount of distance and throwing shuriken, some being time bombed, and just generally observing how they react to situations. This can sometimes lead to situations of Sorin purposefully putting himself in harms way or doing a weird move that leaves himself wide open just to see how the opponent will react. Also even if Sorin knows someones fighting style he could just plain get outclassed if the opponent is a better fighter or more experienced.

WEAPON

Name: Fireworks

Primary form: Multiple shuriken each slightly more than a centimeter thick with the holes in the middle being big enough for a finger and three out of the four blades looking somewhat mechanical.

Secondary form: By putting a shuriken on all four fingers(excludes thumb) with the one unmechanized point facing outward in line with the knuckle, the other three points transform by closing clockwise and attaching to the shuriken next to it to form bladed brass knuckles.

History: Fireworks was thought up and created while in Signal. Picking the thrown shuriken up after a battle is a hastle.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 02:48:37 AM by sasukerr14 »

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    I never post on time, don't ask why.
    • View Profile
Re: Sorin Setin
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 12:13:40 AM »

No birthdate. Intentional?

Second year students are usually 18 year old, expand as to why he's one year late within his history.

Appearance: At 5'9 and 159 pounds Sorin has a very lean figure. His short white hair almost covers his red-orange eyes and the observant look that goes with them. Outside of his school uniform Sorin usually wears dark cargo pants and a red long sleeved shirt with his emblem on the back. Whether he plans on going into battle or not determines if he will be wearing his metal soled boots or just his basic orange sneakers.

History: Born and raised in vale it was rare that Sorin ever had to deal with or even worry about grimm, so most of his time when he was young was spent reading books from his dads small shop or studying for school. That is, until the day that his fathers shop got robbed. On that day he tried to fight the robbers, but being a scrawny child of 8 Sorin was easily taken care of as the thieves got away. Even though he didn't do much it was on that day that Sorin learned he enjoyed fighting. So he started working hard to get into Signal, the street fights he got into often causing problems for his dad but in the end it worked, he got into Signal. Enjoying both the combat and acedemic sides of Signal he was very happy when he was accepted into Beacon.

Expand on them quite a bit, and I'll offer a few suggestions for each section:

Appearance. Skin color? Are they buff? Are they fat or thin? Facial features?

History. Expand on his time in Signal, and maybe talk about his first year in Beacon. Once again mentioning it, add a reason why Sorin joined Beacon later than most normal students.

Aura and Semblance: "...The time bomb can be disarmed by applying a small amount of aura to it, the bigger the explosion the more aura needed to disarm it..."

Do mention about much aura it would take to disarm it, like, a number for official combat threads. Same for the second part of it.

Combat behavior: Sorins combat style heavily uses his semblance. Whether setting a time bomb on the enemy to set up for a future combo or just putting time bombs on fireworks before he throws them, his semblance plays a part in almost all aspects of his combat behavior. If his aura is low or if the situation calls for it he will switch fireworks into its secondary form. While in the knuckles mode as Sorin refers to it, he has to be very careful if he decides to use time bombs, accidently placing one on fireworks could end disastrously.

Maybe talk more about his strength and weaknesses? No range maybe? Add onto it.

Tertiary form: N/A
Dust functions: N/A

Don't need these if you don't put anything in it.
White Fang: ShowHide

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

Vale: ShowHide
First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Atlas: ShowHide
Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Mistral: ShowHide
Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

sasukerr14

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 02:50:25 AM »
Edited.
  And I actually just forgot to add birthdate initially.

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    I never post on time, don't ask why.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 03:29:53 AM »
Seems fine.

Approved 1/2
White Fang: ShowHide

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

Vale: ShowHide
First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 12:40:00 PM »
Wow, six days on the cutting room floor. Sorry about that.

Approved and moved.
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide