collapse

* News

Author Topic: First Year 2v2 Match - Round 1: Malina/Carmine V Juno/Verdant[Limited: 4/8]  (Read 1314 times)

Dr. Gustave

  • Administrator
  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • *****
  • The Nice Admin

  • 485
  • Karma:
    +157/-154
  • Personal Text
    White Fang plotline GM
    • View Profile
Fortunately for Malina, who hadn't even noticed Juno firing off his disks again, she already gone when the disk arrived to where they had intended to slam into her. The joys of already using her propulsion Dust.

Meanwhile, Malina was focused on her opponent. From the aura meters set up around the arena, she could tell his name was Verdant. She could tell he was somewhat slim. She could tell he didn't use a close ranged weapon. She could tell that as far as she could tell, he was purely long ranged. And most importantly, she could tell that he'd only used explosive Dust and ice Dust so far, which meant when she saw him land and begin to ready his bow, there was only one winning move.

Malina quickly twitched her staff downward and shot another burst of propulsion Dust, sending her flying into the air once more, nearly avoiding the explosion that followed. (-9 Because she avoided most of it but still got his by the edge) "What's wrong, Verdant? We should get to know each other a bit closer!" At the apex of her launch, the dust chamber in Manticore spun, landing on the fire chamber. As she began to descend she ejected the propulsion canister from her staff and quickly replaced it with a fire Dust canister, just before whipping Manticore to the side and sending her into a spin.

As she came down, she lead into her attack with a swift spinning kick (7 Damage) before following it up with a slash from Manticore. (10+3 Damage. No venom inserted) As soon as Malina's feet touched the cracked and broken earth, she quickly gripped onto her staff, prepared for the counter attack.

(Aura: 71/100)
Spoiler: Vale • show
Huntress-in-Training: Malina Nahualli ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #E41B17 Thinking: #990012
Beacon Professor: Alban Inverno ~ Headmaster of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #104E8B Thinking: #56A5EC
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C

Spoiler: Mistral • show
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
White Fang Captain: Cornix ~ Survivor of Mistral and Captain in Vale
Speaking: #D0DAE0 Thinking: #BCC6CC
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Spoiler: Vacuo • show
Hunter-in-Training: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vox Machinae

  • Administrator
  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • *****
  • Abusive Webmaster

  • 166
  • Karma:
    +34/-11
    • View Profile
(The following grab was authorized by Rush when I authorized Juno's.)

Carmine had not been sitting idle after Juno grappled her, but the punch to the face had momentarily stunned her. The punch to the gut had winded her a little.

Being thrown face-first into the wall, where she could clearly see the new crack in her visor from Juno's fist, pissed her off. "Oh 'Ell no," she growled, whipping around as Juno was withdrawing, firing her own grapple line from Al-Maisan and hooking onto the other student's back. "Like 'ell I'm lettin' you get away with that one!"

The heat around her, from the hot rocks and lava, cooled as she pulled as much out of the air as possible. Even so, her aura readings ticked downward with the sudden force of throwing Juno into the air and threw him down with a second, even stronger burst of aura. Condensation began forming in the air around her as she drove Juno back-down into the ground, the rock around her armored opponent shattering and crumbling under the force.

(20 damage from impact.)




Nonus remained fixated on the match. "So am I to finishings?" He gave only the barest glance to the Patriarch sitting next to him. "You have but to give voice to commandings..."

"I am... aware... and if I had desire to... see her dead," Leonius resisted the urge to add "again" to that statement, "I would command it... or take matters... into my own... bone-crushing hands..." Leonius reached over to Ayla's seat, feeling her shiver as he placed his hand on her thigh, just under the bottom edge of her shorts where she had skin instead of metal. "This visit to the arena... is nothing more than a treat... for our Servi... and a chance... for me to spend time with my cousin's... husband..."

Nonus scoffed, but a smile tugged at his lips. "You stand a Patriarch. Nothing is ever so simples with you, good Leonius Regulus."

"Of course..." Leonius chuckled, "and by the same measure... your attempts to find out what I'm... really doing... will fall precisely in the plan I do have, good Nonus Anguis..."




Retracting Al-Maisan's grapple reel, and looking at the steaming crater she had made with a Juno-shaped kinetic impactor, Carmine decided something. And announced her decision. "I'm not finished with you!" She shook off something at the back of her mind, and fired Al-Nayyir's grapple reel back at the mountain.

Another surge of aura drained out of Carmine as kinetic energy tore a chunk of rock from the arena, and she none-too-carefully threw it onto the Juno-hole.

That... That needed a better name. She was very glad she hadn't used that out loud. But she winced when it landed, suddenly very worried about her opponent. And the arena, as the cracks from the crater spread enough to reach the edge. And the lava. "'Ey... do you, uh..." She cleared her throat. "Do you surrender?"

(10-30 damage from the boulder and heat)

(Aura: 70% and rising.)

Rush

  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ***
  • "Better than Krillin"

  • 125
  • Karma:
    +14/-3
  • Personal Text
    The man your man could post like
    • View Profile
Juno didn't have a chance to help out his teammate before he felt a sharp tug at his back. Apparently, this girl had a grappling line, too. The sudden pull was jarring enough to distract him from the fact that he couldn't quite feel the ground, only for that oddity to be remedied once he crashed back down at a significant velocity.

The initial impact was forceful, harsh enough for him to crack through a significant layer of the rock. It was jarring, really. Everything that had just happened was unexpected, and now he was beneath the stadium's rocky crust. He had just reached out for the edge and pulled himself up when he saw the boulder come at him, prompting him to duck back down into the now expanded hole.

It was bright when he opened his eyes. The boulder's impact had shook him around the hole, and he could see small trails of magma seeping through the cracks of the crater. Brilliant.

He could hear his opponent ask if he surrendered from outside. Was this happening? The entire world just saw him get launched into a crater, and have his opponent drop a giant fucking rock on him. And now she was asking if he was okay? Well. Now he knew how Xanh felt.

"No, I'm fine. Just... Gimme a minute." Juno yelled from inside the hole, pausing as Phi into existence and shook her head before disappearing.

Seeing as Carmine was still within range of the suit, Phi had no trouble in blinking in front of her, the pseudo AI's smaller form leaning on an invisible wall and nonchalantly checking her digital nails. "Yeah... There's lava in the hole. He's not gonna be fine."

[Aura 40%]

[4 slots charging]
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 12:55:48 PM by Rush »
Juno Vert: 1st year student of Beacon, Armored leader of Team VCVS

Phi: #007ba7

Nebu Nekhbet: DUAT unit 01: Desegnation RA

Nebu/Rho: #FFD700

SirZinger

  • Newbie

  • Offline
  • *

  • 22
  • Karma:
    +5/-1
  • Personal Text
    Let's get it done.
    • View Profile
After Malina dodged Verdant's explosive arrow and flew into the air, Verdant saw with his semblance that she had to manually reload her staff with dust.  He had been searching for a weak spot against his opponent and now he had one. He saw he her foot starting to come toward him and he rolled backward out of the way. As he rolled he drew two concussive arrows from his quiver and fired the first between him and Malina to separate the two of them. As he sailed through the air he fired the second arrow at the reloading mechanism of Malina's staff attempting to knock the staff out of her hand and hopefully damage the mechanism. 

Once he hit the ground he drew two basic arrows and prepared for his opponents next move.

[Concussive Arrows: 5 damage + knock back]

[Aura: 76%]
Verdant Cowl First Year Student. Archer of VCVS

Dr. Gustave

  • Administrator
  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • *****
  • The Nice Admin

  • 485
  • Karma:
    +157/-154
  • Personal Text
    White Fang plotline GM
    • View Profile
Malina smirked as she saw her opponent reach to draw his bow. She was right, just a long range weapon. Not very smart, in her opinion, but hey, it put her at a significant advantage. This was simple and clean. Close quarters combat, just a few feet away and Malina's specialty, against someone who was purely long range. That was too easy. As long as she stayed close by she'd be done with him quickly. In the meantime however...

She could feel the SCF mingle with her aura as it quickly flared around her. She wouldn't have time for a short gloat or quip, so she forewent pleasantries. As soon as she saw that hand go for the weapon, she let her aura explode out of her once more. Though, it was different this time. The SCF in Manticore had let her turn her simple concussive burst to an explosive wall of flame. (13 Damage + Knock back) As the dome shot outward, the cracked and broken ground beneath the two finally gave way to the immense force and splintered.

Below her, Malina felt the ground give way and begin to fall downward as magma shot upward into the air. A resounding "Shit!" was the only thing she could muster before launching herself backward. Away from her opponent. 'This is some bullshit! Next time I'm near him, I am not holding back!'

As she flew backward through the air, she held down the trigger on her staff and quickly fired a fireball in the direction she assumed her opponent had been sent. (8 damage if direct hit, 5 if splash damage)

(Aura: 71/100)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 11:47:16 PM by Dr. Gustave »
Spoiler: Vale • show
Huntress-in-Training: Malina Nahualli ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #E41B17 Thinking: #990012
Beacon Professor: Alban Inverno ~ Headmaster of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #104E8B Thinking: #56A5EC
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C

Spoiler: Mistral • show
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
White Fang Captain: Cornix ~ Survivor of Mistral and Captain in Vale
Speaking: #D0DAE0 Thinking: #BCC6CC
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Spoiler: Vacuo • show
Hunter-in-Training: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vox Machinae

  • Administrator
  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • *****
  • Abusive Webmaster

  • 166
  • Karma:
    +34/-11
    • View Profile
Spoiler: OOC • show
The following conversation was worked out between Rush and I for the sake of saving time. Also, apologies for my post being late, I've been quite sick lately.


It was a... thing. A tiny, humanoid, blue thing.

A CUTE thing, made clear as Carmine gave an excited squeal. "'Oly shit, you're adorable, what are you!?" Flicking Al-Maisan and Al-Nayyir back onto her belt, and starting their reload cycles was almost an afterthought.

The blue thing did not seem amused. "I'm your conscience. Telling you to let that guy out of the hole. I dont think he has much air in there, either."

"'E 'as big enough air 'oles. ... But the lava... nnnn..." She let Al-Maisan and Al-Nayyir hang in their holsters, flicking their mode to charge shot and letting them build power while she approached the blue thing, and started poking it. It was solid. Warm. Like the disks but different. "So what are you, really?"

The adorable hologram girl rolled her simulated eyes at the repeated question. "I'm mostly an AI. Juno is my handler." A tilt of her head indicated t he rock, or more likely the young man under it.

"... Tell 'im to say sorry for cracking my sunglasses!" Poke. Poke. Poke. The hologram lady seemed to flinch, but didn't otherwise respond. She could feel it, but was probably trying to be stoic. "'E got lucky an' got me while my aura was cyclin' thanks to my Semblance..." Poke. Poke. Carmine's finger continued prodding the adorable little cyber pixie. "... An' I can let 'im out if 'e surrenders..."

"First one, maybe." The hologram swatted at her finger. Carmine felt that and pulled her finger back. "Second is no deal."

"Well, if I go lettin' 'im out, 'es going to go back to tryin' to wreck my shit!" Carmine stopped, and looked past the computer fairy at the boulder. "Buuuuuuuuut... lettin' 'im cook is no good either..."

The hologram rolled her eyes again. "That's called murder, yes."

"Naaaah," Carmine waved it off, turning her gaze back to the cute computer, "There's safeties in these tourneys, 'e'll be fine..." She sniffed, and frowned. She crossed her arms, looking at the boulder again. "... But lettin' people cook under boulders ain't CUTE..." It wasn't. There was precisely nothing cute about roasting under an enormous rock. Unlike the hologram. That was cute. That was super cute. She looked back at the glowy girl in question, and grinned. Big. Happy. Creepy. Carmine started to giggle. "Buuuuuuuut I'm getting an IDEA..."

That little glowing blue bundle of adorable was clearly no simple computer algorithm as she began fidgeting nervously with the collar of her simulated suit under Carmine's gaze. "... I dont like how you said that." The collar moved under her adjustment, like real clothing. It cemented Carmine's idea. Her grin got broader, and broader.

""... That's not a permanent part of your model, is it?"" The giggling resumed as Carmine watched the cyber fairy move. "That's a separate part of your model, or whatever. You can change clothes, can't you?"

The cute hologram looked around the arena, as it looking for a place to escape to, but she answered, nervousness obvious in her voice. "... Yes..?"

Carmine's grin vanished. Her giggling stop. In a moment, she had snapped into a look of seriousness and focus. Flatly, her voice laden with purpose, her holy purpose, Carmine spoke to the hologram. "I want to dress you up."

The glowing blue girl seemed taken aback. "Oh." She looked at Carmine. She blinked. "Ooooooh." The hologram seemed to think about it a moment. "So if I let you do that, you'll let Juno out of the hole?"

Carmine restrained her excitement, clearing her throat and glancing aside. "... Depends... 'Ow many outfits do I get to pick out for you an' 'ow standard is your renderer... thing?"

"Hmm..." She seemed to think a moment. "Five. And it can do color, if that's what you're asking."

Carmine's response was immediate. "... Eight, an' I was talkin' more about standard models."

Her soon-to-be dress up doll rolled her simulated eyes again. "Fine. Eight. And you can pretty much make whatever models you want, just get rid of the rock." Annoyance dripped from the hologram's words.

As cute as she was, the hologram wasn't the only one in the situation, and Carmine looked past her, at the rock. What was his name? The guy under the rock, not the rock. The rock didn't have a name. Yet. She deflected that train of thought, before she gave the rock a cute name. She couldn't think of the young man's name, and she hadn't bothered to give his aura reading on her (now-cracked) visor's overlay his name. Janus? Junebug? Jackass? Carmine couldn't think of it. Something with a J. Didn't matter, she had a name. A fitting name, and cute!
""'Eeeeey. Pancake," she yelled, cupping her hands around her mouth like a make-shift megaphone. "Did you 'ear all that? Is all that fine with you? I get that rock off you, an' I get to dress up your AI after the match? Promises all 'round?""

Under the rock, came a muffled reply. "Yeah, yeah. Go for it," the young man said while his AI sighed. Carmine thankfully could neither hear nor comprehend the "... bitch..." that followed.

Carmine started to look around, trying to think of how she wanted to remove the rock. Throw it off of him with her semblance? Smash it with another rock? Shoot it with a charged shot? So many options. But she had forgotten something. "Oh yeah! An' say sorry for crackin' my visor!"

"Rock first, apology later!"

Carmine had not heard Juniper (or whatever) call her a bitch. That had gone in his favor, as that sort of rudeness would have gotten that rock picked up and dropped on him. But putting a condition on an apology? Rude. Very rude.

Carmine had her solution as she took her guns off her belt, and fired Al-Nayyir's charged shot at the boulder, which was now named Snuffles, sending its pieces flying around the arena as Snuffles was pierced by a bolt of white light and exploded from within. Carmine didn't point Al-Maisan at Junkrat just yet, tilting her head.

"Rock's gone, can I 'ear that apology now??"

(Aura: 85% from heat recharging)
(Charge Shot Explosion and Shrapnel: 5-15 damage.)

Rush

  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ***
  • "Better than Krillin"

  • 125
  • Karma:
    +14/-3
  • Personal Text
    The man your man could post like
    • View Profile
[Imminent grab combo granted by Gus]

So. Apparently, flying people weren't exempt from the Valish Air Traffic laws. A note Rho made a point to file away in case her handler had forgotten about it. To be frank, things were much easier in Atlas; wave around proper clearance and you were good to go. As an operative of SET, clearance was never an issue for Nebu.

What was an issue, however, was that an old SET asset had popped up outside of Atlas. ANUBIS and Phi had been stolen roughly four years ago, and were assumed to have left the hands of the thief, one "Juno Vert", shortly after the heists. However, it appeared this was not the case. Juno had kept the suit, adopting it as his weapon. Now the thief was enrolled in Beacon, and slated to participate in the Vytal festeval tournament.

The operator of Unit-RA now had both a location and a time. Now she needed an approach...

The RA suit was covered in a white and gold cloak as the girl waded through the crowd to find her seat. From what she saw, the ANUBIS operator was unimpressive, pitiful even. The suit was built for defense and close quarters, yet the boy had been knocked around like a pinball on multiple occasions.

"Is that him? Is Phi there too?" Rho inquired, using Nebu's headset as a medium for communication.

"They've made modifications to the suit, but the tech is still SET. It must be him. And if the generator is running, then your sister is with him." Nebu replied before drawing her scroll, snapping a picture of the boy as he was thrown into the ground, and sending it to a contact labeled 'Leonard Princely'.

"You were right. I'm set to engage once the combatants leave the stage."



Juno was relieved at Carmine's gesture of removing the rock, but the second he heard the gunshot, he panicked, deploying the shield and holding it between him and the boulder keeping him away from the fight. While the shrapnel bounced harmlessly off of the wall of metal, the sheer force of impact threw Juno against the wall, forcing his cheek against a searing hot patch of magma.

The boy's pained scream apparently went unnoticed by Carmine, who still demanded an apology. Yes, it was a condition that allowed for him to continue the fight, but she just shoved him into a wall of molten rock. Glaring at the girl as he climbed out of the hole, his suit letting off a faint trail of smoke, Juno turned toward the girl, brushing a bit of ash off of his shoulder. "I'm sorry for breaking your visor. " he stated flatly before planting the shield between the two and searching for the girl's teammate.

He couldn't engage Carmine with the kind of firepower she was apparently packing. Not to mention that he was in the worst shape out of all of the fighters. He needed to get himself back in a comfortable range, but Malina was too far away for him to charge her. Of course, he had other options...

Thanks to the length of Phi and Carmine's conversation, all of Juno's constructs had recharged, allowing him to fire off a dart toward the Scorpion girl's leg. Once her ankle had been ensnared, Juno stepped on the line and set it to retract, boucing her across the ground until she was in punching range. Soon enough, the line ceased to exist, and Juno drove a powerful right cross into the girl's jaw, bouncing her off of the ground before kicking her to the side.

Once the girl had been launched, Juno picked up the shield and fired a dart into the ground nearby Verdant, pulling himself toward the archer. "Shoot them. Shoot them both." he ordered, frustration and annoyance clear in his tone.

[Aura: 35%]

[Grab: 5%, Punch: 15%, Bounce: 3%, Kick: 10%]

[1 slot charging]
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 05:16:32 PM by Rush »
Juno Vert: 1st year student of Beacon, Armored leader of Team VCVS

Phi: #007ba7

Nebu Nekhbet: DUAT unit 01: Desegnation RA

Nebu/Rho: #FFD700

Glow

  • Been Around

  • Offline
  • **

  • 58
  • Karma:
    +6/-1
  • Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
Lazily waving a miniature flag emblazoned with the letters VCVS over a volcanic background, Samuel watched the chaos that was apparently his team's 2v2 round. After careful consideration, he was more grateful than ever he hadn't been chosen to move on - this seemed like an immense amount of effort for no return but vague promises of MORE fights in the future. Juno had to be a masochist to want to keep moving.

I mean, you gotta be somewhat freaky to get along with Caja that well, after all.

"Yay, you can do it Juno, you can do it Verdant." The faunus blandly stated. Verdant had wanted in on dat glory and - well, to be honest he wasn't particularly sure, there was a lot of explosions and arrows and stuff. He wasn't paying too much attention to either, to be honest. Little bit more attention on their enemies, good to get information to use and all that, but he was bored. If only he could find anything to do. They'd confiscated his gaming device because they thought it was a security threat or something! Admittedly, they were totally right, but that's not the point.

Giving a quiet sigh, he laid back, scanning his eyes over the crowd. There were a helluva lot of people here, bit too many for his liking. Too much noise and- oh? Spotting an odd figure in the crowd, he narrowed his eyes slightly. They seemed to be glaring a hole in the back of Juno's head. They looked kinda constipated with the focus they had on the poor guy. Who was currently being toasted a little.

Maybe an ex? Either way, perfect time to initiate plan S, the only plan. Plan Shenanigans.

Heading over to the woman who had created a bit of the gap in the crowd around her with the focus of which she stared at the competitor, Samuel sluggishly walked over to her, hands in his pockets. "Hey, is this seat taken? Thanks." Not waiting for a response, he sat down next to the girl, leaning back casually on his chair.

There was a pause.

"So. Who you rooting for?"
Samuel Quartz, First Year Beacon Student, The Boy with One Eye. VCVS

Peperian Emem, Legend of Beacon, The God. MEME

Lynn Aubin, Module-003 'Reaper' of Quartz Industries

SirZinger

  • Newbie

  • Offline
  • *

  • 22
  • Karma:
    +5/-1
  • Personal Text
    Let's get it done.
    • View Profile
Verdant hit the ground hard, a surge of pain rushed through his spine. As the shock wave had hurled him across the field.  He saw a fireball go to his right striking the ground and exploding into a huge plume of fire.  He then looked up to see Malina's foot get pulled out from under her by one of Juno's grapple hooks. Verdant pulled out two ice arrows and saw that Juno was pulling Malina across the ground. Reading Juno's tells with his semblance Verdant saw that Juno was going to kick Malina away, seeing an opportunity to help his teammate Verdant had already notched an arrow, he saw the right time to fire to help out Juno was right after Juno kicked Malina. Seeing, this Verdant fired his arrow right before Juno's kick landed, aimed where her center mass will be after taking Juno's kick.

Verdant then quickly turned to Carmine and yelled, "Hey" to get her attention and  fired an ice arrow at her leg to try to keep her in place. After firing the arrow Verdant drew a basic arrow and continued from his previous comment ,"We haven't really talked during this fight, have we?"

[Aura=63%]
Ice Arrows= 10 damage each + freezing]
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:13:14 AM by SirZinger »
Verdant Cowl First Year Student. Archer of VCVS

Vox Machinae

  • Administrator
  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • *****
  • Abusive Webmaster

  • 166
  • Karma:
    +34/-11
    • View Profile
"Hey"

Carmine had looked at Verdant, noticing the arrow before it had been loosed. "'Ey," was her only response when she darted to the side, the arrow impacting about a foot to her right and barely brushing her with ice crystals. She heard something about not talking much during the fight, and shrugged, raising Al-Maisan at the archer. "Nah, we 'aven't. But we can talk after this if you want."

It was a friendly enough exchange with someone who was suddenly facing a burst of kinetic destruction as Carmine loosed her charged shot at him before turning to snag Malina with Al-Maisan's grapple line.

"Fastball."

It was the only warning she gave Malina before she used her semblance to fling her teammate at Juno.

(Aura: 95%)
(Charged Shot: 10-15 point AOE)

Dr. Gustave

  • Administrator
  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • *****
  • The Nice Admin

  • 485
  • Karma:
    +157/-154
  • Personal Text
    White Fang plotline GM
    • View Profile
(Sorry for the late post, work was busy over the weekend.)

Malina's head rang as she laid on the ground, ice encasing her chest. This was not how it was supposed to be. These kids, the one with no close range weapon and the one with the armor. They weren't going to win this. Not this. Not now, not ever. Not if she had anything to say about it. And she knew she did, mostly due to her being ripped out of the ice and launched toward the enemy. Fastball.

As she raced through the air, the dust chamber in Manticore spun quickly and stopped with a quiet chink. It didn't take long for Malina to take in what was going on. speeding toward Juno, but not toward him. Just enough out of the way to pass by. But he wasn't an idiot, he might try to catch her... but that didn't matter. Catch or no catch, the plan was in motion and she would be in range.

Malina's teeth clenched with anger as she past to the side of Juno, she quickly swung her staff across his body, sending the pincer like blades dragging along his aura. (7 Points Damage) As soon as Malina's feet were planted on the ground, she quickly bounced back toward Juno, diving low underneath a swipe at her and putting Juno's body between her and Verdant. She glowed for a second, but only a second, as her semblance expelled aura from her body. This was different, though. This wasn't a burst of concussive force, instead a wave of thick ice quickly formed over the ground around her, starting just past Malina's feet.

With Juno now locked in place, she quickly shot Manticore out and wrapped it around the boy's right arm, slowly cooling off and freezing the armor. She quickly held down her second trigger, starting to form a fireball at the end of her staff, as she swing her staff to block a swing from Juno's free hand. As soon as the fist connected with the staff, Malina jumped upward, and kicked off of Juno's chest (3 points) as she unraveled her tail from his arm and cycled the chamber through to the empty dust chamber. As soon as she kicked away, she could feel Juno grab a hold of her leg. It didn't matter. The fireball was charged and aimed. She quickly took her finger off of the trigger and let lose a fireball directly into his chest. (8 Points damage) (5 splash damage to Malina)

As Malina landed on the now dissipating ice, she quickly smiled and thrust both of her hands forward and activated her semblance once more, sending a wave of concussive energy rocketing into Juno, sending him flying back toward Verdant. (7 + Major knock back) (10 damage to verdant if they collide)

As her opponent's flew backward toward her opponent, she took a moment to collapse to her knees to catch her breath. She trusted Carmine to distract him long enough. She just needed some time to to recuperate. That was four times total she's used her semblance this match and twice within a short time. She needed to slow down.

(Aura: 23/100)
(Damage done: 25 Points of Damage)
Spoiler: Vale • show
Huntress-in-Training: Malina Nahualli ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #E41B17 Thinking: #990012
Beacon Professor: Alban Inverno ~ Headmaster of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #104E8B Thinking: #56A5EC
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C

Spoiler: Mistral • show
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
White Fang Captain: Cornix ~ Survivor of Mistral and Captain in Vale
Speaking: #D0DAE0 Thinking: #BCC6CC
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Spoiler: Vacuo • show
Hunter-in-Training: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

SirZinger

  • Newbie

  • Offline
  • *

  • 22
  • Karma:
    +5/-1
  • Personal Text
    Let's get it done.
    • View Profile
Verdant saw Carmines' blast and he dived to get away, however, he was cooked by the explosion. If he hadn't any aura that would have seriously burned him instead the heat was dispelled across his body and damaged his aura, the pain clouded his mind for a few seconds. By the time he looked up he could see Malina with Juno frozen at her feet. Before Verdant or Juno could do anything Malina had fired an explosive shot between her and her opponent and then combined into her semblance. This caused Juno to fly through the air toward Verdant, he saw his friend coming from a mile away and was easily able to roll out of the way and drew an explosive arrow to attack Malina, who was now collapsed onto the ground from exhaustion.

[Auto hit granted by Gus]
As Verdant aimed his bow at Malina ready to knock her out of the match he thought of something to say for his first knockout of his tournament career. Verdant quickly looked up at the scoreboard to get the name of his opponent.  "Malina, you just got Ver-,"  before he could finish his stupid one liner he accidently released the drawstring too soon and nailed Malina in the chest. The resounding explosion cut off the boy's line, "Oh man I screwed that up!" the boy shouted in frustration.

He turned around to face Carmine drawing an ice arrow as he complimented the girl. "Let's take a moment to acknowledge how great this fight has gone, may the best Huntsman or Huntress win," he said still ready for an attack from his opponent.

[Aura= 53%]

[Explosive Arrow= 20 Damage]
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 12:20:25 AM by SirZinger »
Verdant Cowl First Year Student. Archer of VCVS

Rush

  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ***
  • "Better than Krillin"

  • 125
  • Karma:
    +14/-3
  • Personal Text
    The man your man could post like
    • View Profile
Nebu simply raised an eyebrow at the response she got on her scroll, an annoyed scoff escaping her lips as she read what Princely had to say.

"I could have sworn your orders were to be discrete and low profile. Showing up in full armor does not, to me, seem to be within the word or spirit of those instructions."

"Discretion went out the window when ANUBIS' handler was found. SET wants their AI and prototype back, and we have the opportunity."
The armor clad girl furiously typed in response, her frustration only amplified when one of the onlookers disrupted her train of thought with his request to sit next to her. As if she needed someone taking a peek under her cloak. To be frank, it was a wonder that Leonard himself knew that she had the RA unit on, and as much as she disliked the guy, he had a point.

"So. Who you rooting for?" the spectator asked. To be frank, Nebu didn't care who won. Her eyes were on a recently KO'd ANUBIS as she mulled over ways to engage. Yes, Amity had numerous hallways and maintenance routes that could be used to control the direction of a fight, but getting the boy down there could prove a challenge. Fights were rarely predictable.

"Who wins is not important. So long as there is something interesting to watch between the beginning and end. And, to be frank, I haven't seen much to catch my eye." she replied, returning her attention to the scroll as it buzzed in her hand.

"SET's priority is survival. Overt, and might I remind you illegal, action threatens that survival. Follow your orders."

"Then why would you tell us it was here?"

"Perhaps because I had assumed SET's most elite operative would know the importance of having a plan beyond going in as loudly as obviously as possible. Clearly, assuming competence on your part was my mistake."

"Funny. Next we speak, SET will have that suit."

"Cute. Next time we speak, you will learn the value of listening to your betters. Do not engage ANUBIS. Those are your current orders."


Nebu couldn't help but let out an exhasperated sigh at Princely's last message. Who was he to underestimate her skill as an agent? From what she had just seen, ANUBIS' handler didn't pose any serious threat. She and the DUATs could easily catch him in the locker room and contain the fight there. SET would have their suit, and she would have something to rub in the bastard Princely's face.

Hopefully she wouldn't have to wait long.



[Juno has been deemed unable to continue the fight, Aura: 10%]
Juno Vert: 1st year student of Beacon, Armored leader of Team VCVS

Phi: #007ba7

Nebu Nekhbet: DUAT unit 01: Desegnation RA

Nebu/Rho: #FFD700

Glow

  • Been Around

  • Offline
  • **

  • 58
  • Karma:
    +6/-1
  • Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
Having to suppress a grin at the brief and somewhat exasperated response, Samuel gave a light chuckle. "Well, each to their own I guess. Personally, I think that VCVS are the cooler team, despite the disadvantage they have right now. Probably won't win, but gotta support the team you like more, right?" He questioned, turning to look at the figure. Now that he thought about it... that whole cloak think was a little bit suspicious.

The phrase was cloak-and-dagger, after all.

"So, uh, bit too bright for you huh? I know the feeling." The teen murmured, referring to said item. "Sometimes it's just all a bit much, huh?" Less so that time. He turned away for a moment, fingertips slowly drumming against his leg. "Ah, how rude of me. I'm Samuel. Don't think I caught your name, uh, miss...?" He trailed off, looking back at her.

Whatever the cause of her looking rather pissed off at his teammate was, better to distract the person as much as possible. He didn't look in much of a state to fight right now.
Samuel Quartz, First Year Beacon Student, The Boy with One Eye. VCVS

Peperian Emem, Legend of Beacon, The God. MEME

Lynn Aubin, Module-003 'Reaper' of Quartz Industries

Vox Machinae

  • Administrator
  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • *****
  • Abusive Webmaster

  • 166
  • Karma:
    +34/-11
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 2v2 Match - Round 1: Malina/Carmine V Juno/Verdant[Limited: 4/8]
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2016, 05:01:58 PM »
Spoiler: OOC • show
I'm really sorry about the delays. A lot of pain, several bad medication reactions, and five hospital visits later, here I am. Still not 100% so I'll be kind of phoning it in. Sorry about that. Delays were okayed by all parties. Only Gus was bullied into accepting them, but that's more out of habit than anything.


Time stretched out for Carmine as she saw Malina get hit, a moment seeming like a month as one thought ran through Carmine's mind. He shot her in the tit. A second thought. Also, he fucked up his one liner. That was a less important thought, so she went back to the first. Poor Malina. That looked like it hurt. Note to self: don't get hit in the tit. Or anywhere else super sensitive. Ooooh hell, if my aura fluctuates when I get hit, it might cause a wardrobe malfunction. The whole world might see my boob. Her awareness was dragged to her arm. Or my scar. ... Don't know what would be worse. At least my boob is cute? But eeeeeeeeee-

Malina. Shot. Pain. Carmine's wandering train of thought snapped back to the present. Some primal, buried part of her took her by the head, forced her to look at the threat Verdant posed, and forced her to do what it said.

FOCUS.

Verdant had turned to Carmine as her train of thought locked on to the battle, one of his ice arrows drawn. "Let's take a moment to acknowledge how great this fight has gone, may the best Huntsman or Huntress win."

Carmine just nodded, and fired Al-Maisan and Al-Nayyir between her and Verdant, explosive and smoke pellets kicking up a thick cloud to block line of sight between the two combatants. "Yeah, an' no 'ard feelings either way for 'ow this goes. Sound good?" Her message delivered, she ducked to the side, rolling and  using one gun to expand her smoke field and the other's flechette fire to pepper Verdant's position. (5 damage)

(Aura: 115%)