Author Topic: Robyn Reseda (Ready I think?)  (Read 2465 times)

Robin

• View Profile
Robyn Reseda (Ready I think?)
« on: October 25, 2017, 02:37:13 PM »
CHARACTER

Name:
Robyn Reseda

Species and Gender:
Female Robin Faunus

Symbol:
A brick red robin on a dark brown tree branch

First Year Beacon Student

Appearance:
Robyn is an average sized girl, with a height of 5'6, a weight of 165lbs and tanned skin. She has curly auburn hair that falls to just above her shoulders, with a fringe that stops at her eyebrows and brown feathers dotted throughout. Her eyes are a dark brown colour that contrast with Robyn's preferential green eye shadow, while her nose is smaller than would suit her face. Robyn's has rather prominent lips that she likes to cover in soft pink lipstick, and on her chin is a circular birthmark. Robyn wears earrings with grey feathers hanging from them, and has an tattoo of a feather behind her left ear.

For her casual outfits, Robyn likes to keep things simple and rustic. She typically wears forest coloured cardigans; reds, browns, and greens, over a dark green plaid button up shirt and a tank top, with a pair of dark jeans and slip on shoes to complete the look. If the weather is particularly cold, or Robyn's just in the mood, she'll throw on brown scarf and mittens as well, while abandoning the cardigan if she's too warm.

In combat, Robyn switches to a light green shirt sleeved shirt and dark green skirt, with brown woolen tights and black hiking boots. On her skirt is a black belt that holds the cartridges for Robyn's weapon. On Robyn's left thigh is the sheath for her knife. Over her outfit Robyn wears a dark green cloak that serves to both hide her weapons and keep her warm when not in combat, as she quickly discards it when a fight begins.

History:
Robyn was born in a small village in a forest near the west coast of Vale. The village was about a days journey from a small port city and Robyn's family lived a few hours outside the village as her Grandmother liked her privacy. Robyn's mother died of an illness a few years after she was born and she was raised by her Father and Grandmother. Robyn's father spent most of his time hunting and would sell the excess meat and furs in the village during the weekly market. Robyn spent her early life helping her Grandmother with the chores or her father with his hunting, mostly learning how to fetch arrows and skin animals during the early years.

Robyn's Grandmother was a teacher in the village before she became too old and frail to make the daily journey back and forth, so Robyn was homeschooled. This meant that she only got to see other children on the market days, though that didn't stop her making good friends, who occasionally got her into trouble for sneaking out to meet up with them. During these market days, it was a tradition for elders to tell stories after the trading was over, and any Huntsmen and Huntresses that were passing through were often pestered into telling a few of their own. It was one of these traveling Huntresses that unlocked Robyn's aura, along with her father's, as payment for food for her journey. It was this Huntress that inspired Robyn to go to Beacon and become a Huntress herself, a dream her father couldn't deny, as he'd gone on his own little adventure when he was young.

It was only when she was thirteen that her father allowed Robyn to join him on the occasional hunt, as long as she had been good. At first, Robyn would only check the snares her father set up and pick berries for them to enjoy, but as she got older and proved herself responsible enough, her father allowed Robyn to set up some of the snares. In the event they came across any Grimm, Robyn's father would handle them at a distance. Just before her sixteenth birthday, Robyn's Grandmother passed away of a chill, and left her father a sizable inheritance, mostly due to the lack of necessity for money were they lived. Some of this was used to purchase weapons for Robyn and passage to Vale, which Robyn used to take the entrance exam for Beacon, which she passed with fairly good marks.

Personality:
Robyn is a bright and friendly girl, that always seems to be full of cheer. She's sweet and kindhearted, ready to help or hang out with anyone at a moments notice. Robyn doesn't really place distinctions on people, regardless of if they're Human or Faunas; friend or foe. The way she sees it, today's enemy might just be tomorrow's ally. That's not to say Robyn is kind to the point of naievity; she is willing to fight to protect others. She just won't go beyond that into the realm of hatred and cruelty. Being raised by a hunter means that Robyn has grown used to seeing guts and gore, and they don't turn her stomach all that much.

Beyond being a kind soul, Robyn is also immensely curious about things, with a tendency to stick her nose into things she shouldn't just because they intrigue her. That's not to say that she's a good listener, as Robyn is a bit of a chatterbox. Similarly, she has no real boundaries when it comes to physical affection, constantly leaning on or throwing arms around her friends or even strangers. Robyn also has a deep respect for nature and wildlife, and likes to go outside and learn by doing more than by sitting in a classroom all day.

When it comes to anti-Faunus discrimination, Robyn doesn't react to it any differently than she does to any other kind of hatred. She doesn't think she's special or in any way wrong because she's a Faunus, just different. But she is soft hearted, and is more likely to clam up and run from any manner of abuse than fight it directly. She likes to think she's too sweet to get angry at anyone.

As an aside, apart from the feathers, Robyn's Faunus heritage also emerges in the form of a fondness for music. She can't actually play any instruments, and doesn't have a particularlygood voice, but in her father's words she'd "whistle for Vale".

Aura and Semblance:
Robyn's aura is a shade of green unsurprisingly.

Her semblance allows Robyn to "hear" the aura of a single individual and use it to track them, in a 20 square metre radius. She developed this from her time spent tracking game with her father. It is limited to a single target at a time, and requires her to keep eyes on the targrt fir 5 seconds prior. It doesn't have a duration, but fades immediately if Robyn is too far away from her target, and thus must be reapplied.

Combat Behavior:
Robyn typically takes the role of scout-assassin in combat, sneaking up on opponents and using her relatively quiet weapon to eliminate them without being caught. But this is her ideal scenario, and can be quite hard to set up depending on the circumstances. As such, in a straight fight, Robyn plays a mid ranged evasion game, keeping ahead of her opponents and taking shots at them when able, showing solid accuracy when standing still or on the move  She's rather quick on her feet, and has surprising endurance, but isn't the physically strongest person in the world. Likewise, Robyn is highly dependant on her crossbow for combat, as her close quarters skills are only average at best when she uses her knife, and rather hopeless without it. The blade is really more of a survival knife than a combat knife, used only in desperate circumstances, yet her father trained her well enough to be able to defend herself with it, should the situation require it.

WEAPON

Name:
Yewlogy

Primary Form:
A dark green, pump action recurve crossbow that's been modified to fire collapsible bolts from cartridges. The main body of the crossbow is a forest green, while the stock, wings and pump are a lighter shade. Trilogy has a detachable scope to aid at range. The cartridges are attached from the front, with symbols to differentiate between normal and Dust bolts  and operate as part of the crossbow when attached, while the pump mechanism automates the firing mechanism by pushing the nut, drawing the bow string and expanding the bolt in one motion, then pulling the nut and bolt together for use.

Secondary Form:
The bow curves inward and the stock collapses slightly when a button is pressed, turning it into a more compact form that can be slung over Robyn's back.

Dust Functions:
Yewlogy also uses simplistic explosive Dust bolts for added firepower. The combine fire and earth Dust to create shrapnel with equivalent force to a hand grenade.

History:
Robyn received her crossbow from the part of the inheritance her Grandmother left her in her will. She promptly painted it in her favourite colour, and is quite attached to it, as it's not just a weapon but a reminder of her family and home.

Robyn also has a survival knife that her father gave her for her fifteenth birthday, which she keeps in a sheath on her leg.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 04:07:50 AM by Robin »

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
Re: Robyn Reseda
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 12:05:40 PM »
Hey looks like this is coming along well just wanted to say we aren't given any notifications if you edit the page once posted so if you want something looked over just post in the thread below.

As for what you have got already the only issue I can see is that the Vale-Mistral boarder is water as they are on different continents. Vale and Vacuo are the two which share a continent and from at least what we have seen they don't share a boarder, with both of their territories stopping short.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

Robin

• View Profile
Re: Robyn Reseda
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 08:56:57 AM »
Thank you for commenting! Yeah, so far my edits have just been me adding stuff, cause I only really have time to work on this on the train to and from college

For some reason, I thought that there was a land bridge of some kind connecting Vale and Mistral. Or something similar, geography isn't my strong point. I've swapped it to a village near Vale's West coast.

Mechajin

• Personal Text
    Everyone's Idol <3
    • View Profile
Re: Robyn Reseda (Ready I think?)
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 10:07:33 PM »
Hey there, nice to see that you've gotten this finished! When you're ready, you should copy it over to the main Character Creation board, so the mods can officially review it, but before you do, let me just give you some feedback real quick!

Name: Nothing wrong here!

Age: It's common practice to choose a birthday, either at random, or from a month that relates to your character in some thematic way. the list of months we use can be found here!

Species and Gender: I've noticed you spell "Faunus" as "Faunas" a lot throughout the profile, something the mods may ask you to change for readability reasons, might be an idea to just do a sweep through and correct that before you move Robyn over, just to save time.

Symbol: This is seriously just personal opinion, but I'd have expected her symbol to be green, considering that's her favorite colour and symbols are typically unique to the individual, is the reddish robin more of a family symbol? As I said, just my personal opinion, you're free to do as you like!

Appearance: I really like this, there's a really solid amount of detail here without being hard to read, I especially like how you've given her some minor blemishes and distinguishing features, really helps make her feel unique, I wish I was that good at describing character appearances! Outfits are all good, not much to say, which I think is kind of the intent, so that's good!

History: More or less all good, in my opinion, only thing I really have to criticize is that there's no real mention of Grimm, more or less everyone outside of a major city has probably had some experience with Grimm, unless they're very young or frail. Mentioning that would help explain why she's so good with a crossbow, even in combat situations, as she never attended a combat school like Signal before taking Beacon's aptitude test, she's undoubtedly had a lot of chances to practice seeing as her life involved a lot of travelling between that village and her home.

Personality: Again, like the last two sections, readable yet informative, no real criticism here!

Aura and Semblance: A pretty simple semblance, makes sense that it'd be related to hunting and tracking, as that's been a pretty large part of her life, it's worth noting though that it won't work on Grimm, as they have no souls, and therefore no Aura. You might have known that already, but I figured it was important to point out regardless.

Combat Behaviour: I think she'd probably need a bit more close combat aptitude to get past Beacon's aptitude test, as it stands, she's gonna really struggle if any Grimm close in on her, at least as long as her ammunition is all explosive. Still, good on you for making sure to include concrete weaknesses

Weapon: Which leads me into my next point, but first I need to give you props for that name, really strong

So, Yewlogy seemingly exclusively uses explosive rounds, which fire off a fair amount of shrapnel. Strong, but dangerous at close range, either to her, or to any of her potential teammates who happen to be nearer to what she's shooting. Not only that, explosions are loud and that's kind of at odds with her preferred, stealthy fighting style, so it might be worth mentioning an additional, quieter ammo type.

All in all, I think it's really solid character and one I'm interested in seeing more of, there's a few typos and grammar errors which I think you should do a quick sweep for, but nothing too major at the end of the day. Good luck in approvals when you move this over!

Oh yeah, you should totally join our Discord server, there's pretty much always people online, and it's the best way to meet the other RPers, and that'll help you join threads, and figure out who you want to RP with! You can find out how to join the Discord here!

« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:17:12 PM by Mechajin »

Robin

• View Profile
Re: Robyn Reseda (Ready I think?)
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 11:12:46 AM »
Thank you for commenting! It's nice to see that people are nice here, that's always such a good thing for RPing.

I'll handle most of the changes when I get on a laptop; phones aren't the most comfortable thing to be typing long coherent paragraphs on, which is were a few of the errors came from.

Apart from that, the symbol isn't green because I wanted it to stand out in her green clothes, when I still thought I could make that look good in some way. I didn't want it to blend in at all.

The semblance isn't supposed to track Grimm for two reasons; I didn't want to make combat too easy for her and I couldn't think of a reason why she would be able to track Grimm, as hunting then down while untrained is both silly and Mary sueish ya know.

Thank you for contributing, it's a great help!