Author Topic: Kisha Miles  (Read 4544 times)

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
Kisha Miles
« on: October 10, 2017, 08:36:22 AM »
CHARACTER

Name: Kisha Miles

Species and Gender: Human, Female

Symbol:

Appearance:

Kisha is a young woman that stands at 5'5 and 114 Ibs, has short, ombre brown hair, often kept messily and has dark brown eyes.

She wears a chestnut brown coat over a tube top consisting of beige-shaded colors and she has black, fingerless gloves. The coat has lighter brown short sleeves, a thin protruding collar, and two long triangular tails. She also wears short black pants which slightly exposes her thighs.

Around her hips and over the tails of her coat is a brown belt, which has a dagger-holster on the left side with her symbol emblazoned on it. In addition, the thick black shoulder strap of her quiver runs over her right shoulder and chest. She wears knee high brown boots with a beige zipper on the upper half of the back of the boots.

A small mechanism, which is only really visible in combat, is fastened behind her left ear. If this is slipped down, a lens moves in front of her eye, giving the one who wears it a wider and sharper view.

History:

Kisha has been the bright and curious bunch she is today since birth. Enthusiastic about everything and with the goal to have everyone as a friend she strolled through life. A very simple life to be exact.
Her parents were both trained hunters, highly respected and great demanded to be honest. They often took the most difficult and time-consuming missions and were therefore rarely home to raise their daughter. For Kisha, however, this had never been a problem.
She spent most of her time with her grandparents, who owned the chocolate shop "Schokoradar" in Stemswell. Already as a child that could barely speak right she had helped out in the kitchen and was fascinated by the many possibilities that are revealed when baking. And she took full advantage of this. Kisha was gifted at baking pretty much everything that came across her.

Whenever her parents weren't on missions, they would spend their time telling her about them. How they defeated Grimm or stopped a criminal gang. And every time her parents left for the next mission, she asked if she could join. Sadly, this was less because she wanted to do something with her parents and more for experiencing the adventures they always told her. It never happened.
Despite all this, Kisha began to take her parents as idols and made the decision to become a huntress herself. She had hardly been to school when she started running and practicing with wooden weapons. She was also sent to a combat school a few years later and participated in many weapon workshops.
Her life was perfect. She had a place to live, an incredible number of friends, the chance to fulfill her dream.

But, one day, a man in uniform came to the chocolate store, telling her grandparents the news. The mission her parents signed up for went wrong and both were killed. You'd think that death would hurt less because she had so little contact with her parents, but even if that was true, that couldn't change the fact that she was completely devastated... For a day. The next morning she was standing outside the store, holding the bow her mother gave her and practiced. Like she did every day. No grief, no regrets. Or at least she didn't show any. She locked them up, trying her best to keep her goal in mind. Becoming a huntress. That's what her parents inspired her to. If she couldn't do that, she would never forgive herself.

She went on with a big grin and made it her duty to let every person participate in her life. She lived with the smile that could only appear after the death of her parents. A smile, that tells you to live in the moment. That it could be over any second. But she didn't fear death. She wanted to meet him with a big smile and show him who's boss. But deep, very deep behind this smile, is a fragile person, just waiting for the outbreak.
As beacon started to invite Students to learn at their academy again, she signed up immediately and passed the entrance exam with flying colors.

Personality:

Kisha is extremely bright, cheerful, excitable, quirky, outgoing, and is even a bit wild. She is known to be hyperactive and talks extremely fast. Even within the members of her team, she comes off as very excited and loud. She is overloaded with enthusiasm, jumping all over the place and doesn't know where to put all the superfluous energy.

She is always willing to join in and contribute to the cause somehow. Because of her being so random, however, a lot of the other people, and even her friends don't always take her seriously. Most of the time they don't really understand her either.

She's a happy-go-lucky person, living her life with a huge smile and always tries to make the people around her happy. If she sees a person devastated, especially if it's one of her friends, she makes it her duty to cheer them up and does not leave until this goal is fulfilled.

She tends to tease the people around her and often tries to push the patience of particular persons, all of course in her friendly and silly way.

Aura and Semblance:

Kisha's Aura is caramel colored

Kisha has the ability to summon portals by rotating her hand in a circular motion and throwing them to wherever she wants them to appear. The portals have a reach of about 30-40 meters and will stay wherever she throws them, even if this place is midst the air. She uses these to outmaneuver and confuse her opponents in battle, allowing her to shift instantly between all attack ranges. She has also the ability to redirect most attacks thrown at her, either back at her foe or just to avoid getting hit. The limitation here is that she can create only two portals at once. If she tries to create a third one, the first will disappear.

The portals, when going through them, have a similar effect as the most extreme roller coaster ever invented and will leave the person with serious balance problems, sometimes even nausea. Kisha herself is not affected by this, this is rather because she is used to the effect of the portals, due to her years of use. Size and duration are usually no problem. The size of the portal depends on the size of her hand movement, however, the portals will always be a bit larger than its hand-circle-counterpart. The standard size is barely big enough to fit her. Everything bigger than this will get exhausting and hard to keep open for a long time.

It may happen that the portals close while something or someone is still inside. If this Person or thing is more than 50% inside the portal, it will be blasted out of it, due to pressure. If the person is less than 50% in the portal it will be thrown

Combat Behavior:

Kisha is an archer with a skill that can only be described as masterful, able to quickly aim and fire at several targets in quick succession. She is very acrobatic in combat, easily dodging or flipping, in return for that she lacks in physical strength. It’s good enough to hold her own, but it’s not something that she can rely on. She usually dodges enemy attacks, as she lacks the strength to block them for too long.
She is most effective in longe range, and mediocre in close combat. Her biggest struggle is in hand to hand combat, where the outcome is almost always guaranteed to be a loss.

Kisha is very cooperative in the group and rather follows instructions than giving them. She is very well able to come up with plans for herself, but most of the time they have a logic that only she could understand. Thinking outside the box is one of the things that defines her, but even if her strategies are successful most of the time, there can also be huge gaps in them, which she will only be aware of afterward.

WEAPON

Name: Cocoa

Primary Form:

Cocoa is a double-edged iron thrusting dagger with a blade of 11 inches. It has two short, side-facing blades that look like outstretched wings where blade and handle intersect. The handle is covered with a dark brown fabric and decorated with a white stone at its end.

Secondary Form:

The blade of the dagger is divided into two plates. During the transformation to the sword, the one plate shoves itself above the other and extends the blade with it. At the same time, the blade is raised slightly further from the handle, increasing the length to 25 inches.

Tertiary Form:

The blade extends and separates itself into several smaller sections, then bent into a somewhat C shape, with the handle of the dagger flipping over and placing itself in the center of the blade. By separating the blade, the thread will be released from the handle, so that it can firmly attach between the tip and the end of the blade, making the Sword to a bow.
Her quiver is split into four sections, with each section able to store 8 arrows. Each of these four sections is specially created to carry one type of arrow. Each of the arrows are also equipped with a small metal rail on which Kisha can attach grenades.

Dusk Functions:

Kisha has many different types of Dust modified arrows but is only able to carry four different types at a time, with the exception of three signal arrows attached to her shoulder strap.

Normal arrows: Like the name implies, it's a normal arrow with no modifications.

Ice arrows: An arrow that covers the opponent or object with a layer of ice. The ice isn't very thick but will slow down the opponents' movements even after crashing the ice.

Fire arrows:The arrow ignites a fire whenever the Dust is triggered. These are the arrows she works with the most.

Lightning arrows: This type of arrow discharges an electric shock as soon as it hits an object or person. It can cause short-term cramps.

Wind arrows: These arrows are faster than any other, and instead of decreasing its speed, they are getting faster and faster the longer they are in the air, which makes them especially effective on a long trajectory.

Gravity arrows:The arrows take away the gravity of an object for a short time and let it float. The effect withdraws soon after something or someone comes into contact with it.

Energy arrows: This type of arrow creates a short, but very solid barrier, mid-air which blocks enemy attacks.

Signal arrows: The arrows are processed with a highly concentrated mixture of fire and energy-dust. The arrow bursts in red glowing fireworks when fired, and also lets out a loud popping sound

History:

Kisha has made the weapon on her own and it's supposed to be duplicates of her parents' weapons.

Other:

Kisha has three hydrogen- and three smoke grenades attached to her belt.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 01:19:02 AM by DEXES »
Hyperactive weirdo Kisha Miles  - Beacon First Year - Team INKK/Ink
Dragon tamer Mikado Drak - Beacon First Year - Team DASE/Days
Compulsive gamer Dawn Mae - Beacon Second Year - Team ----
Scaredy cat peacock Arcano Blar Baldwin - Beacon First Year - Team ----

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
Re: Kisha Miles
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 06:24:31 PM »
First off welcome to the site Dexes! :D Always nice to see new faces around here, and cheers for checking the rules and finding the template ^^ A lot of people don't and it slows down their start. Good start to the character, the main thing now would be to expand upon the history in particular, as right now its rather bare bones. 

Some quick tips or comments going down what you have so far
  • Always nice to see a symbol
  • You have a lot of extra spaces which break up the text. As in a new line (Enter key)not just space between words (Spacebar)
    • Actually guessing this just a formatting thing for WiP but will need to be fixed before heading over to approval.
  • Also nice to have some art to go with the character, however unless its something you got commissioned I'd include a link to the artist in the spoiler.
  • Nice to see that she starts off with wooden weapons at a reasonable age
  • Main concern with the story so far is the use of absolute terms. Her parents 'were one of the best Huntsmen ever' and 'She passed the exam with one of the highest scores'. Though nothing prevents you from having it like that its just something we try to avoid, you can still get the same effect by saying she passed with flying colours or something like that. 
  • Personality seems fun. Two minor things, would use gender neutral pronouns (help him/her if he/she really needs it --> help them if they really) and would like to hear something about how well she does as a student.
  • Semblance seems cool, mods may have some questions before approval but wouldn't worry about that now
  • A classic weapon but seems fine, only concern here is that the lightning arrows are incredibly strong (but again wouldn't worry much about balance now)

Again welcome to the site. Dont worry about the list as its mostly minor things, just want to give you info to create a great character. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask here or on the discord! :D

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 09:04:43 PM »
We try to aim for 2-3 weaknesses so I'd advise trying to think up another one, maybe something to do with Kisha's fighting style being cluncky on account of her being mostly self-taught.

As Vision said the electric arrows a pretty powerful, five seconds is more than enough time to shoot another arrow, so I'd make it something along the lines of cramping the muscles near by when hit. Aura would probably reduce most the physical affect but it would still hurt. On the weapon thing adding a little bit on how the weapon transforms from sword to bow would be useful.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask here or on the discord, https://discord.gg/Es2GCj4
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 01:02:51 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, I'll renew it as soon as I can

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 02:55:02 AM »
    Okay I changed:

• I edited a link to the artist of the picture of Schoko
    • Kishas Parents were highly respected Huntsmen (It was one of the best befor)
    • I wrote how the exam took place and how she passed it in the history
    • I changed the text for the lightning arrows. Its now "As soon the arrow hits his target, the bodypart it hits will get cramps, If it hits the head the person will get migraine"
    • I wrote how the weapon transforms
    • Theres now a small text of how she behaves in class (in the personality)
    • To the combat behavior I edited that she "Kisha actually prefe to fight alone, because she, as a child, never learned how to fight with others, so if there isn't one who tells her what to do, she probably chaches in alone."
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 02:57:09 AM by DEXES »

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 03:08:13 PM »
I would argue that the new weakness contradicts the previous character, she is both highly cooperative and good at improvising but also prefers to fight alone and needs to be told what to do. A simple way to come up with weaknesses is to just flip their strengths so if she is good with the bow/sword she might not be as good as one far more focused in one weapon or two similar weapons. Or maybe because she works very well in a team she leaves herself open outside it. A trick I use to write characters is to always write down somewhere, even if it's not on the profile, the impact I want certain traits to manifest in the character. This way you not only don't repeat yourself but it can help you fine tune the character.

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 03:45:25 PM »
Okay, thanks,
I tried to summ up the combat behavior a bit better now. I hope it's okay like this
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:11:56 AM by DEXES »

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 12:40:48 AM »
Uhm... Do I need to change more or is it good like this (I ask because noone is answering me)

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 01:07:03 AM »
I'd just try to clean up the formatting but yea it looks good to go.

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 10:53:59 AM »
well uhm, I need a second approval right? Guess I have to wait until someone shows up

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 11:02:25 AM »
A bit of a misunderstanding here. King said that it seemed good to him here in WiP, once you fix the formatting which you still haven't (you need to remove the extra spaces in the paragraphs). After that you can copy the text and make a new thread under character creation, and then you will get final reviews. And for the record you don't post in the +1 thread, ill see if I can delete it so no worries.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 11:05:53 AM by Vision »

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]