Author Topic: Malina's Magnificent Mission! [Closed]  (Read 41820 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
Re: Malina's Magnificent Mission! [Closed]
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2017, 10:30:40 PM »
As Calen began to converse with Teddy, Malina sat down in one of the chairs next to her, letting her face the group while still being able to be off her feet. She'd have a long day on her feet anyway, after all. She watched closely as Calen and Cobe reassured Teddy. A slight change in Calen's face, nothing concrete but he was probably surprised. Not that she entirely blamed him. Cobe, on the other hand, kept a mostly stone faced expression, only smiling to give Teddy a pat on the back before whispering something to Calen. Malina made a small mental note of that before letting out a quiet sigh as the two began to question a about the mission and raised her hand to quiet them.

"There will be plenty of time for questions. I promise." She lowered her hand and raised her eyebrows in something coming close to pity. "This is a three hour ride, there's plenty of time. For now, I think we should all let the leader get a few words in." Malina said as she turned her eyes to Teddy, who's face had been hidden behind the large backpack, his face unreadable.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 01:39:39 AM by Dr. Gustave »
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2017, 12:12:24 PM »
Helena had a look so intense on her face as Malina gave them their briefing, you'd almost think she was about to leap onto her and extract the data from her brain.

She clapped happily as Teddy was assigned leader, accompanying it with a cheerful "Congrats!" She then listened, very thoroughly, as everyone else put in their two cents and kept conversing. She was about to ask her supervisor if she could sense Aura, which would greatly shorten the search time needed to find possible survivors, but closed her mouth before uttering a word when Malina suggested they let the leader speak.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2017, 06:42:07 PM »
Well, this could not have possibly gone worse. Teddy just wanted to come along for the mission, follow orders, and try to help out as much as he could. And now, he is supposed to be a leader, and people are touching him for some reason. There were a lot of questions going through his mind, most of them starting with 'Why'.

And now, he was being asked to say something to the group. He did not know this Malina extremely well, and he did not know why she disliked him this much. Giving him this kind of unwanted responsibility, forcing him to be the leader, and not giving him the chance to process it before making him speak proved to Teddy that she held some sort of grudge against him for some unknown reason. So, asking her reasoning would not work, it seemed she would just use the opportunity to embarrass him further. It would be difficult to directly address the two boys next to him, and the girl still creeped him out a bit, but he has to say something.

"I-I...um...I think we should talk about our s-strategy for the grimm. I'm concerned about how we are going to deal with them while in the swamp. We would be...immobile. I think." he said, his solution being to shift the focus to anything other than him at the moment. His head only barely peeked up from behind his backpack, his eyes quickly scanning the team to try and avoid eye contact.
1st Year Beacon Student Michael Vaktar http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,589.0.html
1st Year Beacon Student Chris "The Tiger" Sebei  http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,601.0.html
1st Year Student Theodore "Teddy" Williams http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,744.0.html
3rd Year Beacon Student Justice Montenegro http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,1081.0.html

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2017, 07:40:54 PM »
"Exactly." Malina nodded in approval before snapping her fingers and reopened her scroll. "I nearly forgot, you'll need these..." Three taps on her scroll later, a dinging sounded from Teddy's scroll. "These are the files on your teammates. Everything the school knows about them, you have access to... barring some private information." Malina stared into Teddy's eyes, or at she tried. He was still hiding behind that backpack of his. She could tell he was nervous, but that was obvious.

"Take a minute to look over their files, how would you set up the team once we enter the swamp? It'll be easier to make our way through if everyone is in a line, and I'm going to be in the back, so what order do you think everyone should be in? What roles should everyone fill?" Malina leaned forward, putting her hand to her chin and leaning her elbow on her knee.

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2017, 08:18:11 PM »
OK now Cobe had well and truly piqued Calen's interest. There had been a few stories about people going to Mount Glenn and although not many survive there was one which fit in to Cobe's timeline. Still telling Calen, a stranger even Cobe respected him, such a story was an odd move if Code values his privacy. Is it a game? A challenge? Is he expecting a reciprocate story? This is going to be fun. Calen thought to himself only giving Cobe a slight nod in response. Calen's locked himself into a thought experiment were he tried to get a better handle on his temporary team mates only to be brought out of his trance by Malina mentioning sending some files to Teddy. Leaning back as casually as possible Calen tried to get a look a the files if Teddy took out his scroll to check them.

Helena had been surprisingly quiet Calen thought given her exuberance before so Calen tried to turn the conversation back around to her. 'Right but with two people with speed semblances we should be fine moving up and down the line. What if we grouped you and Miss Chlophyll together and had one or both of Master Sky and myself out front. Our speed would allow us to fall back quickly but grouping the non-speedsters together ensures no one gets let behind. What do you think should be our strategy Miss Cholphyll?' Calen proposed not mentioning that although there speed semblances would still boost their speed in the muck of a swamp it wouldn't increase it to the same level as normal leaving them more vulnerable in a fight.

Still Calen was surprised that Malina didn't answer his questions then and there. Doesn't like changing her plans. Calen thought to himself as he mentally filed that note away in case in came in use later. Other than that Calen kept leaning back and let the discussion go on without him, he was OK at theoretical strategy but wasn't quick thinking enough for the real world stuff. As much as it irked his pride he was out of his depth here.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

SonicCraftX

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    "The best apology is changed behaviour."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2017, 01:15:32 AM »
Cobe listened carefully to Calen's idea. Thinking very carefully about it. While he could definetly see the benefits. Grouping the speedsters together, at least in Cobe's mind, could allow them, if they got far enough ahead, to get cut off from the rest of the group, and considering the type of environment that they were entering, that would be nothing short of simple, plain stupid suicide. Being civilised, Cobe decided to let him finish before airing his grievances.

"I agree with you on the fact it shouldn't be a problem, Calen. However, if we get grouped together, and get too far ahead, we run the risk of getting cut off from the rest of the team, and if that happens, well, that's an easy way to get yourself killed. The best thing, at least in my opinion, we do is try to stick together, and potentially use Calen as a scouting force, as my semblance takes a hefty toll on my body, and therefore, would serve as a liability in use as a scouting force."
Cobe Sky - "Don't get in my way, or I'll cut you up as fast as these Grimm"
(http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,63.0.html)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2017, 07:23:23 AM »
Helena was waiting for Teddy to answer Malina's question when Calen spoke up. She was about to retort that the strategy sounded great when Cobe interjected, mentioning separation as a possibility. "...Well, can't you just not get too far ahead? I think it's called staying in formation or something.", she said with a slightly perplexed look on her face.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2017, 06:03:14 PM »
Teddy had his fair share of information overload as the three files appeared on his scroll. Barraged with questions and talk from all sides, Teddy struggled to focus. Moving through as quickly as possible, he tried his best to think of the best order. "Hold up." he said, raising his voice in the hope that the silence would let him get his thoughts out. "H-Helena should be in the center. Calen, you take front. I will be behind him. Cobe, y-you will be in the back. Calen scouts, Helena goes long range, Cobe covers her, and I clear the rest of the path. T-That sounds good, right?" he said, suddenly finding the attention on him again.
1st Year Beacon Student Michael Vaktar http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,589.0.html
1st Year Beacon Student Chris "The Tiger" Sebei  http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,601.0.html
1st Year Student Theodore "Teddy" Williams http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,744.0.html
3rd Year Beacon Student Justice Montenegro http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,1081.0.html

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2017, 03:12:35 AM »
Calen grinned widely as Teddy listed their combat formation, his position was exactly as he suggested. Already in his head. Calen thought to himself as he subtly read the profiles over Teddy's shoulder. Mostly interested in what the school had put in his own file as reading others would be cheating but he still caught a few bits and pieces. For now obeying Teddy's request for quiet Calen waited for their impromptu leader to finish before continuing their discussion.

'It can be difficult to judge distance in a fight and of course there are times which we need to take down priority targets which you might not be able to get with your bow Miss Chlophyll. Although I'm sure Master Theodore will keep us in line.' Calen responded with a slight teasing edge creeping into his voice.

'So on to more important matters, who do we eat first when we run out of supplies?' Calen joked before turning, slightly, more serious and continuing. 'I've got a couple of days worth of food for the five of us although we are going to chew through that pretty quickly if we start picking up survivors.'

Calen felt he had a pretty good read on everyone by now. Cobe's semblance having some serious consequences was unexpected, Like Master Gray I suppose. Calen thought to himself gripping his knee slightly at the memory. Unfortunately Malina wouldn't send Teddy his own file obviously so he didn't get much hints about their leader personally but Helena's semblance could really come in handy. Could have been really helpful before. Calen thought to himself darkly, his mood quickly souring as he absently scratched at his scars through his jacket.

SonicCraftX

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2017, 08:30:54 AM »
Cobe listened carefully to Teddy's formation for the team. He completely agreed. Due the fact he uses Crystals and Pure Dust, his ammo is unstable, and cause the risk of explosion, if this did happens, he would want to be at back, to prevent harming his team.

"I completely agree, besides, my weapon, due to its large spread, is the best for crowd control."

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2017, 02:49:51 PM »
Malina nodded silently as she watched the student agree with Teddy's plan. It would be slow progress for sure, but there was definitely something there that could be worked on. Something useful.

As Calen spoke up and asked another question, Malina leaned back and cleared her throat. "Right, now's the best time for questions now that we have the general outline set up." She turned her head to Calen as she continued. "For all intents and purposes, this is a scouting mission, not a rescue mission. Now, that sounds way more grim than it actually is, I promise." Malina smiled and held up her hand in defense to any outbursts from any of the students. "We're going in to check on the situation. If we find a situation that requires evacuation of survivors, we round everyone up in a safe place like the mine and then contact Beacon. They'll be able to send a proper rescue force and a few ships, more than the single bullhead we came in on. Now, if we get there and it turns out that the support tower for the CCT system is down then we just have to hunker down. The pilot up there..." She gestured back toward the cockpit. "... knows to come back in twenty four hours if there's no word back from any of us. We'll just have to send up some sort of signal with smoke if it comes to that."

"Now as for the questions you had earlier, Calen..." Malina refocused her gaze onto the first year. "There's always been times where the support tower goes down for maintenance or gets damaged because of Grimm or anything like that, but they've always been very consistent with sending out messages before maintenance or as the Grimm are attacking to let us know what's going on. This time, it's just nothing. They sent in a monthly report a little over a month ago and it's been silence since then. It's not uncommon for the time between reports to be filled with nothing but silence, but going over that month mark is a cause for concern. As for the maps..." Malina lifted up her scroll and tapped a few more times and each of the student's scrolls dinged once. "Consider it done." She said with a smile before turning to Cobe.

"As for your question, there's no reason to assume everyone just up and left. It's a prosperous settlement in a good place and hasn't reported any recent increases in Grimm activity so chances are whenever what happened happened, there were still people within the walls. So yes, saving as much first aid as we can would be a good idea. We all have aura, we can take a hit without any permanent damage. That said, I do have all of your aura levels displayed on my scroll, so if things get too dangerous I'll call you back and take over. I'm sure you'll all do fine though." She grinned as she slid the scroll closed and back into her pouch.

"Now..." Malina's eyes moved across the four first years. "Any other questions?"

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2017, 04:06:43 PM »
After speaking, Helena continued to listen, her face taking on an increasingly serious look as time went on. She nodded somewhat vigorously when Teddy asked if the positions he'd picked out for everyone seemed good, thereby communicating her assent. She made special note of Calen's 'priority targets' and of Malina's description of the mission; scouting, not rescue.

She shook her head at Malina's last question. She knew all she needed to - well, she thought that was the case, anyway.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2017, 04:39:45 PM »
Calen looked closely over the map, quickly committing it in it's entirety to memory. Taking careful note of where people would likely hold up or weak points in the defences where Grimm or anything else might have broken through. As such Calen was much quieter until the airship landed than before. As well as adding what he knew about everyone else into the man. Not a strategist or tactician Calen did however have a gift in predicting actions and played a little game where he put the team in different dangerous situations, imagining how they would react.

SonicCraftX

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2017, 03:33:24 PM »
Cobe gave a slight smirk as the map appeared on his scroll, when asked if he had anymore questions he shook his head. All he needed now was mental preperation for the battle ahead.

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2017, 03:30:47 PM »
Teddy took a deep breath in, heaving out a long sigh. As it turned out, nobody hated his plan yet. That's one missed opportunity to fail. Only time will tell if he can keep it up. He tried to go between reading the rest of the records, listening to Malina, and thinking of a strategy for trying to keep his upper half attached to his lower half.

This mass influx of information did little to ease Teddy's tension. He read as much as the records could give him. He did want to know who he was trusting with his life, after all. After a brief distraction thinking of what the school could have on his record, Teddy tuned back into Malina's speech and caught the end of it. "N-No, ma'am." he said, sitting back in his chair and looking at the ceiling, as if it would help him figure out how to approach the situation.