Author Topic: Malina's Magnificent Mission! [Closed]  (Read 41862 times)

SonicCraftX

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    "The best apology is changed behaviour."
    • View Profile
Re: Malina's Magnificent Mission! [Closed]
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2017, 10:12:09 AM »
Cobe started to use Cobalt Dawn's hilt to cause an initial crack in the debris. After about 5 minutes he succeeded. With a big enough crack made, he pushed the blade in and sliced the lump of wood and stone clean in two, being careful to make sure none of it went down the hole. With this done, Cobe into the kitchen, hoping to find some food (as they would probably need some soon) and something, anything to indicate human life was still here.

Cobe Sky - "Don't get in my way, or I'll cut you up as fast as these Grimm"
(http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,63.0.html)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2017, 10:04:17 PM »
Cobe: ShowHide
The rubble crashed down thunderously as Cobe sliced the wood and stone. Though most of the kitchen was intact, dust and scorched splinters littered the floor and countertops. The kitchen seemed as lifeless as the rest of the village save for the single piece of bread that sat, partially covered in dust, on the countertop. A bread knife sat next to it and a plate lay under it almost as though someone had been planning on eating before having to leave for one reason or another.

Helena: ShowHide
As Helena touched down on the hard rocky floor of the mine she felt a single drop of rainfall onto the palm of her hand as she took it from the rung. Looking back up brought her only another drop in her eye, though that was quickly wiped away. She moved to the pile of belongings and began to pick out the pickaxe and helmet. The pickaxe's weight felt good hanging from her belt loop but she couldn't exactly tell why and as soon as she flipped the switch on the helmet, the bright light shot out into the dim cavern ahead of her.

As she looked up from her spot and down the corridor she realized she may not need the helmet after all. The path ahead of her was dark, yes, but it was dimly lit with small lanterns hanging from hooks embedded into the walls. Just bright enough to not need the other light source but just dark enough that something could be lurking just out of her site without it. After a moment's hesitation, she slid the helmet onto her head and began to set out into the cavern.

The echoes of her footfalls raced back and forth through the cavern as she made her way further and further in and further and further down into the earth, onlt them and faintest sound of rainfall that drifted from the path behind her to keep her company. As she continued, the walls began to glitter and glisten with unbroken veins of dust crystals sitting just barely embedded in the rock. The bright colors reflected off of the crystals almost distracted her from the fact that no matter how far in or down into the mine she went, the sound of the rain continued to accompany her. She didn't know if it was just her ears playing tricks on her or not, but she could swear it was getting louder. Bit by bit, decibel by decibel. Slowly, to be sure, but it had to be there.

The thoughts were soon replaced curiosity and worry though. The cavern had opened up into a larger area, about the side of a living room of a modern home, with bright lanterns flanking a large wooden door. The door, in contrast to the village above, was well kept and didn't show any sign of abandonment or disuse, the heavy bolted hinges were pristine, the grain was smooth, and the lock and chain wrapped around the door handle and an adjacent bar planted into the stone looked as strong as ever.
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2017, 12:25:08 AM »
Teddy had a rush of several emotions hit him one after the other. First was fear mixed with apprehension as the figure he was aimed at stepped forward shining a light at him. Second was relief that Calen was the one that found him. A friend was exactly what he could use at a time like this. With a lack of that, Calen would do for the time being. Third was paranoia. It was too convenient. The fake Malina said that Calen would be coming to the alley across the way in only a few minutes, and now Calen just so happened to be the only one that came down the alley after him?

Was this Calen? If there is a fake Malina in this city, there was a distinct possibility of a fake Calen. Was there fakes of all of them? Why? How? Maybe the fake Malina was a polymorph? It would explain why suddenly Calen is here. Were there fakes of Helena and Cobe? Why would the fake Malina want me to look at her scroll? Maybe the fakes can't replicate the scrolls. That would explain why communications are cut to the outside. To what end would having these duplicates be working toward? The city looked calm, inviting. It was a trade hub. It was a place for hunters to go between kingdoms. Hunters...This place is a trap for hunters!

Teddy kept his aim directly at Calen's head. "Calen. Y-You're going to send me a message on your scroll. Code 29341.
And then, y-you're going to back up."
he said, standing up and backing away from Calen. It was obvious from his voice and posture that he was terrified, seemingly of Calen. "P-Please..."
1st Year Beacon Student Michael Vaktar http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,589.0.html
1st Year Beacon Student Chris "The Tiger" Sebei  http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,601.0.html
1st Year Student Theodore "Teddy" Williams http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,744.0.html
3rd Year Beacon Student Justice Montenegro http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,1081.0.html

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2017, 05:37:41 AM »
Ah looking at someone in the midst of a mental breakdown, there are few things that help reaffirm Calen's feeling of superiority. Using this as a touchstone Calen managed to bring himself forward, quickly forgetting his own almost mental breakdown. Well, at least putting it far enough back in his mind to put back on his normal bored swagger. Still there was the small problem of the shotgun pointed in his direction. Calen kept walking forward and took out his scroll and began typing the code to Teddy, this was a serious issue and Calen's games could wait..... or...maybe.... Calen looked up with the text written but not sent and thought about playing up Teddy's fears. Smiling evilly at his temporary, soon to be not so temporary, teammate Calen played a short game of chicken before eventually sending the text. If Teddy shoots Calen is going to tank the hit and just stare and Teddy with an annoyed look on his face.

'Come on Master Theodore we have a mission to accomplish, well I have a mission given the state you are in but I could use a cheer leading squad and they could use you.' Calen remarked. He knew it was a bit mean, well meaner than usual, but Calen couldn't help himself. There was a lot he needed to distract himself from, his fists still gripping tight around the coin Calen still couldn't bring himself to look at.

Breathing a large sigh Calen continued, 'There are three more of us trapped around here somewhere. They might need help and I'm going to try to find them. If you want out that's fine, I'll lead you to the exit but you need to make a decision now.' It had been a long day, emotionally draining as well as a healthy amount of semblance use combined with his less than optimal dietary regime had left him tired. This needed to come to ahead soon and liking it or not Calen knew Teddy would be helpful in getting there and out again alive. Calen gave a small chuckle, a memory flashed up of a similar situation with Calen where Teddy is and one of his brothers where he is now. A good memory. A good memory which continued a bit too long turning Calen's grin into a scowl as darker thoughts emerged again to play.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2017, 11:28:20 AM »
The pickaxe felt really good for some reason. Like it was the perfect wait for lugging around in a mine or something. Like many things now, Helena blamed it on the phenomenon twisting Jackson into whatever the heck it now was. The light was nifty, too - worked well, not flickery, lit up the stuff in front of her. Given the fact that the cave was already lit, she didn't really keep the headlight on, since the small amount of night vision she'd have might come in useful. Last but not least, the helmet protected her head more than her coat's hood could ever hope. Speaking of which, she'd taken the hood off before hatting up, peripheral vision and whatnot being fun to have around.

As she slowly walked forward, the (barely audible) sound of rain and her own footsteps her only companions. After some time, small sparks of colour began to appear here and there on the walls of the tunnel, becoming larger and more common the farther she trekked. She caught herself several times having nearly stopped to look at the unbelievebly pretty sight. However, this was slightly offset by how conscious she was of her elbows, bow, bag and such, taking every care to not approach the glittery, dazzling and crystalline faces. The rain was still there, though, helping to calm her a bit.

...Wait. No. This was wrong. Sounds do not work like that. She briefly stopped, maybe a second or two, to get her auditive bearings. Yep, the sound was coming from behind her, where the trapdoor was. And yep, it was louder now than it had been further up the path. Great. Another fault in the illusion or whatever. So the source was either up front and she was getting mislead to believe it was coming from the other way, the sound was actually coming from the correct direction but the intensity was being messed with, or there wasn't actually any sound of rain at all. Sweeeet.

She was busy trying to ignore the beautiful sights and unsettling sounds when the tunnel widened into what could only be described as the average underground room. The lamps here were much brighter than they were everywhere up to that point, approaching something closer to typical indoor lighting. The light shone upon a large wood door, seemingly cared for regularly. The grain was smooth, the surface polished - lacquered, even. The metal hinges seemed like they wouldn't make a sound, what with how pristine, rustless and untarnished they appeared. An equally well-maintained chain linked the door's handle with a large rod impaled into the nearby rock, the ensemble looking very sturdy.

Well there was no fucking way she was going through another door alone, as inviting as it seemed. Perhaps a bit *too* inviting, actually. Helena backtracked to the exit as quickly as she could while still acting safe (she did not want to detonate the entire mine by accident). When she arrived at the bottom of the ladder, she cupped her hands around her mouth and called out. "Hey Cobe! Get down here, I've found something!" While she waited for a reply/movement, she thought a bit. Why would you lock a wooden door with such a heavy chain?
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2017, 09:53:58 PM »
Teddy struggled several times over to not put a fistful of birdshot into Calen's chest. Not that Calen gave him a reason not to. He even hesitated to check his scroll, nervous that this Calen would suddenly jump at him. He released a breath he did not know he was holding whenever he saw the code from Calen. While it was not a sure-fire way of making sure this was the real Calen, it was as close as he was going to get in this situation. "God dammit, Calen. I almost took your head off there!" he said, putting his weapon on his back and glaring at the well-dressed asshole in front of him.

"Look, I don't know what you've seen in here, but something's not right with this city. Places that shouldn't...can't exist. And I was in there, like a normal fucking Tuesday." he said, panic clearly still in his voice. He was halfway between wanting to hug Calen and punch him in the jaw. "A few minutes ago, I saw Malina. Or, not Malina. It was weird...She didn't have manticore or her scroll. She kept telling me I needed to find you, that you would know where to go. She looked different, had this giant gash in her side...It wasn't Malina. But, I don't know what the hell it was."

Teddy moved to the wall of the alley, leaning against the wall to attempt to relax. Not that it was helping, as he was working himself into a frenzy with paranoia. Is it still paranoia if the thing you are afraid of is in front of you?
1st Year Beacon Student Michael Vaktar http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,589.0.html
1st Year Beacon Student Chris "The Tiger" Sebei  http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,601.0.html
1st Year Student Theodore "Teddy" Williams http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,744.0.html
3rd Year Beacon Student Justice Montenegro http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,1081.0.html

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2017, 06:57:30 AM »
'Well I've been meaning to get a hair cut Master Theodore perhaps you could save me a few lien.' Calen grinned in response to the narrowly avoided violence. As such as Calen seemed disregarded the threat that Teddy posed he was happy that his bluff seemed to pay off and not have to deal with buckshot shooting towards him. Calen nodded as Teddy explained in rough detail his experiences in Jackson, another perspective was always welcome and although Teddy clearly didn't mention every detail, anything could be helpful. When Teddy finished his tale Calen sat down across the alley from him finally looking down at the coin. Spending a couple moments studying it he flipped it to Teddy and started telling his own story.

'I didn't run into any doppelgangers, just a cute bartender and a crone who claimed to be a fortune teller. She gave be that coin and gave he a whole speech about my future and 14 others or groups, it wasn't clear. Maybe I should go back and check. But she did send me here. Seems like something is pushing us together, maybe we should get a room after this is all finished.' Calen teased his teammate, making sure to intermingle his recount with enough jokes to not ruin his own mood as long as they are all targeted at the person across from him.

'But yea we shouldn't leave these guys waiting. Eat, drink, we need to find everyone else. If these people have gone to so much trouble to set up this trap it would be rude not to walk into it. Calen continued reaching into his pack throwing some food and a water bottle to Teddy. The food was a sandwich, cold but still flavourful lamb coated richly with a mint-mustard sauce as well as crisp vegetables all between soft turkish bread. Calen took out another different coloured water bottle and started sipping slowly as he kept watch on either side of the alley way as well as his team mate.

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2017, 09:00:50 PM »
Teddy caught the coin and listened to Calen's story. Calen's sense of humor tried Teddy's patience. How the hell could he crack shitty jokes at a time like this? While the sandwich and water were appreciated, Teddy stowed the former in his bag for later. There's time to eat on the ride home. "I don't know how you're not freaking out right now." Teddy said, annoyed with Calen's demeanor.

"Here's the idea. First, we find our way to the exit, if we can find it. Beacon needs to know what's going on here. I've got someone I need to contact. After we do that, we look for Malina. She should be somewhere in this general area. Once we find her, we go to Helena. She probably didn't let Cobe wander too far." Teddy said, tapping his bottle of water with his thumb.

"If you really want to walk into this trap, we need to do it with as much help as we can." Teddy said, finally opening the water and gulping it down.

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2017, 04:11:15 AM »
'Well I have good jokes but I want to save them until the girls are around. Can't waste my best material on you, no offence of course but you're just not my type.' Calen responded looking at Teddy with a genuine smile. Taking another small sip of his drink Calen waited until the teddy bear finished his plan. 'I don't think contacted Beacon is much of an option, we lost contact a fair way out and I'm not willing to waste time when everyone else could be in trouble. I suggest grouping up first, then we can decide together what our next move should be. But yea an exit is a good idea, We'll retrace our steps and make our way from there.' Calen continued getting up and brushing himself clean from dust which he had coated himself with lounging in an alleyway.

Making his way over to where they ran in through previously Calen brief checked to make sure the way was reasonably clear. Gesturing for Teddy to follow
the two quickly made their way back before the rather odd experiences just passed. 'Regardless I have the feeling that the trap is going to come for us, might as well make it an objective.' Calen remarked quietly as they walked mostly to himself. If not stopped the two would continue until out of Jackson and follow Cobe and Helena by the tracks they left in the mud.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 13, 2017, 01:30:01 PM »
After over ten seconds, Helena started climbing the ladder. Damn. Did he not hear me? Is he too far away or something?

Her head popped out of the hole, followed by her torso, after which she put her arms on the ground either side. She looked around but couldn't see her teammate close by, or anywhere in her line of sight for that matter. She tried calling out to him again. "Cobe! Come here, I found something in the cave!"
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

SonicCraftX

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2017, 06:06:36 PM »
Cobe had just finished examining the kitchen, when he heard Helena calling to him.

"Oh, really? Alright then, I'm coming down."

He ran over to Helena and, even before he was in line of sight, he started explaining what he found. The bread slice, the plate, the knife and what he thought it could mean. Cobe thought the people had fled because of something, and he feared that they were walking straight into it, or maybe that one of those unknown Grimm had killed them all or maybe....

During his long winded theories they had been walking and climbing down to the door and Cobe's train of though was cut off when he (almost literally) stumbled over the chained door.

"Ah, I see. You want me to unlock it?"

Cobe then looked at the chain and took a hold of it, giving it a quick tug before saying quitely, but just loud enough so Helena could hear.

"Tight, whoever put this here does not want us to go down. Not 100% sure if I can open this"
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 06:14:54 PM by SonicCraftX »

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2017, 06:41:39 PM »
Calen and Teddy: ShowHide
 The pair stopped just short of the titanic wall of Jackson, both seeming to understand neither wanted to fully approach the thing that stretched so far into the sky. Calen clenched his fist and began to try to step forward anyway just as Teddy opened his mouth to say something.

Both froze in their tracks as a shot rang out. Somewhere behind them, off in the distance, the distinct CRACK of a file being fired raced through the crowd. Both of the students temporarily freed from their trance, ducked to the ground just as many others in the crowd did. A moment passed before another two CRACKs ran through the crowd. Something was off about them though. They were muffled, almost as if they were behind something heavy, and somewhere far down the street. Back to where they had come from.

[spoiler=Cobe and Helena] Just as Cobe grabbed a hold of the lock in hand, a rifle sounded from behind the door, nearly deafening despite the heavy door separating the sound from the pair. It was followed quickly by a succession of low, quick, and bass-y WOOMPs and then two more rifle shots.

The room behind the door was silent for a moment as Helena and Cobe exchanged a glance before the sound of slicing metal could be head in quick patterns and movements somewhere further back, followed by more of the WOOMP noises.
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2017, 05:27:36 AM »
There was something in his head. Calen knew this. You would think that once you are aware a sensation is not from your own mind it would be easy to ignore. Unfortunately something being implanted didn't make it feel any less real and despite pressing his considerable will to the task he could not step close to the wall. There has to be another way out. Calen thought to himself as he tried to think of a solution. What about that store that crone mentioned... What's Mine is Mine...'

Acting instinctively as a shot rang out behind them Calen threw himself to his left, chrashing himself and Teddy to the ground. Calen's left hand shot behind his back to his knives while his right gripped tight to Teddy ready to pull them both to cover. Scanning the crowd for threats was made easier as most of the crowd ducked to the ground but Calen still could make out the source of the sound. More to give himself more time to think of a way to get over the wall Calen pulled himself and Teddy to their feet and pushed the latter as they both made their way towards the sound.

'Maybe that's Miss Nahualli, we should check on it at least.' Calen remarked, his glibness muted by his mind being distracted thinking up a solution. 'There is also a store we might what to check out. The old crone told me about it, What's Mine is Mine. Strange name for a store what do you think they sell?' Calen continued simply to fill in the silence as they stumbled their way towards the gunshot.

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2017, 02:42:37 AM »
Teddy knew it was only a matter of time before something started blowing up. The way things had been going up until that point, the only thing that surprised him were that the shots were not aimed at him. They did get him out of his stupor. Whatever messed up things are happening in this town, it had clearly gotten into his head.

There was a small part of him that desperately wanted to get the hell out of dodge. If he could find his way out of the city, he could get backup and take on everything. As much as he hated to run back in there, he could not just leave Malina and Calen in this hellhole by themselves.

"Good God, man. Now's not the time for small talk! Make sure your aura stays up. This city is messing with my head, and I'm afraid it might make us drop it." he said, moving slightly faster than Calen as they went toward the gunshot. "I...*sigh* I-I'm sorry. You're right. We check it out, visit this store, and come back to the wall if we don't find anything."
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 01:25:36 PM by Mikelobmike »

SonicCraftX

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2017, 11:31:41 AM »
Okay, not good. Not good at all

Cobe drew Cobalt Dawn and prepared to strike whatever came his way, he exchanged a silent glance with Helena, letting her know he had her back, no matter what.