Author Topic: [Event] 1st Year Grand Finale: Nathan V Zabar [Closed]  (Read 46177 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
[Event] 1st Year Grand Finale: Nathan V Zabar [Closed]
« on: August 03, 2017, 09:18:45 PM »

The sun shins down on the colossus of a floating arena as the final airbus dropped of its occupants. An quick alarm sounded from the edges of the arena, marking the seating of the last few individuals in the stands. Throughout Vale, Sanus, throughout the entirety of Remnant people turned to their screens, eager to watch the coming fight. All of them wanting to see the which first year was going to be the first champion of the class.

Far below the sun, Vulco looks across the multiple screens set up in the announcers booth, his assistant Derek stood nearby, going over the files of the two finalists. The screens flick through camera angles, flickering to the arena floor and then to multiple angles of the crowd as Vulco presses down on a keyboard below the screens. On the screens the hundreds of spectators move almost restlessly in their seats, idly chatting with those around them about the upcoming match and showing down on overpriced concessions. Among them, Malina sits speaking happily with professor Titania seated next to her. The two exchange a few remarks and a quick chuckle from Titania before the screen flickers and changes to a different section of the crowd. Directly in the center of the screen, Graviton sits eagerly chowing down on an obscenely large bucket of popcorn and seemingly talking happily with Fleetwood, his assistant. Meanwhile, Fleetwood seems to be doing her best to act like she doesn't know the fourty something year old man sitting next to her with the popcorn bucket the size of a small child. Once more the screen flickers and cuts to a section of the crowd sitting near the front row.

A girl with shoulder length, light pink hair and blue eyes sits with a small "Go Zabar" sign that seemed like it had been made minutes before. She sits alone, not having anyone she knows next to her to talk with and seemingly restlessly moving her leg up and down in anticipation for the match. A few rows above the girl, another similarly lonely girl with long blue hair and orange eyes sits in wait of the match. She doesn't seem anxious like the pink haired girl, however, she sits still and patient, keeping her eyes locked on the arena in intense interest.

Far above, back in the announcer's booth, Derek whispers something into Vulco's ear and the man nods.

Showtime.

The crackle of the loudspeaker could be heard throughout the arena as it switched on. "LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND GENTLEMEEEEEEEEEEN!" The crowd erupted into a roar of excitement as Vulco's voiced filled the coliseum. "WELCOME TO THE FINAL MATCH OF THE FIRST YEAR BRACKET!" The crowd erupted into another ceremonious cheer, whoops and hollers came from all corners of Remnant as people sat down on their couches, snacks in hand. "I AM YOUR HOST, VULCOOOOOOOOOO AND THIS IS GONNA BE F ҉   ҉ KING AWESOME!! LET'S HOLD THE CEREMONY UNTIL AFTER THESE TWO FINAL COMBATANTS ARE OUT ON FIELD THOUGH, SHALL WE!?" The crowd cheered heartily once more. "OUR FIRST COMBATANT HAS AN INFAMOUS REPUATATION FOR INJURING ANY WHO GET IN HIS WAY TO THE TOP, I DON'T HAVE TO TELL YOU HIS NAME, IT'S NATHAN EAUUUUUUUU!! SAY WHAT YOU WILL ABOUT HIS TACTICS, HE'S GONNA BE A DEADLY HUNTER IN HIS TIME,
 AND A RUTHLESS OPPONENT FOR OUR SECOND COMBATANT, ZABAR AGAAAAA!! THE ONE, THE ONLY, THE VACUAN THAT COMES WITH A SMACKIN'!!
" The crowd erupted into applause as the two students entered onto the arena floor and began to make their way toward the center. "NEITHER OF THESE YOUNG MEN HAVE BEEN BESTED YET, BUT ONE WILL FALL TODAY, AFTER ALL ONLY ONE CAN LEAVE THE WINNER!" The two combatants reach the very center of the arena and grasp each others hands in a firm handshake and as their hands meet, the floor beneath them rises up into the air.

A chuckle is heard through the speakers of the arena as Vulco leans in toward the microphone in his booth. "NOW THIS'LL BE NEW TO THOSE YOUNG AND OLD. IN ADDITION TO THE NEW ENVIRONMENTS PRESENTED THIS YEAR, WE HAVE A BRAND NEW FINAL MATCH SYSTEM, RIGHT NOW IT'S JUST A FLAT CIRCLE, BUT YOU ALL JUST WAIT FOR THE SURPRIIISE! BUT FOR NOW, SINCE THERE'S NO ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER, THE MATCH MAY START ONCE THE TWO COMBATANTS MAKE THEIR WAY TO OPPOSITE ENDS OF THE CIRCLE!!!"

The two students make their way to their respective ends of the arena and turn on their heels to face each other once more, each readying themselves for attack.

The floor itself has an intricate pattern on it, spiraling inward toward a large engraving of the Vytal symbol in the center. The floor is roughly the size of Yang and Mercury's match arena in its current state. Getting knocked off may result in a lose, but only if the contestant reaches the bottom 100 ft (30.48m) below.

(A coin flip has decided that Nathan can make the first move.)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 12:09:48 AM by Dr. Gustave »
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Re: [Event] 1st Year Grand Finale: Nathan V Zabar [Open]
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 12:26:45 PM »
As the camera was shwoing the crowd a flicker of movement could be seen as Gray's form ducked behind a seat in an attempt to avoid being caught on camera. He was seated just behind the girl with blue hair and in his ducking managed to smack his head into the back of her seat. "Dammit. ow"
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 12:51:13 PM »
Right. This was it. The finale. He'd actually made it all the way here without using his trump card, which made him a bit warm and fuzzy inside. Although he was a bit nervous - unsurprisingly failing to demonstrate as much - before entering the arena itself, he'd switched into battle mode the moment he crossed the doorway. Well, almost, he'd actually been instructed on the procedure before the match would actually start. He shook Zabar's harm in a firm manner, his face being the very description of neutrality while he did so.

As he reached his side of the circle and the match started, he took out Ergia and switched it to staff form, activating its secondary functions as well. He knew his opponent, this time around. Or at least, he'd seen him fight several times. He didn't need to test the waters as much, planning on going full throttle from the start.

The majority of the staff sections covered themselves in a bright orange glow, through which electrical arcs played.

He took a few steps forward to get away from the edge, waiting for his opponent.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 01:57:30 PM »
Razzy was there. Oh, was Razzy there.

Seated as close to the front rows as he could, the boy had his foam finger and prop flag ready, but that was not all. This was the finale, and Vulco wasn't the only one bringing out the big guns. The pink fighter had purchased a Zabar hat, shirt, jacket and incredibly obnoxious vuvuzela. At the same time, however, he wanted to support his fellow student and guy representing Beacon as a whole - so he had convinced a group of friends who would occasionally swap between holding up signs that read 'GO ZABAR' and 'VICTORY FOR VACUO', and signs that read 'BEAT HIM FOR BEACON' and 'BREAK A LEG, NATHAN'. Razzy didn't ask for them to make that last sign, but they sure did.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 02:37:56 PM »
Zabar stood mere feet from the edge of the circle, glancing down at the ground far below before turning around to face his opponent. The sun shone down into his eyes before he quickly adjusted his hat to make sure there weren't any distractions during the fight. This would be more intense than the other fights and Zabar knew it, no poncho, no overshirt, just his boots, his pants, his chestplate, his gauntlets, and his hat. One might be forgiven for thinking that his upper half was robotic with how little skin was shown compared to the gleaming metal encasing his chest and arms. On his right arm he had his symbol, the hawk, painted onto his gauntlet's bicep area, but on his left side he had a new. On his left arm, painted in a golden hue, were the three swords of Vacuo's symbol.

He stretched his arms upward before lowering them into a ready position, each ready to activate his semblance in case Nathan decided to start off with a gun fight, though that quickly proved not to happen as Nathan took a similarly defensive stance. A smirk formed under the shade of the hat as Zabar started to slowly walk toward the other side of the arena.

As he approached the center of the circle, he took one last chance to cycle through his chambers of dust in his gauntlets. 'Four chambers each, two chambers of kinetic dust in each, fire and ice in right gauntlets and lightning and ice in the left.' He knew who he was up against, vaguely at least, mobility would be key in the fight.

As Zabar made it past the centermost point, his arms dropped behimd him and the sound of a gunshot rang out, signalling the blast of kinetic dust that came from both gauntlets, sending him rocketing forward toward Nathan. As he approached, he swung his arms around to his front and shifting the chamber to the ice dust, sending out a torrent a freezing particles ahead of him.

[Aura: 100%]
[Dual Ice Blast: Chance to freeze over body parts or weapon temporarily]

Brook raised an eyebrow as she turned to face the boy behind her. "You good?" She simply asked with a sense of half sincerity in her voice.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 02:48:07 PM »
This was the point where Zabar sprang forward. He'd seen it in previous matches, was currently expecting it to happen at literally any point in the match, he still almost just flinched at the display. Apparently, sudden bursts of speed had that effect.

As it were however, he more or less just jumped and threw himself to his left as soon as he could - or, in other words, as fast as his reflexes allowed. While this made him avoid the mini-blizzard that ensued, he still spun his staff perpendicular to the direction Zabar was, the heat of the air around it turning any remaining Ice Dust into (relatively) harmless steam. He then resumed his previous defensive stance, keeping an eye on his opponent at all times.

Boy, was this going to be fun.

...No, really.

(Aura: 100%)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 03:00:34 PM »
Zabar watched as Nathan appeared to the side and evaded his attack, not surprising to be honest, but this was just the beginning. Zabar continued his path through the air, sending him flying off the edge of the ring and down toward the ground. As soon as he'd passed the edge, however, he'd spun his chambers back to kinetic dust. Now, he pointed both arms downward and let out another burst of dust, sending him rocketing into the air. As he reached his apex, he let out another burst of dust and sent himself rocketing back down toward the ground, toward Nathan, with a kick firmly aimed toward his chest. As soon as that burst fired off he switched his chambers to lighting on his left hand and ice on his right, awaiting the counterattack that was sure to follow.

[Aura: 100%]
[Rocket Kick: 5%]

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 03:01:08 PM »
Gray leaned back in his seat with his hand that wasn't attached to the arm in a sling pressed to his head where he had hit it against the chair. He heard a voice asking if someone was ok. oh wait. that was directed at him. "Yeah. I think. That was stupid anyway."
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 04:27:55 PM »
Nathan stood still as Zabar... disappeared from sight beyond the arena's edge. Taking his chance now that the opponent wasn't there (for a split second, anyway), as well as anticipating what would no doubt be a somewhat aggressive return onto the stage, Nathan backed off several steps.

And there he was. The Vacuan rocketed back up, then forwards again. Nathan twisted himself towards the center of the arena, barely managing to clear the speeding foot aimed at his sternum. He kept the sideways momentum he had to get a bit of distance between him - whowas good at CQC - and Zabar - who was mostly a melee person, from what he'd seen, before going for a mild swing towards the opponent's shoulder as he landed.

(Mild swing at shoulder: 2% + 1% Fire damage + 1% Lightning damage)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 05:23:32 PM »
Zabar quickly brought up his right arm just in time to meet the staff with his forearm. "Not gonna be that easy." He said with a smirk before bending his arm forward and pushing down against the staff in an attempt to push it down toward the ground all the while he shot out his left arm toward Nathan's chest and let out a continuous plume of flames.

[Aura: 98%]
[Flames: 2% per second]

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 05:35:35 PM »
When Nathan realized Zabar's... gloved sleeves didn't really care about Ergia, he had the presence of mind to lift up and back the staff, stopping the opponent from locking it to the ground. He also moved to he is left again when he saw the Vacuan's free arm aim at his face. Not pre-emptively dodging those shiny gauntlets was not a very good way to win.

In retaliation, he used the other end of Ergia, aided by the push Zabar gave with his right arm, to smack him in the left kidney, even as a blazing inferno manifested itself where Nathan stood mere moments ago.

(Swing at left kidney/left hip: 3% + 1% Fire damage + 1% Lightning damage)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 05:52:35 PM »
Zabar felt the pain of the hit connecting with his left side and quickly swing his left arm around to his left side, sending out a whip of red hot flames toward Nathan. Using the moment as a distraction, he quickly rolled away, a genuine smile forming on his lips. He was starting to get a feel for Nathan. Quicker than the others and less brash. Good.

The chamber in his left gauntlet before ending on the kinetic dust, just before the sharp claws of his left gauntlet extended outward. He quickly placed his left hand to the floor and let off a blast of dust, sending him rocketing forward toward Nathan once more, but halfway to his destination, he quickly flicked his wrist to the side and let off another burst of dust, sending him to the right side of his opponent. Just as he passed by his side, Zabar slammed his clawed gauntlet into the ground, anchoring him and causing him to spin around and face back toward his opponent's back before sending out a blast of ice dust toward his feet.

[Aura: 93%]
[Ice Blast: Chance to freeze over feet up to shins]

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2017, 05:40:04 AM »
Catalina is here. He found his defeat at the finalist pretty solid, although it is still embarrassing to scream in pain in combat, in front of the entire world.

Regardless. He's here, and he's ready to cheer for Nathan, not caring for whatever the keyboard warriors or legit hunters would say. He smiled and crossed his legs when Nathan landed two hits and took none himself.
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2017, 01:11:04 PM »
Nathan quickly backpedaled as Zabar flicked flames his way, then slowly walked to his right to get closer to the center of the arena. Meanwhile, his opponent rolled away - a good thing since he wasn't exactly planning on pushing his luck any further, for now at least.

Zabar then almost quite literally flew straight at him. Nathan started stepping right, only to see the Vacuan imitate him (albeit at a far greater speed). Not waiting to see where this would lead, he jumped to his left, receiving himself further off in a roll. As he got back up, he noticed that a non-negligible layer of ice had formed around his calves and feet. Luckily, though, the ice was highly uneven, so adherence was only mildly hampered. The crystalline water around his ankle had broken upon landing, leaving him with one of the strangest sets of armored boots he'd ever seen.

Since everything was (mostly) fine, he resumed his previous defensive stance.

Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2017, 11:03:21 PM »
Zabar quickly glanced down at the broken ice still attached around Nathan's leg and gave a little huff as he slowly stood back up from his crouched position. "Ya know, for someone who got known for shootin' three guys, you don't do a whole lot of attackin'." He spoke with an almost disappointed tone as his right gauntlet spun to the fire dust, giving the gauntlet a faint red glow, and the left gauntlet spun to ice. "Now let me guess..." He began as he took a slow step forward, dropping his left arm to his side as if readying himself to whip a pistol form a holster. "Tryin' to get me to waste all my dust? Orrr maybe just feelin' me out, is that it?" He continued, taking another step. "I gotta say, attack, dodge, attack, dodge, attack, dodge ain't too interestin' for the guys up there." He pointed with his right thumb up toward the crowd around them.

"Come on, I had my turn, it's your turn now." He grinned as he lowered his right hand down and pointed out his index finger in a finger gun motion.