Author Topic: A Quiet Stroll [INVITE]  (Read 5035 times)

Martian

• Been Around

• View Profile
A Quiet Stroll [INVITE]
« on: May 28, 2017, 01:46:42 AM »
The sun was barely above the horizon, but Robin Teale didn't mind. The early Nevermore got the worm, after all. A new adventure was about to start for her, and she had a lot on her mind. The journey to Vale was long, but she had managed to make it with little trouble. She had thought about stopping home after graduating Sanctum, but thought it'd be too awkward at this point. Perhaps she'd call sometime if they hadn't changed their home phone number yet.

The location of Robin's morning stroll this time around was the beautiful Emerald Forest. It was no Forever Fall, of course, but there was still a simple beauty to the place. The way the sun reflected in the morning dew, the way it gave everything a new, yet nostalgic feel made the girl smile. She adjusted her beanie and continued to walk with a pleasant smile.
Marshal Oranzova- 1st Year Beacon Student, Leader of Team MARS - "Man, this is totally gonna cut into my nap."
Robin Teale- 1st Year Beacon Student, Team TRTA - "That's the most dangerous thing I've ever heard. Let's do it."

Capta1n_Henry

• Personal Text
    I'll decide your fate!
    • View Profile
Re: A Quiet Stroll [INVITE]
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 02:14:45 AM »
The morning dew brought out almost all of the scents the Emerald Forest had to offer, and Mae was enjoying every second of it while she hiked through the misty foliage. The smell of damp bark and flowers reminded her of the very forest in which she grew up in, along with the friends and family that she had left there to become a huntress.

Mae continued to hike through the misty forest with her normal attire, along with her crossbow and hunting knife, as she knew that the Emerald Forest was used as an initiation ground.

Martian

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 02:40:18 AM »
Robin fidgeted with one of her pistols, spinning it around her fingers as she looked all around at the scenery around her. She was half-tempted to attach Scipio and Cicero to her boots and go chakram-blading around the forest for a bit, but was suddenly caught off guard when she bumped straight into the back of another person!

"Oh my gosh!" she exclaimed. "I am so sorry! I didn't think anyone else would be out here."
Marshal Oranzova- 1st Year Beacon Student, Leader of Team MARS - "Man, this is totally gonna cut into my nap."
Robin Teale- 1st Year Beacon Student, Team TRTA - "That's the most dangerous thing I've ever heard. Let's do it."

Capta1n_Henry

• Personal Text
    I'll decide your fate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 03:33:35 AM »
Mae's train of happy, nostalgic thoughts was immediately cut off by the sudden feeling of something bumping into her. Mae immediately turned around and pulled out her crossbow thinking a bear or some stupid Grimm was checking her out. She was pleasantly surprised to find that it was another student--who was apologizing.

Oh gosh! I'm sorry too! I thought you were some wild animal or a Grimm, so excuse me pulling my weapon on you!

Mae holstered her weapon and looked around trying to look for a way out of the awkward situation that she had found herself in.

Martian

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 03:57:21 AM »
The other girl's appearance was a little jarring to Robin, who had never seen a Faunus before. Even at Sanctum, there hadn't been any Faunus students in her class. "Woah...cool..." she marveled. "You're a Faunus! I've never seen one in person before."

Realizing that she was probably coming across as a bit creepy, she snapped out of her observant gaze and coughed. "Sorry," she said. "Um...my name's Robin. What's yours?"
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 03:59:32 AM by Martian »

Capta1n_Henry

• Personal Text
    I'll decide your fate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 11:15:37 AM »
Mae blushed a little from Robin's flattery, turning her head away from the girl. "Um, my name's Mae. Mae Tulimanu."

An awkward silence fell on the pair until Mae decided to break the ice again. "If you don't mind my curiosity, could you tell me why you're out here?" Mae decided to get a better look at the girl and awkwardly and took two steps towards. Starting at the girl's dark boots, Mae quickly worked her eyes up to the girl's beanie. "Wow, that's a cool beanie! Is that custom made?"

Martian

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 01:52:01 PM »
Robin blushed as well. "It's...nice to meet you." This was the first person she had met since arriving in Vale. She was so nervous! Making matters worse, Mae had started asking her a bunch of questions!

"Well, I've only just arrived here at Beacon," she admitted, "and I'm waiting on a few things before I can actually start classes. I thought while I waited, I'd see the sights. This forest is beautiful!"

While she was right in saying that the forest was beautiful, it was also crawling with Grimm. While Robin told Mae about her beanie, two Ursa had been stalking them from the shadows. In an instant, the beasts made their presence known by roaring and leaping out of the bushes. Shocked, but not unprepared, Robin used her Semblance to get her chakrams ready. While she did that, she also drew her pistols, Infamy and Entropy. She held her guns in front of her as her chakrams whipped around, seemingly like magic. "I think we'll have to wait for a minute to talk," she muttered.

Capta1n_Henry

• Personal Text
    I'll decide your fate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 03:04:40 PM »
"Agreed." Mae pulled out her crossbow, Leto's Wrath, and loaded some ice dust ammo. Mae was excited that she would have the chance to test her combat capabilities off campus. She looked around at the trees and back to Robin.

"I'll cover you from the trees" Mae said as she used her semblance to jump onto a branch that was high up, giving her a clear advantage over the enemy. As soon as she landed, she started pelting the Ursas' with ice bolts, restricting their movements.

Martian

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2017, 05:41:07 PM »
Robin nodded as Mae jumped into the trees. Once she had gotten into position, the two Ursa charged at Robin, but one of them was stopped by Mae's ice bolts. Robin smirked as the other Ursa approached. As soon as it got into range, she let her chakrams rip into the beast, sticking them into the Ursa's chest and dealing some damage. To follow up immediately, she jumped at the Ursa and used her Semblance to magnetically attach the chakrams to her boots. She fired a few bullets and wheeled away on her chakrams before the Ursa had a chance to counter.

Capta1n_Henry

• Personal Text
    I'll decide your fate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 06:46:09 PM »
Mae continued to fire ice bolts into the frozen Ursa, while also counting every shot that she fired. After she had counted 20 bolts fired, she switched targets to the other Ursa and emptied the rest of her drum into it. Mae reloaded her crossbow with fire ammo, and continued to fire upon the Ursa that Robin was fighting.

Martian

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 03:30:42 AM »
The first Ursa would be completely encased in ice by the time Mae finished her onslaught of bullets. Ever perceptive, Robin picked up on this and quickly switched her target, running straight to the frozen Ursa to finish the job. Of course, the Ursa she had been attacking previously gave chase, but was quickly distracted by Mae's fire bolts.

Meanwhile, Robin had made it to her target and flew through the air feet-first at it. She assaulted the frozen beast with a scissor kick, which sliced the beast into thirds before it puffed into smoke.

Capta1n_Henry

• Personal Text
    I'll decide your fate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 04:16:48 PM »
After seeing that Robin had finished the frozen Ursa off in a stylish manner, Mae decided that she wanted to kill the last one in a similar way. After firing 24 fire bolts at the already weakened Ursa, Mae took her lightning canister and threw it at the beast, hitting it in the head. In the split second that it took for the canister to bounce of the Ursa's head, Mae had already fired the last fire bolt into it, causing a sizable explosion and blasting the beast's face off, killing it instantly.

"Welp, that seems to be the last of them." Mae sighed.

Martian

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 04:27:16 PM »
The second Ursa went down in a spectacular fashion. Robin exhaled sharply, impressed at the Faunus girl's capabilities. "That went...much better than expected!" she admitted. She was still somewhat new to fighting off actual Grimm, so this little spat was a good indicator of how she'd stack up against the forces she was swearing to fight off.

"Gotta say, you're really good, Mae!" Robin praised. "The two of us made a pretty good team, there."

Capta1n_Henry

• Personal Text
    I'll decide your fate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 05:08:40 PM »
Mae started to blush when Robin complimented her. She had never fought in a real combat situation with anybody else except her parents, and was pretty impressed with Robin's skills as well.

"Heh heh, thanks! You're pretty good too! That scissor kick was amazing! Mae replied. "We sure do huh? Well, hopefully they put us on the same combat team, whenever that happens anyway"

Martian

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2017, 02:02:12 PM »
Robin was suddenly reminded of the fact that they would have to sort her into a team in the next few days. Meeting new people scared her a bit, but with any luck she'd be paired up with her new friend Mae.

"Anyway, I'm probably going to head back soon," she said. "Would you like to come back to campus with me?"